WDWMAGIC Takes the Cake - The Official Cake Talk

DizneyPryncess

Cute cake from BW Bakery! Also glad to hear that the thread has been helpful. Curious what their reasoning was to talk you out of the mini-wedding cake. Granted, they don't seem to do as many as the GF and CR bakeries, but just wondering their mindset in all of it. $15 is also a decent price for those kinds of screenprints...at least compared to what they go for on ebay.

You'll also have to keep us posted on your daughter's cake. Still haven't figured out which CR chef handled it, but I'm pretty positive it wasn't Chef Brian. It just would be nice if they offered some flexibility in these since it clearly works well with other female characters.

When I called, I told the CM that I was interested in a mini cake because I was pretty sure my parents wouldn't eat a lot of cake. I figured it would be best just for DH & I. He said that the mini cakes are only 4 or 5 bites, and pretty exclusively only made as wedding favors. I didn't exactly believe that, as I'd read in many places that they are larger than that. But I went ahead and did the 8 inch cake, and that worked out great since my parents ended up eating it too! I thought the price was decent too, especially since we were able to keep it in the fridge for the week.

DD's cake won't be until next year, but I'll definitely keep you updated! I was planning on doing the princess package at CRT for dinner, with the Princess cake & the balloon. I noticed Sofia & Rapunzel (DD's 2 favorites) are not offered. So I may go another route and try to get one of the Sofia one made somewhere else!

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
When I called, I told the CM that I was interested in a mini cake because I was pretty sure my parents wouldn't eat a lot of cake. I figured it would be best just for DH & I. He said that the mini cakes are only 4 or 5 bites, and pretty exclusively only made as wedding favors. I didn't exactly believe that, as I'd read in many places that they are larger than that. But I went ahead and did the 8 inch cake, and that worked out great since my parents ended up eating it too! I thought the price was decent too, especially since we were able to keep it in the fridge for the week.

DD's cake won't be until next year, but I'll definitely keep you updated! I was planning on doing the princess package at CRT for dinner, with the Princess cake & the balloon. I noticed Sofia & Rapunzel (DD's 2 favorites) are not offered. So I may go another route and try to get one of the Sofia one made somewhere else!

Interesting with their serving assessment of the mini wedding cake. I've always heard it can serve at least 2 people. Oh well, in this case it sounds like it was better that you went with a larger cake.

They still may be willing to do a Sophia cake...just not the style in the CRT pkg. We've also seen some nice Rapunzel cakes. I have an idea for her that I still haven't seen done. I'd like to see a round or square decorated to look like one of the lanterns (pastel pink, but airbrushed to sort of give it a glow)....but have the top covered in a dark blue fondant to look like water at night...then an edible image of Rapunzel and Flynn in the rowboat on top. I.e. they're on the water waiting for the floating lights, but they're actually floating on the light ;) . I'd also love to see the base decorated with the flowers in her braid. Sorry...I'm in a cake place right now :)

DizneyPryncess

Interesting with their serving assessment of the mini wedding cake. I've always heard it can serve at least 2 people. Oh well, in this case it sounds like it was better that you went with a larger cake.

They still may be willing to do a Sophia cake...just not the style in the CRT pkg. We've also seen some nice Rapunzel cakes. I have an idea for her that I still haven't seen done. I'd like to see a round or square decorated to look like one of the lanterns (pastel pink, but airbrushed to sort of give it a glow)....but have the top covered in a dark blue fondant to look like water at night...then an edible image of Rapunzel and Flynn in the rowboat on top. I.e. they're on the water waiting for the floating lights, but they're actually floating on the light ;) . I'd also love to see the base decorated with the flowers in her braid. Sorry...I'm in a cake place right now :)

I thought the CM was a little bit rushed who was helping me w/the cake. Very nice guy, but rushed. He didn't seem to know too much about the mini-cakes. Maybe they aren't done at BW Bakery as often. I have always heard they feed 2 as well. Maybe he was trying to get me to buy a bigger cake, haha. Good salesguy.

I love that Rapunzel idea! The lanterns are DD's favorite part of the movie, so that would be right up her alley. I am always in a cake place, haha. :)

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Have a couple of new cakes to post...

This mini wedding cake is gluten free and made by the Contemporary.... Pretty buttercream flowers...
AnniversaryCake.jpg

They also did a Cindy slipper buttercream cake...but this one clearly has gumpaste flowers...
CinderellaSlipperCake.jpg

CakeFlowers.jpg

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
As some of you may have saw I ordered Colleen a special birthday cake from The GF Bakery to have delivered here for this reservation. It was basically a wedding cake I saw in google images and had them transform it into a birthday cake! It had chocolate cake inside with white icing and Penn State Blue Mickey's all over it. The cake was AMAZING. The chocolate inside was more of a mousse texture and was just SO good. I normally don't like chocolate cake with white icing but this was really really good. PM me for the price. I don't want her to see or know what it cost! But it was $30

WDW_7669.jpg

WDW_7673.jpg

WDW_7679.jpg

WDW_7680.jpg

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
As some of you may have saw I ordered Colleen a special birthday cake from The GF Bakery to have delivered here for this reservation. It was basically a wedding cake I saw in google images and had them transform it into a birthday cake! It had chocolate cake inside with white icing and Penn State Blue Mickey's all over it. The cake was AMAZING. The chocolate inside was more of a mousse texture and was just SO good. I normally don't like chocolate cake with white icing but this was really really good. PM me for the price. I don't want her to see or know what it cost! But it was $30

WDW_7669.jpg

WDW_7673.jpg

WDW_7679.jpg

WDW_7680.jpg

Thank you so much for posting these! Definitely great picture quality :) Also good for illustrating that the mini wedding cake can feed 2 or 3 + shows the phenomenal cake to filling ratio in these (at least when done by the GF or Contemporary). Thanks again!

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
So, thanks very much to this thread, I ordered a cake for my brother's 30th birthday when we were there a few weeks ago. 3 of us split a 2-tiered mini cake (@ the Contemporary).

DSC05796 by Bowler Hat Girl, on Flickr

DSC05797 by Bowler Hat Girl, on Flickr

It was awesome, so a big THANK YOU for starting this thread!!!

So glad the info was helpful! Very cute cake! Educational too...interesting b/c it looks like the Contemporary is now using the filling method only previously used by BW and YC. ....and, now I want cake. :D Thanks for posting!:)

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
So, I came across a Mickey strawberry presentation I'd never seen before. I bring it up, because I think it would make a nice little treat for dad on Father's Day ... if you just happen to be celebrating at the World....

4210468793_4fd1e455ca_z.jpg

Actually, I guess that's strawberries and truffles.

I'm used to it looking like this...

Chocolate-Mickey-Tuxedo-Strawberries.jpg

260.jpg

I also found a site with a handful of Disney bakery made cakes I'd never seen before.

I am quite fond of the Queen of Hearts...don't know why...I mean, she's no Cheshire Cat, but she's got a certain something.
Let-them-eat-cake-part-3-The-Delicious-Details.jpg

I think the most significant thing here is that it shows they'll do edible tiaras.
Let-them-eat-cake-part-1-pink-frame.jpg

A slipper cake....
Let-them-eat-cake-part-2-wpb.jpg

I've seen the castle backdrop with multiple princesses, but it's the first time I've seen it with just Belle. Definitely a nice alternative to the 3D stand up Bell topper and that castle is surely cheaper than the "small" castle.
Heather-cake-delivery_001.jpg

Pretty floral cake...and the first time I've seen the greeting done in a metallic.
Anniversary-Cake.jpg

Another slipper...
Happy-Bday-cake.jpg

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I was wondering if anyone had some more recent pics of a cake for an adult male for a birthday like maybe a grumpy cake. My DH always usually celebrates his bday in Dec when we go and I want to surprise him with a cake this time. We will be dinning at CRT for the evening of his bday possibly so any help or ideas would be greatly appretiated!!! I have seen some older cakes with Grumpy but nothing the last year or so. :)

sweetpee_1993

Thank you so much for posting these! Definitely great picture quality :) Also good for illustrating that the mini wedding cake can feed 2 or 3 + shows the phenomenal cake to filling ratio in these (at least when done by the GF or Contemporary). Thanks again!

What?! That cake couldn't feed 2 if I'm around. In fact, I think I would require 2 for just me. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom