Welcome to the all-new WDWMAGIC

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
LOL actually not - 27" iMac and a 15" MacBook are my developer machines.

We tested on pretty much every platform and class of device. Goal was to make it the most accessible and usable across all platforms. I think we have achieved that. It is of course different to what was there before, but responsive is the way that the web has gone, and we have to embrace that.

Ummmm.....I'm still using the CERN web browser Nexus so I'm not sure by what you mean by the way the "web has gone". Next, you'll be trying to get me to use Minuet or something fancy.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I don't have any problems with the appearance of the site on Internet Explorer 11, Google chrome, Firefox, Safari on Win7 professional or premium on array of monitors it or on a couple of laptops. It also works fine on an iPhone and an iPad. Further,once I did the necessary upgrades and patches for my Etch-a-Sketch, I thought the appearance was beyond functional and had moved into the realm of abstract beauty. I do think a Disney site should only use the font Arial, but it should be misspelled slightly.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I jumped over to my laptop to order pizza.. and compare the fonts here :) I didn't have any Roboto fonts installed locally.. so I assume it was using the dynamically loaded fonts. I tried downloading the google fonts to see if it made any difference and I can say 'no'. This is on a 1920x1080 17" laptop display in chrome on win7. The quoted font especially I find difficult to read comfortably (tighter kerning, italics, and size) and other portions like the User info block, user likes, etc I need to focus on to see well.. can't pick them out by scanning by quickly. I find the font uncomfortable even until I zoom up to 150%. Comparing side by side with my iphone, I think it largely comes down to viewing distance. The iphone looks good, but I also typically have it 2/3rds closer to me. Holding the phone further back and it gets harder to read (obviously). I am nearsighted, and the dr tells me to stop looking at the computer so much.. but I think I'll stick to my substitution for my own reading. Thanks for the stats peek @wdwmagic
The iPhone is a retina class display though. So regardless of distance, it is a considerably superior display. Try the site on a MacBook Pro Retina, or iMac 5K - font looks awesome.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I don't have any problems with the appearance of the site on Internet Explorer 11, Google chrome, Firefox, Safari on Win7 professional or premium on array of monitors it or on a couple of laptops. It also works fine on an iPhone and an iPad. Further,once I did the necessary upgrades and patches for my Etch-a-Sketch, I thought the appearance was beyond functional and had moved into the realm of abstract beauty. I do think a Disney site should only use the font Arial, but it should be misspelled slightly.

This is a scientist! This is the scientific method at its pinnacle. Look at all this experimentation! He seems to have even "borrowed" his neighbors and peers computers in order to further his research. I accept his findings as fact.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The iPhone is a retina class display though. So regardless of distance, it is a considerably superior display. Try the site on a MacBook Pro Retina, or iMac 5K - font looks awesome.

Somehow I misplaced my mbp from my welcome kit ;). I might be switching to one in a month or so... No more visual studio and mssql for me so no more barriers...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Somehow I misplaced my mbp from my welcome kit ;). I might be switching to one in a month or so... No more visual studio and mssql for me so no more barriers...
Visual Studio - sounds just like my days. VM Ware Fusion is my best friend. Let's me run OS X, but with a Windows 8 VM for running visual studio in parallel to OS X.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Can I add to the font discussion? Perhaps it's slightly too slim or not bold enough on a iPad Air.

Or maybe it's my age...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom