West Side Parking Garage construction

NearTheEars

Heading down there tonight. I have avoided the area like the plague recently because of construction, so first time back in a while. Where's the best place to park right now for The West Side?

jakeman

Heading down there tonight. I have avoided the area like the plague recently because of construction, so first time back in a while. Where's the best place to park right now for The West Side?
We did the West Side parking garage in February and it was fine. Not a pretty walk, but easy in and easy out compared to the old surface lot.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
seems an odd decision to not have escalators on this access building, just feels like odd cost cutting.
I dont think there is space to accommodate the stairs, elevators and escalators. It is significantly smaller than the first connector.

I am assuming that the stairs is required by code, so if anything was to get the cut due to space, it would have to be the escalators.

Still, it is a very short walk, so not an issue to take the stairs. And for those with strollers or wheelchairs, there are elevators.

I think they have all bases covered.

halltd

First off, obviously use Epcot Center Drive to approach the district on Lake Buena Vista Dr. and then turn left into the parking lot across from Typhoon Lagoon. I went last Friday and traffic was flowing nicely. Upon entering the lot, there are two lanes. The left lane normally is directed straight into the giant surface lot behind Cirque. The right lane turns and goes into the West garage. I parked way out in the surface lot and I liked it because it was just park and walk. No hassle. But, you have to walk quite a way. I chose that over fighting/searching for a space to park.

Overall, even on a very crowded Friday night last week, it was pretty easy in-easy out. :)

NearTheEars

I was pretty impressed with the garage. It's actually nice and open.
I'm sure other large cities have had this for years, but the light system for the parking was fantastic. I wish they had that back at the garages during college. Spaces were coveted at the commuter school I went to.
There was a lot of traffic due to the construction, but it went pretty smoothly.
And we parked right on the second floor and took the escalator right down into the West side.

articos

As of a couple nights ago, construction has started to connect the Epcot Center Drive ramp to the Garage connector. Be aware the Epcot Center Drive ramp has a shift in it now and will likely be more congested for the next several months. And will likely have FHP and/or Orange Co. Sheriff sitting near it to monitor periodically.

Last edited:

Kman101

I try to keep my complaining to a minimum and it really isn't a big issue for me, but went to Disney Springs a week and a half ago and wow, construction is EVERYWHERE.

But I had zero issues parking. Parked behind House of Blues like I always do. Tons of spaces. Love it. But a question .... instead of turning right to go that way (or left if coming from the opposite way, sorry I just know the way and don't know all the road names), how on earth do I get to the parking garage? I drove all over and it just wasn't very clear to me. Very hectic in that area but will be worth it when done. Having not been there for a year I was pretty shocked by the mess.

halltd

But a question .... instead of turning right to go that way (or left if coming from the opposite way, sorry I just know the way and don't know all the road names), how on earth do I get to the parking garage? I drove all over and it just wasn't very clear to me.

When you enter the "lot" by turning in across from Typhoon Lagoon, the road has two lanes. The left lane is normally directed straight into the lot you parked in (behind HOB). The right lane is normally directed right and then after snaking through construction, it is led into the garage.

Granted, this may change regularly, so I wouldn't quote it as gospel. But this is the way it's been for me on my last several visits over many months.

Kman101

When you enter the "lot" by turning in across from Typhoon Lagoon, the road has two lanes. The left lane is normally directed straight into the lot you parked in (behind HOB). The right lane is normally directed right and then after snaking through construction, it is led into the garage.

Granted, this may change regularly, so I wouldn't quote it as gospel. But this is the way it's been for me on my last several visits over many months.

Ah, thank you. I sort of assumed I had to go into the right lane to continue to the garage but I always end up naturally going left and parking in that lot. (And it really didn't seem clear, so much going on there it's very busy and hectic)

Slipknot

So, how sensitive are the green, open space indicators? Last time I used the garage, a few showed green but had vehicles with horrible parking jobs and one showed an empty spot with a woman on a personal ecv in it as in use.

Next Big Thing

So, how sensitive are the green, open space indicators? Last time I used the garage, a few showed green but had vehicles with horrible parking jobs and one showed an empty spot with a woman on a personal ecv in it as in use.
When i've been there of late, they seem to be working just fine. Once you park, it takes a few seconds, recognizes it's there and turns red. The only thing it's a bit sketchy on is Motorcycles as they sometimes don't hit the sensor.

If you actually just stand under the sensor, you can time how long it takes for it to turn red.

Rider

The garage exit ramp directly onto BV Dr. is now open.

2015-05-30 18.01.10.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom