WDWMagic Meet and Greet Poll

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Originally posted by djmatthews
Well... I'm not the best person to comment on this one, but I have been in May and September to WDW, and loved May, the weather was good, but not too hot, the crowds were fairly minimal. It was between Easter and Summer holidays. I dont think the pricing is too bad at this time of year is it Pam? The Epcot flower festival was on too.

I think another poll to find out whether we would have to meet during school holidays would be important, and see how many of our members are at school/college/uni etc.

The prices actually fall into the regular rates from Jan1-Feb. 12th and Peak rates from Feb 13 until April 26th. Then back to the regular rates until august 23rd. The crowds are in the "regular crowd" mode during the Summer. A lot of people do decide to go during Summer and Easter because their kids are out of school then. Personally I have'nt ever followed that path. I always took my girls out of school for a few days in order to beat the crowds.

I think with the beginning of Dec. being at the Value rate and the crowd level being low, this would be the best bet. I will be there for the Flower Show in May from the 1st until the 5th and then I will be back on June12th until the 16th.

Pam

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
I am going to end the voting on March 1st. I will post a new thread stating when the "Meet" will be held. I hope everyone gets the chance to vote. In 2004 we will have 2-3 "Meets in order to make it fair to everyone. I think this first year will help to iron out any problems.

If you have any questions, please PM or e-mail me.

Pam

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey Pam, As I said I am certainly going to make it down for December. I go every year around that time in any event and Id love to meet some of my fellow Magic types!!!! Not to cause too serious of a thread drift, but have you noticed that the airfares have dramatically increased in price?? Any tips for me for May? so far the lowest I have found flying out of Newark is 217!! Jet Blue out of Kennedy (which is a bit of a drive for me) was only 205 so it wasnt worth the trip for me. Got any ideas Pam? Thanks as always, Belle

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
HI Belle,

Actually they have dropped. When I bought my tickets a couple of months ago for May, I paid $258 per person. I say go for the $217.00. Don't forget if you go right to the Continental or whichever Airline you are using website, you can find a cheaper fare. If you get an E-Ticket instead of a paper ticket it will also save you money. They charge $25 per person if you want to recieve a paper ticket in the mail. If I can help in any way, you can pm or e-mail me if you like.

Pam

Upvote 0

Gucci65

I have been looking at this site for a while and would love
the opportunity to meet people who love Disney as much as I
do!! We will be there in December, we love to go when the
parks and decorated for Christmas.

Upvote 0

conntom

I Pick second week in Dec thats the week I have been going
for the last 17 years. I love this week it is cheaper to go this
week and I love Christmas it is the best time to go:xmas:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey Pam, Thanks!!! Yeah I know about going thru Continental's website. They are usually pretty decent about matching or beating a price. I am going to wait a tad longer as I have some other things cooking on the homefront. I am still going in May, I Am just not so sure who is going to be there with me!! This seems to be the way it always goes!! I hate people who just cant plan!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
HI Belle,

I don't blame you for waiting a little while. I am watching the prices for my June trip. They have come down considerably.

Pam

Upvote 0

Lilo

Belle has too many friends who have misbehaving children. She wants them all to be on Valium:lol: :lol: :lol: Of course, mine isn't one of them. At least not in front of her.:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom