WDWMagic Meet and Greet Poll

goofyfan13

I had to go with April becuase that is the time of year we most often go now. It is nice and warm, and the parks are busy, but I didn't think they were nearly as bad as the crowds for the christmas season. Late December may also work for me too because my sister might be in a soccer tournament down there at that time. So either one of those times would be great! :sohappy: A meet and greet would be really cool, great idea Pam!! :D :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Well, so far I will be going in May and June of this year. I will be there from the 1st until the 5th in May and I'm not sure of the dates yet for June. (somewhere around the 13th) I think that if we want to do an Official Meet, that December seens to be the most popular month to do it in. I would suggest the first week. We could set up a few meals or the MVMCP for everyone to "MEET"at. Something like the Hoop de Doo perhaps? Please tell me what everyone thinks.
I will start a separate thread on this.
Pam

Upvote 0

MobileBadBoy

Account Suspended
I'd like to be there but it doesn't look like I will be as I have another trip planned elsewhere for this year. Maybe the next one will be more a lengthier time to allow as many people as possible to save up money to go. It takes me at least a year to save up before I even plan on going.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Definately! I agree totally. Perhaps an early spring one? We will have to check the Poll to see which is the most popular Spring month and have another.

Pam

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
Why don't we all meet during the big meet&greet in December? I believe many other Disney-related groups will be in WDW. December 8, I believe. Bob Sehlinger and some of the Unofficial Guide staff will also be attending. We're planning some neat activities, too.

Upvote 0

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Well I'll be there in Nov for 14 nights for my honeymoon, so the chances of myself going any other time is slim.

I'd love to meet any/all of you. I know I met Rob last time, and we had a pretty good time.

In fact, I owe him a dinner next time I'm there, i believe.

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

If we do this where we make a date at least a year in advance then I guess it really doesn't matter to me. I'd love to meet all of you and say hi or something.:D Give me the date and I'll see what I can do.

BTW, I chose September because it's pretty empty around that time.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
I will be there for the first week of Dec. I think that we should plan on doing the meet at the MVMCP. This way we can all meet at the same time and place. If you go to the party on the weekend though, it does tend to be very crowded. What does everyone think?

Pam

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
You don't need to be staying at one of the resorts in order to go to the Party. The party is what disney calls a "hard ticket event".
This means that they close the park early and then re-open it for the party. You have a separate ticket for this event.

Pam

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I agree the weekend tickets are impossible. If we have to go that route, definitely go for a Sunday as opposed to Friday or Saturday. Also based on previous experience I would suggest we get them as close to the beginning of the trip as possible in case of inclement weather!!!! I got rained out last year and was able to get tix to another night that wasnt sold out!!! Anyone can purchase these tickets, E ride tickets are the ones that are resort specific. Belle

Upvote 0

Camelot

Hi...I voted for December (but not sure I could actually go this year)..

It's just that I have gone twice during the first week of December and it is so lovely at WDW with the Christmas decorations. And the weather was pleasant also.

Upvote 0

djmatthews

Well... I'm not the best person to comment on this one, but I have been in May and Spetember to WDW, and loved May, the weather was good, but not too hot, the crowds were fairly minimal. It was between Easter and Summer holidays. I dont think the pricing is too bad at this time of year is it Pam? The Epcot flower festival was on too.

I think another poll to find out whether we would have to meet during school holidays would be important, and see how many of our members are at school/college/uni etc.

Upvote 0

free9

I choose jan only because of the lack of a crowd....since i live a 3 hour drive away and we have annual passes we go everytime we have a chance too....one day trip, holidays...any time :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom