West Side Parking Garage construction

djkidkaz

I hope Disney moves the advertisements for the shops to the exterior of the parking garages since you won't be able to see them anymore with this in the way.

dstrawn9889

have you seen how they theme a resort like art of animation or pop? you wouldn't think they would leave a concrete parking structure unthemed?

jt04

have you seen how they theme a resort like art of animation or pop? you wouldn't think they would leave a concrete parking structure unthemed?

Pretty sure the sides facing the retail areas will be themed. That is all that is needed. Helps in place setting IMO.

CDavid

Pretty sure the sides facing the retail areas will be themed. That is all that is needed. Helps in place setting IMO.

You don't want a plain (often ugly) parking garage facing Buena Vista Drive either, which is just as important if not more so, as the retail facing sides are partially obscured behind the retail structures.

maxairmike

I would think something similar in style to how they did the main garage for Columbus, OH's Arena District would be something to consider. Using more brick on the outside (like they do on most all of the buildings in the District) could give it a bit more "class/style" than what's pictured. It also works well with the idea of bringing the venue banners out to the road on the garage.

arena_district.jpg

arena-district-sigh-traffic-lights.jpg

djkidkaz

I would think something similar in style to how they did the main garage for Columbus, OH's Arena District would be something to consider. Using more brick on the outside (like they do on most all of the buildings in the District) could give it a bit more "class/style" than what's pictured. It also works well with the idea of bringing the venue banners out to the road on the garage.

arena_district.jpg

arena-district-sigh-traffic-lights.jpg

Thats very City Walk and doesn't seem very Disney to me at all. Just because its a parking garage doesn't mean it has to look like one. Im hoping the outside gets themed very nicely as its one of the first things everyone will see as they arrive to DTD.

jt04

You don't want a plain (often ugly) parking garage facing Buena Vista Drive either, which is just as important if not more so, as the retail facing sides are partially obscured behind the retail structures.

I do like the idea that they would have an aesthetic that lowers expectations upon arrival to some degree. That way when you walk into a "district" you are more impressed. Always liked the UNI style of using a lot a greenery to deal with the visual impact on approach.

dstrawn9889

that looks nice, not blocky UNI parking deck... and the louvers will effectively hide whether the parking deck is full or empty... a more uniform appearance

jt04

Absolutely perfect. Couldn't be better. Can anyone read the added notes?

Attractive without hinting too heavily at the theme inside. Very pleased with the subtle 'mid century modern' style. Compliments the direction they seem to be taking on the west side without raising expectations too high upon arrival. Kudos!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom