WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure to use Virtual Queue

MagicWDI

Hopefully this doesn't last too long like RotR. Hopefully it is simply a mix of being new and covid protocols not allowing indoor queuing.

Disney Analyst

Hopefully this doesn't last too long like RotR. Hopefully it is simply a mix of being new and covid protocols not allowing indoor queuing.

I believe it’a exactly those two factors. Once indoor queuing is allowed again, they will likely only need to us a VQ for it much like Indy is doing.

Stevek

So that makes it doubly important that we get a ROTR boarding pass at 7am since we are doing DL first. If not, we have to make the decision if we try again for ROTR at noon or go for Web Slingers since we'll be park hopping and could still get access.

Last edited:

CaptinEO

They really need to let people line up again. I waited 2.5 hours for Mission Breakout opening weekend because I wanted to.

The phone lottery thing I don't enjoy. IMO if someone wants to be a super dedicated person and wants to wait 4-5 hours for a ride, let them.

fctiger

Well not surprising. Without Covid it probably would've been a regular queue but they have to keep the crowds down somehow. And yes I guess this is a glass half full POV but it's probably a good thing, especially for people who want to still ride ROTR, which is a must-do I'm guessing for most. Now they have a much better shot. WEB slingers looks like it will be fun but nothing most people MUST do. But its a new ride so its going to be wildly popular for awhile no matter what.

fctiger

They really need to let people line up again. I waited 2.5 hours for Mission Breakout opening weekend because I wanted to.

The phone lottery thing I don't enjoy. IMO if someone wants to be a super dedicated person and wants to wait 4-5 hours for a ride, let them.

It's probably just due to Covid and the social distancing issues. When you waited the 2.5 hours for MBO you packed in like sardines. I'm trying to imagine what a 2.5 hour line looks like when everyone has to be six feet apart lol.

I assume it's most likely temporary but won't be shocked if it last through summer if not the rest of they year. Or maybe it will change sooner if they drop a lot of the social distancing measures before then.

CaptinEO

It's probably just due to Covid and the social distancing issues. When you waited the 2.5 hours for MBO you packed in like sardines. I'm trying to imagine what a 2.5 hour line looks like when everyone has to be six feet apart lol.

I assume it's most likely temporary but won't be shocked if it last through summer if not the rest of they year. Or maybe it will change sooner if they drop a lot of the social distancing measures before then.
I didn't think about that a long line 6 ft apart would be a logistical mess.

BasiltheBatLord

One of the worst parts of these VQ systems is that they limit how many times you can ride per day. Taking away guest choice and agency for no good reason. Moving more towards the WDW model where your whole day has to be minutely planned out in advance with no freedom or spontaneity. I don't know why the time honored method of standing in line for something is a formula that has to be messed with.

ToTBellHop

One of the worst parts of these VQ systems is that they limit how many times you can ride per day. Taking away guest choice and agency for no good reason. Moving more towards the WDW model where your whole day has to be minutely planned out in advance with no freedom or spontaneity. I don't know why the time honored method of standing in line for something is a formula that has to be messed with.
Because pandemic.

waltography

was hoping to get to ride WS at least twice on my trip. Was planning to go bare on the first ride and then get an upgrade power pack for the second. If I don't get a second ride I won't spend the money on the accessory, even for souvenir purposes. Now I feel I'll be lucky to get a first ride.
I'm getting nervous about it; I really don't know what to expect with the BG system for Web Slingers, especially since I'll be vying for one on the second day of operation. Will be waiting with bated breath on how it goes Day 1.

Californian Elitist

I was a huge Disneyland fan for decades, and now I find most new attractions and official announcements just give me more reasons to stay away and save my money. It’s kinda nice, actually. 😃
Agreed, and I used to be addicted. I let my pass lapse a few years ago and I don’t miss it. I still occasionally will hit up the parks (maybe once or twice a year), but now I travel elsewhere. I’m trying to see more of California. Hoping to make a trip to Carmel-by-the-Sea happen this year.

Giss Neric

Since CMs previews starts today, please share any reactions/reviews of the ride. I'm sure we'll still have to wait a week for the ride POV to appear. I'm keeping my expectations low but I'm really interested how the ride looks even though we know it's a shooting game. The interactiveness and repeatability is a factor for me.

Stevek

Agreed, and I used to be addicted. I let my pass lapse a few years ago and I don’t miss it. I still occasionally will hit up the parks (maybe once or twice a year), but now I travel elsewhere. I’m trying to see more of California. Hoping to make a trip to Carmel-by-the-Sea happen this year.
My wife was just talking about taking a trip to Carmel. We've driven through and stayed in Monterrey for a night on the way to San Francisco many years ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom