WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure to use Virtual Queue

milordsloth

So that makes it doubly important that we get a ROTR boarding pass at 7am since we are doing DL first. If not, we have to make the decision if we try again for ROTR at noon or go for Web Slingers since we'll be park hopping and could still get access.

I'm confused. Doesn't parkhopping start at 1pm? Or does everyone at either park get to try for the noon boarding groups no matter which park they started in?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm confused. Doesn't parkhopping start at 1pm? Or does everyone at either park get to try for the noon boarding groups no matter which park they started in?

"Starting the Day at Disney California Adventure Park or Disneyland Park (with a Park Hopper Ticket)

To access the virtual queue opportunity beginning at 12:00 PM, Guests must have a valid ticket and park reservation, and have entered Disney California Adventure Park, or Disneyland Park with a Park Hopper ticket, by noon. Guests beginning their day at Disneyland Park may then enter Disney California Adventure Park with their Park Hopper ticket after 1:00 PM for their boarding group, as applicable."

milordsloth

"Starting the Day at Disney California Adventure Park or Disneyland Park (with a Park Hopper Ticket)

To access the virtual queue opportunity beginning at 12:00 PM, Guests must have a valid ticket and park reservation, and have entered Disney California Adventure Park, or Disneyland Park with a Park Hopper ticket, by noon. Guests beginning their day at Disneyland Park may then enter Disney California Adventure Park with their Park Hopper ticket after 1:00 PM for their boarding group, as applicable."

Good to know, thanks!

Stevek

Yes, starts at 1pm but you can try and get it at noon. Believe that any boarding group or virtual spot in line would be later in the day anyways and not in that noon-1pm window.

waltography

Seems to have gone down at around 5:15 perhaps? BG were stopped then and picked up an hour later; unclear if that's the case though.

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 7.10.58 PM.png

You can find the BG graph here: https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/attraction/disneyland/webslingersaspidermanadventure/

mickEblu

A friend of mine who rode this today said it was fun but definitely geared towards younger kids. She said it was 'just ok'

That’s disappointing to hear although I get plenty of enjoyment out of other things around the resort that are “for kids” especially if I’m with my kids.

CaptinEO

A friend of mine who rode this today said it was fun but definitely geared towards younger kids. She said it was 'just ok'
That can't be true, people on this very forum said that I was underestimating it by saying it was another boring shooter ride!

WDI are gods of entertainment, I'm sure this is just as good as Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion combined.

lazyboy97o

My wife was just talking about taking a trip to Carmel. We've driven through and stayed in Monterrey for a night on the way to San Francisco many years ago.
I took a trip to Monterrey 15 years ago. Another visit is due.

If you do end up going to Carmel, let me know your travel plans. Not sure if flying to San Jose or taking a train would be best.
Personal hang-up, but Monterrey is in Mexico. Beautiful Monterey is in California. And no trip is complete without a visit to the creepy delight that is Steinbeck’s Spirit of Monterey Wax Museum, and the aquarium down the street from it isn’t too shabby either.

SuddenStorm

That can't be true, people on this very forum said that I was underestimating it by saying it was another boring shooter ride!

WDI are gods of entertainment, I'm sure this is just as good as Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion combined.

Someone I know who's connected to the project did say it was supposed to be an aspirational ride for an 8 year old, to give them the chance to be a 'hero'. Whether or not this is the right approach is debatable, but it's not surprising to me that the ride primarily appeals to a younger demographic.

If I had to guess, the E ticket ride was going to be the one geared towards adults.

Californian Elitist

Personal hang-up, but Monterrey is in Mexico. Beautiful Monterey is in California. And no trip is complete without a visit to the creepy delight that is Steinbeck’s Spirit of Monterey Wax Museum, and the aquarium down the street from it isn’t too shabby either.
Yes, you’re right! *Monterey.

I’ll look into that wax museum.

DisneyLostBoy03

The attraction, though it may be aimed more for younger kids, I am sure will still be fun for families. Hoping that the ride will have at least an Audio Animatronic in it and be a better Marvel themed shooting attraction than Ant-Man and the Wasp: Nano Battle at Hong Kong Disneyland. Saw video footage of it and it was unfortunately disappointing, especially with the execution itself.

CM.X777

Wasn't ROTR due to the technical problems and this due to social distancing and indoor queueing not allowed? There is almost no outdoor queue for WEB slingers.

WEB actually has a good amount of outdoor queue, the issue is a lot of it is switch backs, so most of it can't be utilized well with the 6 feet rule.

WEB.jpg

Everything in the red is standby queue.

Are we out of NDA territory now? Should we be expecting cast member reviews popping up on social media?

Cast have been told to not post or take about it until the 4th.

CaptinEO

Someone I know who's connected to the project did say it was supposed to be an aspirational ride for an 8 year old, to give them the chance to be a 'hero'. Whether or not this is the right approach is debatable, but it's not surprising to me that the ride primarily appeals to a younger demographic.

If I had to guess, the E ticket ride was going to be the one geared towards adults.
Even if that was the case I'd feel they missed the mark. This is like a tutorial level fighting spider bots. You should be with spiderman fighting bad guys and saving the world.

Movielover

Even if that was the case I'd feel they missed the mark. This is like a tutorial level fighting spider bots. You should be with spiderman fighting bad guys and saving the world.
Right, this feels like the opening scene of Men In Black: Alien Attack at Universal Orlando. You start in a training room shooting fake aliens before an emergency happens and you move out to the "real" city and fight the "real" aliens. I don't want to be web slinging robots I want to fight The Green Goblin or be chased by Doc Ock. This just feels so lazy of a concept.

CaptinEO

Right, this feels like the opening scene of Men In Black: Alien Attack at Universal Orlando. You start in a training room shooting fake aliens before an emergency happens and you move out to the "real" city and fight the "real" aliens. I don't want to be web slinging robots I want to fight The Green Goblin or be chased by Doc Ock. This just feels so lazy of a concept.
Absolutely agree. Talk about missing the mark. Reminds me of how Smugglers Run fails to capture any of the excitement of Star Wars space battles while Star Tours does so perfectly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom