"We Lost the Ribbon" - what words have you misunderstood?

mrtoad

Original Poster
Just wanted to share a funny story that might spark a conversation. Have you ever misunderstood something that you hear and not know until much later that you were always wrong?

Yesterday my 5 year old daughter was playing with the Walt Disney World Exlorer CD-Rom on the PC and showing it to my wife. My daughter uses it all the time and knows her way around and was asking my wife do you want to go here, and then in here, etc.

Well she goes into the POTC area and clicks at the behind the scenes stuff and shouts out loudly "WE LOST THE RIBBON". My wife was like, what did you say. And again my daughter with fist in the air yells, "WE LOST THE RIBBON". Aparently my daughter does not hear, "WE WANTS THE RED HEAD", she hears, "WE LOST THE RIBBON". So that is all we have been saying for 2 days now.

Do any of you have anything that you for years thought was something but found out later you were all wrong?

I have one that is not Disney that my sister still kids me about to this day. When I was a kid I use to sing along to the Steve Miller Band song "Jungle Love" but I did not say Jungle Love, I sang Chug A Lug....

So what about you? :)

Erika

:lol: That's great :lol:

I along with probably thousands of other kids swore it was "there's a bathroom on the right" instead of "bad moon on the rise" (CCR). One of my cousins-in-law sung "I believe in munkles" instead of "miracles" (You Sexy Thing by Hot chocolate). I'm still trying to figure out what a munkle is.
z0tdntknw.gif

Clifford'smon said:
My niece used to call Kentucky Fried Chicken "_ucky Fried Chicken".

Other interesting phrases from her niece....

MalMart (WalMart)
The Lizzard of Boz (Wizzard of Oz)
Bootie and the Goldfish (Hootie and the Blowfish)

PixyDust

Toto's Africa -

I test the rains down in Africa. There is nothing that a hundred men on Mars could ever do.

Sing along now...

Fantasmic!329

Erika said:
...One of my cousins-in-law sung "I believe in munkles" instead of "miracles" (You Sexy Thing by Hot chocolate). I'm still trying to figure out what a munkle is.
z0tdntknw.gif
I was never able to figure that out either, wasn't sure if it was "milkduds" or what. :lol:

mrtoad

Original Poster
Clifford'smon said:
My niece used to call Kentucky Fried Chicken "_ucky Fried Chicken".

My sister called it Frucky Fried Chicken when she was little. I always thought it was funny but not nearly as funny as your niece... :lol:

Pongo

PixyDust said:
Toto's Africa -

I test the rains down in Africa. There is nothing that a hundred men on Mars could ever do.

Sing along now...

HAHAHAHA. I love that song.

I used to call Denny's "Doshey's" as a little kid.

That's all I can think of right now.

tigger248

There have been tons of song lines and such that I've mispronounced/misunderstood. But, the only one that comes to mind at the moment is a line from Jimmy Buffett's love song from a different point of view.

I thought he was saying "Why don't we get drunk at school" the first time I heard it, instead of "Why don't we get drunk and screw". I still get teased about that sometimes.

And I used to call my cabbage patch doll my babbage catch doll.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom