Welcome to the all-new WDWMAGIC

P_Radden

Been a member since 2005; still by far the best Disney fan site. Congrats!

You said it right

Been a member since.... well a few months ago, but I fully agree this is the best Disney fan site hands down. The news, the layout of the forums, the members (well most of them ;) ), the trip reports....All of it. I really appreciate this community and enjoy contributing it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The goal of the redesign was to first put all the information right at your fingertips. We’ve reworked the navigation bar to remain on screen at all times, allowing you to quickly find information from a choice of categories, or stay up to date on the latest news and construction projects.
It looks like the locked nav bar covers up the first couple of lines of the most recent post. (using chrome Version 43.0.2357.130 m)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I should probably know this but do we have access to change some of the color preferences? Old style it was easy to distinguish between a read and unread threads. The new format with the thinner font makes it difficult to easily see what has and has not been read.

Otherwise, the update looks clean and well done.
Easy way to spot unread threads is to just look for the blue dot - no need to try and interpret the font weight.

blueblobs.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Love the look on the iphone! The desktop version is also good, but I miss the forum links in the right side navigation. I used to check that first. But, I can get used to scrolling down a bit :).

Congrats on the great job! I really appreciate the site. And, sign me up for the IOS app beta, too :)
Quick way to get to the forum list - click on 'Forum' just under the big homepage rotating image. It will jump right to the 'Forum' posts.

forumlink.jpg

n2hifi

Guess I can't fault you for doing what other sites are doing but I much prefer separate mobile and desktop sites. Now I have to zoom the site to 75% to make things reasonable size on the desktop. Do all you web developers use 13" monitors or what? Everything is now huge. Don't like it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Guess I can't fault you for doing what other sites are doing but I much prefer separate mobile and desktop sites. Now I have to zoom the site to 75% to make things reasonable size on the desktop. Do all you web developers use 13" monitors or what? Everything is now huge. Don't like it.
LOL actually not - 27" iMac and a 15" MacBook are my developer machines.

We tested on pretty much every platform and class of device. Goal was to make it the most accessible and usable across all platforms. I think we have achieved that. It is of course different to what was there before, but responsive is the way that the web has gone, and we have to embrace that.

RMichael21

One other thing that's just a tad annoying is that when I hold my iPhone 5S vertically, there's no Alert button. I have to take the long way around by clicking my username, clicking alert (taking me the alerts page not a drop down box) and clicking on my newest alert. Is this just me? :p It's probably me being lazy. ;):cool:

Berret

In the Parks
No
It looks great. I've only been with the site two months and while I enjoyed the previous version, this is a marked improvement in my opinion. Thanks a lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom