We need a new Mansion-Watch thread...

MiduraMagic4

I would also like to see a HM themed resort. I mean it would really freak me out anyway. I dont know how happy little kids would be if the Cms pretended like they were in HM all day but it may work for teenagers and would work really well around Halloween time.

Dizknee_Phreek

I agree that the HM could definitely use a very eerie gift shop, HOWEVER if the Mansion was granted a proposed budget of "X" amount of dollars, I am glad that the money was allocated towards making it to be a significantly enhanced ride, and that not even the smallest amount of that budget was used on a gift shop...IMHO HM and JC are the last of a dying breed not to be tarnished by a "Buy your Photo"/ Giftshop.

I completely agree with you.
At one point, they had the gift shop between HM and the entrance to Fantasyland turned into a HM/PotC type gift shop (I think to promote both movies or something...it was a while back). They had put eerie dead tree branches and stuff in there. Very cool. I think they could turn that gift shop into a HM gift shop (maybe distress the outside more, make it look creepy). It would be away from the exit enough to keep that area from getting too congested (which is the downfall of having a gift shop immediately after the exit). I like the kitchen-y type stuff they have in there...but they could find some where else to put that stuff...maybe some place in Main St. or maybe Frontierland. But putting the HM merchandise in that store would def. give them more space to sell more stuff.

AEfx

Original Poster
I agree that the HM could definitely use a very eerie gift shop, HOWEVER if the Mansion was granted a proposed budget of "X" amount of dollars, I am glad that the money was allocated towards making it to be a significantly enhanced ride, and that not even the smallest amount of that budget was used on a gift shop...IMHO HM and JC are the last of a dying breed not to be tarnished by a "Buy your Photo"/ Giftshop.

What a great point. I totally agree. While conceptually I'd love a shop there to bridge the transition back out to the hot Florida sun, I'm glad every cent is going into the actual ride.

AEfx

Chux

I would also like to see a HM themed resort. I mean it would really freak me out anyway. I dont know how happy little kids would be if the Cms pretended like they were in HM all day but it may work for teenagers and would work really well around Halloween time.

I'd stay there. At least once.

LSonDubz

that would be amazing, but would never happen

Space Mountain

UPDATE

There is construction work being done on the actual mansion. A tarp is noticeable and is covering most of the front.

n30826210_33698029_1476.jpg

Disney MDACK

I can't wait to ride HM when I'm there this Oct. I hope it is better than the redo on POC. Don't get me wrong POC redo was good but not great like DL's version.

LongtimeReader

^^I never understood all the talk about DL's Pirates redo being so much better. Having just ridden DL's, I honestly can't see the difference really. In fact, at DL the final Capt. Jack is jammed so close to the boat that he's kinda strangely placed and you have to kind of crane your neck...and he's so close he looks less realistic. But either way, besides the already longer DL version, the redos seem pretty much the same. People go on about the sound quality, but they both seemed the same to me, as I recall several years before the Pirates redo WDW had already upgraded the sound system anyway?

But back to topic, I'm most interested to see how effective the stair scene is, and even more curious as to what the gargoyles are going to be doing!

Dragonrider1227

I do hope they do it justice, I mean ok Johnny Depp in POTC is one thing b/c you know he's eye candy maybe not in the AA version but none the less but Eddie Murphy in HM would be a complete and total disaster and like Josh said there would be lots of crying involded....:cry:
Considering Johnny Depp's character is practically the new corporate symbol of Disney and Eddie Murphy's character TANKED!! It's a good bet he won't be used XD

Tom Morrow

It's so sad, too. The ONE ride I really think could use one. It would be a nice buffer before you return to the outside world, much like the shop at ToT is.

AEfx
I disagree, simply because it wouldn't make sense for a mansion to have its own gift shop. However, that store right outside the gates - I wish it sold more merchandise specific to HM. Jack Skellington merchandise doesn't count, and thats all they have.

AEfx

Original Poster
I disagree, simply because it wouldn't make sense for a mansion to have its own gift shop. However, that store right outside the gates - I wish it sold more merchandise specific to HM. Jack Skellington merchandise doesn't count, and thats all they have.

I don't know many briar patches that have gift shops attached at the end, but Splash Mountain has one. ;)

LOL, in all seriousness, as I said above, I want a mansion shop because the theming could be spectacular, but agree that it's not really needed and it's so much nicer they are spending the money on the ride itself.

AEfx

PoTCGuy

It's so sad, too. The ONE ride I really think could use one. It would be a nice buffer before you return to the outside world, much like the shop at ToT is.

AEfx

Oh, I don't know. I think the current exit by the mausoleum and pet graveyard areas, then a short walk through the gates provides that buffer. Lots of cool theming to look at. I think being dumped into a gift shop would take away from the attraction.

I do agree, however, that it would be nice to have a gift shop nearby that has HM stuff.

TroyMcClure

It's so aggrivating! HM is re-opening just a week after my next trip (and I only get to take one a year). The new additions all sound amazing.

RiversideBunny

I do agree, however, that it would be nice to have a gift shop nearby that has HM stuff.

Why don't they use that one on the corner near the Columbia Harbor House?
It really doesn't have much interesting stuff in it currently anyway.

I would like some Haunted Mansion souvenirs.

:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom