We are going to Disney World and

Tistal

and we are bringing three kids. Is that okay? I mean we will have to use a stroller for our 4 yr old and 16 month old. A double at that. I promise not to bump into to your legs or cut you off if you promise to use the same courtesy. I think we may have to bring it with us on the Disney bus, does anyone mind? I mean I want to be sure that I do all I can to make your vacation the best it can be and I would hate to have you worry the whole time about the size of my stroller or whether or not my 4 yr old is too big for it. I may be bringing one of those leash things for my littlest because its not about control or leashing my child its about making sure everyone in my family is happy. And if sweet little princess wants to walk and does not want to be carried by arms or our Ergo carrier I might put it on her. I would prefer not to lose her because she is a runner. I know I know we should be teaching our 16 months old ''limits'' and telling her that if she runs away she wont be able to ride Splash Mountain (as one person suggested in that other thread :brick:)And when you have three kids you are outnumbered 3:2, lol. And I may just may nurse her in the park :eek: but if you promise not to stare at my baby feeding I promise that my husband will not put you in an arm bar :lol:. But I will assure you of these things so you can go about your own business, enjoying your vacay w/ your own family- You wont see my 11 yr old in a stroller ( I had no idea that made one that big!) and he wont have his DS in line because we taught him that waiting in lines is usually worth it.
Oh and one other thing we will be using the DDP! man should we even go? We are going to be on "Most Hated List" of every "real" Disney fan :brick:

I have been a long time lurker on this board and there are so many mean and judgemental people. :( The last stroller thread is a prime example. Why cant we all just go on vacation and mind our own business and let everyone else live their lives?

If I could send you a lifetime supply of Mickey ice cream I would. :D

However, these boards aren't nearly as flammable though as the ones I left (won't name names)

Eyorefan

To the OP, as long as you make sure your children never speak or make eye contact with me I'll be fine. Really, its when people engage their children in conversation and I have to hear their high pitched voices that I start to have a problem. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness though, great post. Epic win! :sohappy:

WDWmazprty

Oh and please be sure NOT to get Fastpasses because they just make all the lines even longer and are just horrible for turning people away from coming to WDW. :drevil:

WDWmazprty

To the OP, as long as you make sure your children never speak or make eye contact with me I'll be fine. Really, its when people engage their children in conversation and I have to hear their high pitched voices that I start to have a problem. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness though, great post. Epic win! :sohappy:

:lol:

sublimesting

and we are bringing three kids. Is that okay? I mean we will have to use a stroller for our 4 yr old and 16 month old. A double at that. I promise not to bump into to your legs or cut you off if you promise to use the same courtesy. I think we may have to bring it with us on the Disney bus, does anyone mind? I mean I want to be sure that I do all I can to make your vacation the best it can be and I would hate to have you worry the whole time about the size of my stroller or whether or not my 4 yr old is too big for it. I may be bringing one of those leash things for my littlest because its not about control or leashing my child its about making sure everyone in my family is happy. And if sweet little princess wants to walk and does not want to be carried by arms or our Ergo carrier I might put it on her. I would prefer not to lose her because she is a runner. I know I know we should be teaching our 16 months old ''limits'' and telling her that if she runs away she wont be able to ride Splash Mountain (as one person suggested in that other thread :brick:)And when you have three kids you are outnumbered 3:2, lol. And I may just may nurse her in the park :eek: but if you promise not to stare at my baby feeding I promise that my husband will not put you in an arm bar :lol:. But I will assure you of these things so you can go about your own business, enjoying your vacay w/ your own family- You wont see my 11 yr old in a stroller ( I had no idea that made one that big!) and he wont have his DS in line because we taught him that waiting in lines is usually worth it.
Oh and one other thing we will be using the DDP! man should we even go? We are going to be on "Most Hated List" of every "real" Disney fan :brick:

I have been a long time lurker on this board and there are so many mean and judgemental people. :( The last stroller thread is a prime example. Why cant we all just go on vacation and mind our own business and let everyone else live their lives?

I noticed you didn't mention if you will be using a scooter or motorized wheel chair so I can't make an informed decision...

rsoxguy

I have never been hit by a stroller, nor do I have a problem with strollers, but I do wonder what it is that makes a momma crunchy. Just a random thought.

WDWmazprty

I have never been hit by a stroller, nor do I have a problem with strollers, but I do wonder what it is that makes a momma crunchy. Just a random thought.

picture.php

This is an age old question. Dont think too hard, its too dangerous! Even for someone like me!

Cindy'sBruno

I may be bringing one of those leash things for my littlest because its not about control or leashing my child its about making sure everyone in my family is happy. And if sweet little princess wants to walk and does not want to be carried by arms or our Ergo carrier I might put it on her. I would prefer not to lose her because she is a runner. I know I know we should be teaching our 16 months old ''limits'' and telling her that if she runs away she wont be able to ride Splash Mountain

Hey I have one of those for my dd and its a Mickey Mouse. One question...why has everyone made the children harnesses into something horrible? By dd is by no means a dog and I sure do not treat her like one. My whole purpose for purchasing one of these is for the simple fact...one...dd is only 2 and is not yet at the age where she knows running away from mommy is a big no no...and 2....I would rather have my dd on a "leash" than have some crazy wacho kidnap my child. One glance away from your child could mean you never see them again and if a leash gives me the peace of mind then so be it.;) To the OP....I think your post is the best post I have seen on these boards since I have been a member!!!!!! Congrats!:sohappy::D

imacrunchymama

Original Poster
Sublimesting- I guess I forgot to mention that. I will be using a scooter because I dont need one, duh! :ROFLOL:

wishes1971- they rent those right? I mean for those parents that dont want to deal with their kids while vacationing?

rsoxguy- crunchy as in granola. Us hippies love our granola :p :lookaroun

Cindy's Bruno- thank you :) I must admit that those leash things really weirded me out before I had kids. I always wondered what parents were thinking. Now that I have become a super over-protective paranoid parent myself I have seen the light! LOL Really though, I have one and have used it one time in 4 years but now that I have a runner and we are going to such a busy place I may just need to use it this time. I would rather have dirty looks than a lost child, kwim?

graphite1326

Oh ok you can use a stroller.

sublimesting

Sublimesting- I guess I forgot to mention that. I will be using a scooter because I dont need one, duh! :ROFLOL:
QUOTE]

As long as the scooter isn't necessary then I guess I'm OK with it. As for leashes we got a mickey one for our daughter to use when she goes next year when she's 2. As another poster said, they're gone in seconds. It's not that I'd be neglecting her but i don't want me to have ADD kick in and I don't look at her for 20 seconds and she's disappeared. I'm all for leashes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom