Weird Rumor

Bolna

Yeah but people like to see others make fools of themselves, thats why alot of people watch the auditions of AI.

I agree, but first that would not be a very Disney-like notion of enternainment in my opinion and then there is a difference between TV and live action. The way it is done in the USA might be a bit different from what I saw in Germany, but here the auditions are heavily edited. So they take the 30 funny minutes of a full day (or even two) of auditions to make one TV programm out of it. Also, I think most people expect more from an attraction at a theme park where they paid quite a lot of money to get in than from their average TV programm that is on every evening :shrug:

hrcollectibles

I think they should make it an attraction where u get put into the movies I think they had one like that at MGM I know at Universal they had a hercules/Xena one

CThaddeus

I thought that most of the interactive seat technology was sold off to Mousesurplus soon after WWTBAM-PI! closed.

Coming this fall to ABC - WWTBAM PI! Join WWTBAM as he takes down the crooks and the ladies, too! He's a no-nonsense kinda guy with a really big gun! Be here for WWTBAM PI!, Tuesdays at 9!

WDWFigment

They did know about the Tortuga restaurant before others.

How do you figure? One day, they said the plans were canceled, a couple of days later they said the plans are still on track, just delayed. No other sources (correct me if I'm wrong) have corroborated either claim. To me, it sounds like another instance of them getting an email from a fervent fan who presented a rumor as a truth.

darthjohnny

How do you figure? One day, they said the plans were canceled, a couple of days later they said the plans are still on track, just delayed. No other sources (correct me if I'm wrong) have corroborated either claim. To me, it sounds like another instance of them getting an email from a fervent fan who presented a rumor as a truth.

No, they said they new it was delayed and added that they didn't know if it was gone for good. Then they got more news about it being pushed back and not completely cancelled.

This site, wdwmagic.com, has also confirmed what Screamscape initially reported.

Foolish1

I would hope that an 'ABC' show would go in the 'ABC' theatre. How About A 'Lost' Attraction. I Could See Some Kind Of Attraction Involving ABC'S Hit Shows Like Lost, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Pushing Daisies, and Ugly Betty. A Walkthrough Maybe?

How about a new version of Cinemagique based upon the TV shows you mention above? I would think that would be pretty entertaining.

WDWFigment

No, they said they new it was delayed and added that they didn't know if it was gone for good. Then they got more news about it being pushed back and not completely cancelled.

This site, wdwmagic.com, has also confirmed what Screamscape initially reported.

So in other words, WDWMagic's news section (on the main page) confirmed that the project had been canned. This contradicts Screamscape's most recent rumor on the topic.

I can do the same thing Screamscape did, watch this: Plans to build a giant Mr. T statue in the middle of MGM exist. It turns out those plans I just wrote about don't exist.

Now if people hear either rumor, they can attribute it to my great rumor catching. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. You can't selectively disregard some of their reporting in order to credit Screamscape with 'getting it right' when they reported conflicting statuses in close proximity to one another. Screamscape reports just about anything with very little incredulity. Their recent rumors corroborate this assertion, as some have, quite simply, been out of left field.

darthjohnny

So in other words, WDWMagic's news section (on the main page) confirmed that the project had been canned. This contradicts Screamscape's most recent rumor on the topic.

I can do the same thing Screamscape did, watch this: Plans to build a giant Mr. T statue in the middle of MGM exist. It turns out those plans I just wrote about don't exist.

Now if people hear either rumor, they can attribute it to my great rumor catching. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. You can't selectively disregard some of their reporting in order to credit Screamscape with 'getting it right' when they reported conflicting statuses in close proximity to one another. Screamscape reports just about anything with very little incredulity. Their recent rumors corroborate this assertion, as some have, quite simply, been out of left field.

:lookaroun

It appears that your dislike for Screamscape is blinding you from seeing the light.

If you would have read the rumor, Screamscape heard the project was going to be pushed back. They did not know, however, whether or not the project was cancelled.

If you would have read the WDWMagic news as well, they also mention it being pushed back, in accordance with Screamscape.

Then Screamscape came back with back up saying it looks like that Tortuga hasn't been canned, but did confirm that it was pushed back.

But it's not surprising to me. If you, like many other people, don't want to take the news/rumors for what it is, be my guest.

I still can't find sufficient reasons why people have such disgust for Screamscape while absolute enamoration for other sites. Maybe it's that whole follow the herd mentality.

Or maybe you do have your own reasons. I don't care.

Getting back to the original topic, I do think that this American Idol type show would draw a bit of a crowd. It'll be interesting to see how they are going to hanlde it if they do indeed go through with this.

WDWFigment

:lookaroun

It appears that your dislike for Screamscape is blinding you from seeing the light.

If you would have read the rumor, Screamscape heard the project was going to be pushed back. They did not know, however, whether or not the project was cancelled.

If you would have read the WDWMagic news as well, they also mention it being pushed back, in accordance with Screamscape.

Then Screamscape came back with back up saying it looks like that Tortuga hasn't been canned, but did confirm that it was pushed back.

But it's not surprising to me. If you, like many other people, don't want to take the news for what it is, be my guest.

I still can't find sufficient reasons why people have such disgust for Screamscape while absolute enamoration for other sites. Maybe it's that whole follow the herd mentality.

Or maybe you do have your own reasons. I don't care.

Getting back to the original topic, I do think that this American Idol type show would draw a bit of a crowd. It'll be interesting to see how they are going to hanlde it if they do indeed go through with this.

Sorry if I came across as a 'Screamscape pessimist', I've read the site daily for a while, I just think lately, they have based reports on random emails they've received (from everyday fanboys with no real connections). I understand the nature of rumors sites like these means the majority of their reports will never come to fruition. What bothers me is when they report things that are blatantly blue sky, under the guise that it's a substantive rumor. Screamscape has done this a lot lately.

I have no problem with Screamscape as a source for rumors, I just think lately, they haven't been very discerning. Perhaps they should start qualifying rumors as being 'unverified' or coming from an 'unconfirmed source' if they don't seem plausible (that isn't the case with the Tortuga rumor, but it seems to be the case with this one).

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Mr T. :sohappy:

Takes rumor and runs with it.
80.gif

darthjohnny

Sorry if I came across as a 'Screamscape pessimist', I've read the site daily for a while, I just think lately, they have based reports on random emails they've received (from everyday fanboys with no real connections). I understand the nature of rumors sites like these means the majority of their reports will never come to fruition. What bothers me is when they report things that are blatantly blue sky, under the guise that it's a substantive rumor. Screamscape has done this a lot lately.

I have no problem with Screamscape as a source for rumors, I just think lately, they haven't been very discerning. Perhaps they should start qualifying rumors as being 'unverified' or coming from an 'unconfirmed source' if they don't seem plausible (that isn't the case with the Tortuga rumor, but it seems to be the case with this one).

It's alright.

Most of the time, Screamscape has their own sources, probably different from the ones you see at Miceage or this site. It's more of a collaborative effort on that site.

People just have to remember that they are rumors, and anything goes. Sometimes they are right on, other times they're off.

In terms this rumor, I could definately see how Disney could be working on an American Idol-type show. I'm still think we'll have to wait before we know if it will definately be the A.I. show.

Figment571

Mr. T pitys the fool.

Oh, I know they will be replacing Fantasmic with the most epic battle of all time, nightly. MR. T vs. Chuck Norris vs. Bruce Campbell. Winner takes all.

Another Superstar TV thing would be cool. My mom was in Cheers once. Something with Pushing Daisies could be cool. Maybe you get woken up by the pie maker.

That idea is absolutley horrible for DHS. I would love to see it in PI though. Get all the drunks singing and dancing Wayne Brady style. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom