Weird Rumor

devoy1701

In the immortal words of Deanna Troi, "I sense...great pain..."

I love the Star Trek References that are starting to come out on this site!

Isn't American Idol a Fox license? Since when did Disney start licensing things from Fox, especially since Fox works close with Universal?:shrug:

Well Disney is also lisenced with MGM with the Great Movie Ride, CBS with the ToT and RnR (Aerosmith is signed on with Columbia Records).

Then of course we have the Disney/Lucas Arts collaboration....

so I don't see why Disney wouldn't attempt to pursue a license with Fox...

But I overall think it is a horrible idea. IMHO, we're not going to have American Idol for much longer. All of the winners have come up dry as to their success. Kelly Clarkson can't seem to keep her tour going, Carrie Underwood has had horrible reviews about her latest CD, Josh Gracin's last single was about a year ago and didn't take him anywhere....

Champion

Idol (yuck) airs on Fox, but its not really a Fox production.

Its basically the same situation as Star Wars. Fox releases it, but really doesn't own it.

Thiger

Whoa i'm tired...i read that as 'the Gaslamp on PCP'
man what a day! lol

In NYC and Toronto we have hip hop karaoke, there're no screens and you need to know the lyrics from top to bottom. Its really fun. There's a video on Youtube of Robert Downey Jr at the NYC show doing the entire 13 minute track of 'Triumph' by Wu Tang...pretty neat

anyway, I'd love to see a totally interactive Karaoke show w/ all that stuff! The AC is amazing and the future / direction of where PI should be going IMHO.

That would be awesome! In Long Beach Ca we have a club that does Karaoke, but instead of a CD playing the music you have a live band that performs the songs and does the back up lyrics! Its called the Gaslamp on PCH if anyone was curious!

Whoa i'm tired...i read that as 'the Gaslamp on PCP'
man what a day! lol

In NYC and Toronto we have hip hop karaoke, there're no screens and you need to know the lyrics from top to bottom. Its really fun. There's a video on Youtube of Robert Downey Jr at the NYC show doing the entire 13 minute track of 'Triumph' by Wu Tang...pretty neat

anyway, I'd love to see a totally interactive Karaoke show w/ all that stuff! The AC is amazing and the future / direction of where PI should be going IMHO.

I'm really glad they give us screens with the lyrics! LOL KJ would be hella fun at PI, and isn't there a vacant club building sitting there right now?

nanna

Still valid.
Maybe without quite as much rat in it...but still valid.

but what about this american idol live rumor?

what about a dancing with the stars show. they could have dances and the audience vote which ones are their favorite. yea i know, it sounds like a crappy attraction but the franchise is huge around the world.

IcicleM

When I was going through training there were managers in there discussing the "American Idol" type show, so as far as I know, the rumor is true.

phenom1307

So is ABC buying the rights to American Idol?:shrug: i really can't see how an American Idol attraction will be built in disney...and if so it will be the dumbest attraction i could think of

Champion

So is ABC buying the rights to American Idol?:shrug: i really can't see how an American Idol attraction will be built in disney...and if so it will be the dumbest attraction i could think of

Again, just because something exists at WDW or DLR or even appears on ABC or any network for that matter does not mean they or any other company owns it or the rights to it.

Examples:
House is an NBC/Universal show (which is why its on USA in reruns)
Scrubs is an ABC/Disney show (which is why Disney would have picked it up for this year if NBC didn't)
Twilight Zone belongs to CBS
etc etc etc

phenom1307

Again, just because something exists at WDW or DLR or even appears on ABC or any network for that matter does not mean they or any other company owns it or the rights to it.

Examples:
House is an NBC/Universal show (which is why its on USA in reruns)
Scrubs is an ABC/Disney show (which is why Disney would have picked it up for this year if NBC didn't)
Twilight Zone belongs to CBS
etc etc etc

i still don't want it to be at disney no matter who owns it

Fun2BFree

Regardless of people's opinions of said show (and I don't like it anyway), it sounds like a solid plan to diversify attractions in DHS, draw fans of the show to the park, and fill another empty gap. It's gotta be better than a vacant building collecting dust, right?

phenom1307

Regardless of people's opinions of said show (and I don't like it anyway), it sounds like a solid plan to diversify attractions in DHS, draw fans of the show to the park, and fill another empty gap. It's gotta be better than a vacant building collecting dust, right?

nope......

.....jk :lol:....as long as it will take other guest away form the RnRC and ToT lines i'm fine with it i guess, still would rather it not be at WDW

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom