We need a new Mansion-Watch thread...

Lee

Adventurer
Lee,
So who is the official ghost host? I thought it was supposed to be a butler not Master Gracey.

As I know it, the "Ghost Host" is just himself. The Mansion has no "official" backstory (yet), and the voice in the buggies is just a ghostly voice.

The "Master Gracey" tombstone has nothing to actually do with the ride inside.

DisneyDellsDude

So we know the jist of what's happening with SSE because Disney has announced it. Why don't we at least half way know what's all going on the Mansion? All we get is that sign out front, but I guess Lee stated that the wording of it was not even approved by WDI, so we can't take anything seriously from the sign.

Lee or anyone else "in the know", could we get a list of what you've heard is going to be happening for sure all in one post, because I've read so many rumors going from all new Day/Night effects to just getting what Disneyland already has, to having it become similar to Phantom Manor...

Mansion Butler

Lee,

So who is the official ghost host? I thought it was supposed to be a butler not Master Gracey.

There is no official ghosts host. He's just the host, nothing else.

It has become Master Gracey because of the tombstone, and it makes it convenient and really does work out. Even we play up the Master Gracey thing. But, officially, the ghost host is noone.

Buried20KLeague

As I know it, the "Ghost Host" is just himself. The Mansion has no "official" backstory (yet), and the voice in the buggies is just a ghostly voice.

The "Master Gracey" tombstone has nothing to actually do with the ride inside.

Lee, I'm sure you know this... But I'll share for those that don't...

The Jason Surrell book "The Haunted Mansion: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies" is a great read (except for the last 10 pages or so that talk about the movie :lol: ) and touches on this Master Gracey thing many times.

The position the book takes (a book that is basically written by Disney, mind you) is that the Ghost Host isn't Master Gracey. BUT... It states many times that it's "widely accepted by fans & cast members" to be him. In fact, more than once it almost seems to purposely tease that point.

But if you take some time to look into that book, you'll find out quickly WHY there isn't really a true storyline for the attraction, and you'll understand why there are conflicting ideas as to the Host's identity, etc.

Interesting to hear Lee state that there were some unhappy campers with the wording posted on the refurb wall though. Lee - If that's the case, why wouldn't they just take it down and rework it? Unless those that are bothered by it aren't in a position to do so, I suppose...

Lee

Adventurer
Lee - If that's the case, why wouldn't they just take it down and rework it? Unless those that are bothered by it aren't in a position to do so, I suppose...

Because it doesn't really matter. Kinda like the hidden Mickey in the plates. It's more of like a "*sigh* What can ya do?:shrug:" type thing.
But...you gotta give them points for at least trying to do something nice with that wall.:D

Buried20KLeague

Because it doesn't really matter. Kinda like the hidden Mickey in the plates. It's more of like a "*sigh* What can ya do?:shrug:" type thing.
But...you gotta give them points for at least trying to do something nice with that wall.:D

They COULD have taken the opportunity to really squash the whole thing with that sign though. A message signed BY the Ghost Host stating they were making some changes while Master Gracey was away, or something. Basically separating the two characters. But like you said... They probably aren't nearly as concerned with it as we are. :lol:

This seems to be the one attraction that's pretty ambiguous when it comes to storyline, and instead of that hurting the attraction like it would in most cases, it seems like it only helps it... Giving it a cult status with different groups applying their own story... Most of which make sense. It was unintentional when designed, but kinda a cool side effect.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So any ideas what will be happening to the "ring"? Will they finally dig up the old gate latch and repave it or possibly put in an actual ring or just leave it as is and let the controversy continue?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
So any ideas what will be happening to the "ring"? Will they finally dig up the old gate latch and repave it or possibly put in an actual ring or just leave it as is and let the controversy continue?

Or maybe drop a POTC coin in the wet cement....wouldnt that start some nifty rumors?

Tom Morrow

The Ghost Host is not Master Gracey? Wow, I never knew that.

I always assumed that it was him because most versions of the story say that he committed suicide, and you see that the ghost host hung himself in the stretching room.

Buried20KLeague

The Ghost Host is not Master Gracey? Wow, I never knew that.

I always assumed that it was him because most versions of the story say that he committed suicide, and you see that the ghost host hung himself in the stretching room.

Yeah, that scene was actually even covered in the book. While it might be IMPLIED... It's not Gracey officially.

The movie didn't help clear any of this Gracey stuff up, either. Only added to it.

lunarsquid

The very first time I ever rode HM was when I was very young, many years ago, and I thought the narrator was Orson Wells... Then I rode it again as an adult and realized it wasn't... and I've wondered ever since where I got that idea, and how I even knew who Orson Wells was when I was 8 years old.. :lookaroun

Mansion Butler

The very first time I ever rode HM was when I was very young, many years ago, and I thought the narrator was Orson Wells... Then I rode it again as an adult and realized it wasn't... and I've wondered ever since where I got that idea, and how I even knew who Orson Wells was when I was 8 years old.. :lookaroun

It was originally supposed to be Orson Wells.

KevinPage

Still waiting for Lee to summarize all the changes as requested by a previous poster. My head is spinning as well on this one as to what exactly s being added/changed.

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

MonoManBlue

I talked to a former HM worker two days ago, and he told me (I have not read any of these so I don't know if its been mentioned) but he said that in the stretching room they were going to make it sound like Master Gracey is walking around the room. They are also goign to make it to where cold air blows through the room making it feel like ghosts are there.

He said that they are planning to make staircases in the building that are similar to the whole harry potter theme in that they move and you never know where they are going to go.

He said the Leota ball will now float like the one in Disneyland. But instead of a camera being hidden like the one in DL, the camera here will be placed INSIDE the crystal ball to produce an even better effect.

I cant confirm whether any of these are true or not, but he's a former worker and said he had been in the mansion recently.

disney9752

i can bet one of the outside changes is the old turnstyles will go away. one of the relics of the a-e ticket system, might keep some of the larger guests from having a hard time squeezing thru, & perhaps allow wheelchair access thru the front door not the exit. but then there is the pesky problem of how to get the wheelchair to unload. unless a "doombuggy" is finally made this is wheelchair ready. hmmmmmmmmm:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom