We Are Surrounded By Idiots Report 12/11 - 12/17

Well Christmas in Disney is pretty amazing. The magic is definitely all around you. The lights, snow, smells, trees...everything atmosphere wise was simply amazing. However I had my first issues with some CM's, and honestly guests were at an all time high in stupidity, rudeness, and just plain lazy.

The cast

Myself

Colleen

Day 1.

We flew Air Tran for the first time. It was not all that bad. Its no Southwest by any means but it got us there alive so I am VERY thankful for that.

When we arrived at MCO we went straight to ME. They put us right on a bus and we took the 2 first seats so we could get off first! We probably waited a good 25-30 minutes before we left. It started raining as be boarded the bus, and it rained until we got to our resort and it stopped. I get off the bus and what do I see inside the lobby? 50 kids ALL dressed in their football jerseys! I thought, oh no this is going to be a nightmare. Thankfully that was the last night of whatever the hell they were there for. We checked in, put our stuff in our room, and headed to Epcot for EMH. We get on the bus and Italian music starts playing! Then we stop at All Star Music and these two Japanese girls get on the bus and they start playing Japanese music! It was kind of funny and probably something only I would notice. Its probably around 9:40pm at this time but Epcot is open till 12:30am so we figured we would go walk around, eat some Seasons Grill and be happy we are in Disney.

It was probably about 50 degrees with tons of wind, and I loved it! I was so thrilled that I could go to Epcot and not be hot and miserable the whole time. We went to Sunshine Seasons Grill, ate and then walked around World Showcase. We only rode Maelstrom. Everything was beautiful. The lights, trees...really awesome. We decided to call it a night being that we both been up since around 6am, and we both worked. We got back to Sports around 11:45 and went to bed.

Day 2 will be posted later...Im really busy today!

WDWFigment

Nice trip report (although I think it could more aptly be called a chicken feather report, since that seems to be the bulk of the discussion ;)). I didn't see it when you originally posted because I was busy with finals; figured I should check for one now. Your take on things is hilarious and your pictures good, so it'd be nice to see you elaborate on things in the future. I know you did more interesting stuff during the trip than what's written here.

Sarah and I can't wait until we have hellions of our own. We'll find out when you're taking your trips, and schedules ours at the same time. When we see you in the parks, I'll send one of them up to kick your shins. After that, I'll buy them ice cream and whatever gifts they want. Joking aside, I know what you mean about parenting these days, and society in general. It's too bad, but at least those people generally 'get theirs' in the end...

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Actually yes...They wanted to see the sales slip. I sent them the slip and the picture.

Tom...Thanks...but if I know they are your kids then I will definitely beat someones dad up that day...Then buy YOU ice cream. Sucka!

Actually this trip wasn't jam packed with pictures, and a report trip. I honestly didn't feel like it. I just wanted to enjoy it while we were there. We spent a LOT of time just sitting around and admiring things. Its something we never really did before. It was nice. It was great being at Epcot and just sitting around in World Showcase just...well looking at things. Thats the best I can put it.

On a normal day in Disney I would probably take around 100 pictures a day at LEAST...This trip the most I took was like 50 and some days only did around 10. I LOVE taking pictures as much as anyone...but it was refreshing to just worry about my day, moment, or whatever you wanna call it and not worry about getting the perfect picture from it.

sweetpee_1993

I think you're onto something. Seriously. How drastically different would a trip be if I didn't even bring a camera? What if we just went with a few photopass shots and that's it? Hhmmmm...food for thought.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Yeah they said they were "investigating" the issue and could I provide the sales slip. They didnt ask for the pic...I was just nice enough to send IT too...

Sweetpea...yeah i was really awesome not taking, then reviewing what you took and all that jazz...Really stress free.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Yeah they said they were "investigating" the issue and could I provide the sales slip. They didnt ask for the pic...I was just nice enough to send IT too...

Sweetpea...yeah i was really awesome not taking, then reviewing what you took and all that jazz...Really stress free.

I'm glad to hear they at least acknowledged to you that they were conducting an investigation. Very generous of them....:rolleyes:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Yeah I have a personal rep assigned to my case...I have her phone number as well! Hopefully they say something like oh you can have a free day in the park and then Ill say well I explained to you I am an AP holder!

fyn

The sales slip will tell them who was working that day and time. Unfortunately, it probably means they're going to reprimand an individual, and not audit the entire kitchen operations. Though, that's just speculation on my part.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Yeah I have a personal rep assigned to my case...I have her phone number as well! Hopefully they say something like oh you can have a free day in the park and then Ill say well I explained to you I am an AP holder!

Oh to be able to listen in on that conversation.....:)

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The sales slip will tell them who was working that day and time. Unfortunately, it probably means they're going to reprimand an individual, and not audit the entire kitchen operations. Though, that's just speculation on my part.

Well when I talk to the rep Im going to stress that just the guy who brought out our food is the only person who I had an issue with that I could actually see. The dude was just a jerk.

As far as the kitchen staff goes Im just going to say that the chicken tasted like it was from the night before so both crews could be held accountable.

Our waiter was fine he was just NOT in character AT ALL.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well I got a phone call just now from Disney World. They are going to send me a $50 gift card to cover the meal ($47). Im fine with that. It's more than I expected. I normally do not complain but this was a little bit much for us.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Well I got a phone call just now from Disney World. They are going to send me a $50 gift card to cover the meal ($47). Im fine with that. It's more than I expected. I normally do not complain but this was a little bit much for us.

Well, that's something, I suppose. A little something, granted, but better than the alternative....:lookaroun

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Yeah...Not many people have stories about eating food with feathers on it...Unless it was intentional...:lookaroun

WDWFigment

Actually yes...They wanted to see the sales slip. I sent them the slip and the picture.

Tom...Thanks...but if I know they are your kids then I will definitely beat someones dad up that day...Then buy YOU ice cream. Sucka!

Actually this trip wasn't jam packed with pictures, and a report trip. I honestly didn't feel like it. I just wanted to enjoy it while we were there. We spent a LOT of time just sitting around and admiring things. Its something we never really did before. It was nice. It was great being at Epcot and just sitting around in World Showcase just...well looking at things. Thats the best I can put it.

On a normal day in Disney I would probably take around 100 pictures a day at LEAST...This trip the most I took was like 50 and some days only did around 10. I LOVE taking pictures as much as anyone...but it was refreshing to just worry about my day, moment, or whatever you wanna call it and not worry about getting the perfect picture from it.

Hey, I totally know what you mean. We had one morning on our August trip where I discovered how nice it was to just sit around over by Energy, watch the Jaminators, and listen to the area (background) music after that. It's not something I'd normally do as there is always that feeling of urgency ("we aren't going to be back for X months, we need to make the most of it!!!"), but it was a great time. I am hoping when we're older and are able to take more frequent trips, we will be able to enjoy things more. I dunno. We have those type A "go, go, go" personalities that make it hard to just chill out. Still, I recognize that it's fun...especially at WDW (although there, what isn't fun?!).

I think you're onto something. Seriously. How drastically different would a trip be if I didn't even bring a camera? What if we just went with a few photopass shots and that's it? Hhmmmm...food for thought.

Very different. At this point, I know I couldn't do it. For me, it's the best way of extending the trip beyond the trip itself. I am screwing with WDW pictures year-round, and I have at least 30 minutes of fun per day with it.

Definitely better than nothing, but not as good as it should have been (kudos for looking on the bright side, though). I mean, seriously. You found f__________g FEATHERS on your food. If you were a jackass about it, you could've easily contacted your local TV station (or Orlando's), given them the picture, and let them run with it. Not a "minor error" on Disney's fault by any stretch of the imagination. Like you said though, it is better than nothing. And you (well...we) got a funny story out it, to boot!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom