We need a new Mansion-Watch thread...

KevinPage

Yes to Constance (2.0?).

The pop-ups seem to be getting new jobs.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Answer my question already

Are we getting a PoTC style rehab here? IE - add stuff of high quality & neglect anything else that was broken/outdated

The audio quality needs an overhaul & general sprucing up of every scene would be nice.

Thank you :D

Lee

Adventurer
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Answer my question already

Are we getting a PoTC style rehab here? IE - add stuff of high quality & neglect anything else that was broken/outdated
As I hear it...no.
New stuff added...broken stuff fixed...outdated stuff updated.
I'm told they aren't going the el cheapo on Mansion.

jt04

So the Mansion has been down for several weeks now. In other threads I've seen bits and pieces from people talking about what is going on inside right now, and I'm deadly curious if there are any recent updates. Since the only HM thread on the top few pages doesn't have anything really to do with the HM in Orlando, I thought it might be nice even if we don't know anything concrete yet to talk about what we hope is going on. :)

Personally, I'm happy if they just replace Leota's room and that silly spider. Anything else for me will be total icing. Those are the only two scenes I thought felt truly dated and that they could do better. That said, I'm honestly happy for whatever changes may happen, as long as the original spirit stays in tact.

So...who else is obsessing like I am over just what is going on behind that big imposing gate?

AEfx

Me. The idea that they could possibly making a more intense ride for evening hours is so brilliant I do not see how they would not at least consider it. With modern technology I would think it could be done without too much expense. I just hope the rumor is true!

Mansion Butler

The "Sinister Eleven" hallway is being replaced with the walkthrough portion of the Disneyland ride (except in ours you will be riding through it) with the ligtning in the windows and morphing portraits.

Supposedly, the Sinisiter Eleven portraits will now be in the loading area for the attraction.

You'll forgive me. I work there and I have no idea what the sinister eleven is.

Mansion Butler

Oh, don't necessarily expect the spiders to disappear from the grand hallway, even if there's an update. There's a spot to the left just before the spiders that was left open for a show scene that never happened. They could very possibly put something in without losing the spiders.

KevinPage

So our Sinister Eleven, which we refer to as The Portrait Gallery, is being replaced with DL's Portrait Gallery, which are the morphing portraits.

Then our original Portrait Gallery will now be in the loading area & DL's portraits will be in our ride through portion. DL's portraits are still in their loading area though :confused: :confused: :confused:

Too much brain work on the weekend. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mansion Butler

So our Sinister Eleven, which we refer to as The Portrait Gallery, is being replaced with DL's Portrait Gallery, which are the morphing portraits.

Then our original Portrait Gallery will now be in the loading area & DL's portraits will be in our ride through portion. DL's portraits are still in their loading area though :confused: :confused: :confused:

Too much brain work on the weekend. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I haven't heard anything about the entry hall. Doesn't mean nothing's happening, it's just that all I've heard is that the portrait gallery is going to become like Disneyland's.

Most of the portraits are the same, anyway. Ours just don't morph.

KevinPage

I haven't heard anything about the entry hall. Doesn't mean nothing's happening, it's just that all I've heard is that the portrait gallery is going to become like Disneyland's.

Most of the portraits are the same, anyway. Ours just don't morph.

From what is known, is WDW version going to be on par/better/worse than DL's :confused:

Personally, I wish Leota would stay. She's one of my favourite scenes in the ride. As long as I see Leota and the dancing ghosts in the ballroom, I'm happy. :)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Oh, Leota will be there.
Just....improved.:D

Hopefully without the musical instruments. Growing up, I hated that aspect of the room. I loved the Leota effect, but didnt like the instruments for some reason. With the advances in technology, they could do some holographic projections of instruments into a fog curtain, similar to Davy Jones in POTC. That would be cool.

tirian

From what is known, is WDW version going to be on par/better/worse than DL's :confused:

Better. In fact, if WDW would have kept in mansion in good shape for the last ten years, it would have always been better than DL's. (I've lived in New Orleans before, so the NOS setting does nothing for me in California.)

Castle Cake Apologist

Well, as far as the Sinister Eleven goes... at least we know they're still on property and being worked on in the scenic shop... so obviously they WILL still be in the attraction in some way...

scenicshop1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom