We need a new Mansion-Watch thread...

Hummer1676

Significant changes to the hallway. Not sure if Escher is how I would describe it, based on what I've heard. Spiders not there anymore.
Seance circle...not as clear. The new Leota for sure. Other stuff...reply hazy. Ask again later.

What hallway stuff? Are you talking about the neverending hallway? Or the hallway that you walk to your doombuggie? I have to say that the floating Leota head at Disneyland was an awesome addition. Really cool and different. I am glad to see them bring it to WDW.

Enigma

Account Suspended
The "Sinister Eleven" hallway is being replaced with the walkthrough portion of the Disneyland ride (except in ours you will be riding through it) with the ligtning in the windows and morphing portraits.

Supposedly, the Sinisiter Eleven portraits will now be in the loading area for the attraction.

Epcot82Guy

I like those ideas. I thought the Sinister 11 would be better in the loadway, but I actually like it this otehrway better. Gives you more of a chance to watch the eyes follow you. I also am excited for anything done to the Spider Stairway. Sounds like this will be a winner.

Tom Morrow

I have a question - was the spider stairway always there? I don't remember it from my first few visits to WDW.

I'm glad that its gone, too.

POOHKILLEDTOAD

So the Mansion has been down for several weeks now. In other threads I've seen bits and pieces from people talking about what is going on inside right now, and I'm deadly curious if there are any recent updates. Since the only HM thread on the top few pages doesn't have anything really to do with the HM in Orlando, I thought it might be nice even if we don't know anything concrete yet to talk about what we hope is going on. :)

Personally, I'm happy if they just replace Leota's room and that silly spider. Anything else for me will be total icing. Those are the only two scenes I thought felt truly dated and that they could do better. That said, I'm honestly happy for whatever changes may happen, as long as the original spirit stays in tact.

So...who else is obsessing like I am over just what is going on behind that big imposing gate?

AEfx

You meaN the big orange spiders don't scare you?:p

cdunbar

I do hope they do it justice, I mean ok Johnny Depp in POTC is one thing b/c you know he's eye candy maybe not in the AA version but none the less but Eddie Murphy in HM would be a complete and total disaster and like Josh said there would be lots of crying involded....:cry:

KevinPage

Are we getting a PoTC style rehab here? IE - add stuff of high quality & neglect anything else that was broken/outdated

The audio quality needs an overhaul & general sprucing up of every scene would be nice. Not to mention doing something about the unscary and ill timed ghost heads popping up.

AEfx

Original Poster
I do hope they do it justice, I mean ok Johnny Depp in POTC is one thing b/c you know he's eye candy maybe not in the AA version but none the less but Eddie Murphy in HM would be a complete and total disaster and like Josh said there would be lots of crying involded....:cry:

LOL I don't think you have to worry...Eddie Murphy will not be coming to the Mansion. ;)

AEfx

yeti

Significant changes to the hallway. Not sure if Escher is how I would describe it, based on what I've heard. Spiders not there anymore.
Seance circle...not as clear. The new Leota for sure. Other stuff...reply hazy. Ask again later.

Are they going to put Constance the creepy bride into this one?? I also heard somewhere that they are improving the pop-up heads so that they jump out towards you or something.

Disney_Freak429

Bingo

So, are they updating the ring? Maybe add a nice cubic zerconia? (or however its spelled....)
I think I talked about this in the other topic. My ultimate dream would be for Disney to embrace The Ring legend & make "the ring" into an actual ring. After that my other dream is a recent pic of "The Ladder" where the heck did it go to did it get sent off to Disneyland or what?! Someone I need an update where is "The Ladder"

Lee

Adventurer
Are they going to put Constance the creepy bride into this one?? I also heard somewhere that they are improving the pop-up heads so that they jump out towards you or something.

Yes to Constance (2.0?).

The pop-ups seem to be getting new jobs.

Tom Morrow

I don't know why so many of you hate the way the bride looked... I thought it was one of the creepiest things in the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom