WDWMagic Imagineering's 20th Anniversary: The Platinum Celebration - Information Thread

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
Yes, I'm a day off. It may or may not be intentional. Hey, It Could Always Be Worse...
If anyone’s interested, you might consider taking a closer look at that image. 👀 There may be more to it than meets the eye…

(If you do discover something, please do be fair to the others and don’t reveal the secret publicly!)

tcool123

Original Poster
200.gif

Have you been checked out the One Sentence Competition lately? Now there's the perfect time to jump right back into the action and have some fun! The current prompt asks for all armchair imagineers to create their own iconic theme park snacks! If that isn't enough you can now get bonus points via the current bonus challenge that seeks to find out what your least favorite park snack is and why!

Tokyo Treats Prompt: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...-20th-anniversary-special.973395/post-9859610
Bonus Points: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...-20th-anniversary-special.973395/post-9861060

If One Sentence isn't your speed feel free to chime into the current brainstorming thread spurred by the classic Imagineering thread If I Could Improve Walt Disney World.... Feel free to chime in your ideas on how you would improve Walt Disney World in the Legacies thread!

Brainstorming:
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/legacies-20-years-of-armchair-imagineering.973327/post-9856414

tcool123

Original Poster

breaking news GIF by ATTN:

vbwuc0u-png.560256

The well received armchair Imagineering competition has now entered its 10th prompt, and is approaching its end within a few weeks. With that said the perfect opportunity to join in the fun of the competition has just appeared! In the Points Catchup offering any user of the forums can submit entries from the past 10 prompts as long as they have not participated in said prompts for this season. Users have until July 8th to particpate in this special catchup offering.
For more information please refer to this link:

30-1-png.558980

After over a month of picture based trivia Platinum Weekends: Where in the World comes to a close! Many users were able to host with plenty of exciting themes brought to players by @tcool123 , @FigmentPigments , @D Hulk and @JokersWild . While this this game is ending its run it isn't goodbye as it may return sometime later on in the year long celebration of the Imagineering forum's 20th anniversary! For users looking for more games and trivia such as Where in the World please keep a look out for announcements regarding Whose Park is it Anyways, Disney Jeopardy, Wheel of Disney, and many many more upcoming games!

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No

The ICABW Hype Thread is up! Sign-ups start July 10th, for those interested!​

ThemeParkPriest

I don’t usually link my blog posts to here, but you might consider my most recent post—“Roller Coasters and the Four Levels of Happiness.”

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
ATTENTION:
It Could Always Be Worse sign-ups end tonight! Make sure to sign up before 12:01 AM EST tomorrow if you’d like to participate!

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
The ICABW Competition Thread is now up!

spacemt354

Chili's
I was thinking of this in the car ride home, not sure why, but as I started typing it sounded cool and I wanted to share as it goes along with the 20th anniversary celebration. Since the inception of wdwmagic competitions there's been somewhat distinct phases of imagineers and styles that I thought broke down well into these 'Phases' - much like the MCU Phases.

It's neat to see the evolution of everything from the early 2010s over the course of basically the last decade on the forums and how much the quality and content has grown along with the community.

Phase I - The Beginning
The Imagineer
One Sentence Competition Season 1
Master of the Parks
Think Different Challenge
The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 1
Around the World in 30 Days
WEDCAR Race
Spring Training

Phase 2 - The ICS Era
The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2: International Edition
Elite Eight I
The Sole Imagineer
The Creator Games
The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 3
The Choice
Elite Eight II
The Sole Imagineer Season 2: Redemption Island
The Road Trip

Phase 3 - The Experimental Era
The House Cup
One Sentence Competition Season 2
So, You Want To Be An Imagineer Season 13: Get a Clue
A Twist in Time Season 1
Quest for the Diamond Ears
Eisner's Game
The Creator Games Season 2: Project Revival
Club 32
So, You Want To Be An Imagineer Season 14: Greatest Hits
One Sentence Competition Season 3
The Great Movie Ride Competition
Theme Park Apprentice Season 9
So, You Want To Be An Imagineer Season 15: Uniting Universal
Must Redo Disney
So, You Want To Be An Imagineer Season 16: Purists vs Innovators

Phase 4 - The Community Era
The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 4: Homecoming Edition
One Sentence Competition Season 4
So, You Want To Be An Imagineer Season 17: The International Edition
One Little Spark Season 1
The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5: ENDGAME
One Little Spark Season 2: The Quest For More Views
One Sentence Competition Season 5
The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 6: ODYSSEY
So, You Want To Be An Imagineer Season 18: The Deluxe Edition
One Sentence Competition Season 6
The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys

Phase 5 - The Platinum Era
So, You Want To Be An Imagineer Season 19: Madcap Circus
The Imagineering Jam
One Sentence Competition Season 7
It Could Always Be Worse
The Imaginarium (coming soon)
The Proposal (coming soon)
One Little Spark Season 3: The Spark Squad (coming soon)

The Imagineering Race (coming soon)
In the words of Natasha Bedingfield - the rest is still unwritten...

Disney Warrior

I was thinking of this in the car ride home, not sure why, but as I started typing it sounded cool and I wanted to share as it goes along with the 20th anniversary celebration. Since the inception of wdwmagic competitions there's been somewhat distinct phases of imagineers and styles that I thought broke down well into these 'Phases' - much like the MCU Phases.

It's neat to see the evolution of everything from the early 2010s over the course of basically the last decade on the forums and how much the quality and content has grown along with the community.

Phase I - The Beginning
The Imagineer
One Sentence Competition Season 1
Master of the Parks
Think Different Challenge
The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 1
Around the World in 30 Days
WEDCAR Race
Spring Training

Phase 2 - The ICS Era
The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2: International Edition
Elite Eight I
The Sole Imagineer
The Creator Games
The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 3
The Choice
Elite Eight II
The Sole Imagineer Season 2: Redemption Island
The Road Trip

Phase 3 - The Experimental Era
The House Cup
One Sentence Competition Season 2
So, You Want To Be An Imagineer Season 13: Get a Clue
A Twist in Time Season 1
Quest for the Diamond Ears
Eisner's Game
The Creator Games Season 2: Project Revival
Club 32
So, You Want To Be An Imagineer Season 14: Greatest Hits
One Sentence Competition Season 3
The Great Movie Ride Competition
Theme Park Apprentice Season 9
So, You Want To Be An Imagineer Season 15: Uniting Universal
Must Redo Disney
So, You Want To Be An Imagineer Season 16: Purists vs Innovators

Phase 4 - The Community Era
The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 4: Homecoming Edition
One Sentence Competition Season 4
So, You Want To Be An Imagineer Season 17: The International Edition
One Little Spark Season 1
The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5: ENDGAME
One Little Spark Season 2: The Quest For More Views
One Sentence Competition Season 5
The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 6: ODYSSEY
So, You Want To Be An Imagineer Season 18: The Deluxe Edition
One Sentence Competition Season 6
The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys

Phase 5 - The Platinum Era
So, You Want To Be An Imagineer Season 19: Madcap Circus
The Imagineering Jam
One Sentence Competition Season 7
It Could Always Be Worse
The Imaginarium (coming soon)
The Proposal (coming soon)
One Little Spark Season 3: The Spark Squad (coming soon)

The Imagineering Race (coming soon)
In the words of Natasha Bedingfield - the rest is still unwritten...
Is it possible for you to edit the post to add the links to each comp? It would be much appreciated and I don’t want to have to search through the forums to find the original threads.
Edit: also I think you may have forgotten Twist in Time 2.

spacemt354

Chili's
Is it possible for you to edit the post to add the links to each comp? It would be much appreciated and I don’t want to have to search through the forums to find the original threads.
Edit: also I think you may have forgotten Twist in Time 2.
I don't have the time currently to go back and link all the threads however if you're curious on the old ones there's an unfinished encyclopedia from my old days that has them

tcool123

Original Poster
Some general housekeeping!

• Updated the directory once again you can now find links to It Could Always Be Worse Competition & Hype Thread, the most recent One Little Spark 3 update, the era of Imagineering Competitions (under Legacies)
  • Updated the intinerary to reference the new start date of Whose Park is it Anyway?
  • Expect more information on Whose Park Is It Anyway and The Imaginarium soon!
  • That's all for now have a magical day!

tcool123

Original Poster
image-jpg.55773

Platinum Weekends: Whose Park Is It Anyways?

Tired of all the hustle, the bustle and stress of an Imagineering competition? Then why don't you take a load off, and let your own laughter take over for the weekend! Returning for the first time after a long three year hiatus and the popular and hilarious Whose Part Is It Anyways returns to the Imagineering forums for a one weekend limited time engagement. Throughout the weekend expect various off the wall games that encourage odd yet comedic answers from everyone even those that are passing by as this isn't a game for first place, rather its an opportunity to bond with your fellow members of the forum! So what can you expect to happen during this game? Well look below for a recap of some of the fun activities coming your way!

Scenes From A Sorcerer's Hat

1628187832100.png

Inspired by Scenes From a Hat, this fun activity sees various scenarios that are picked out of a Sorcerer's Hat, and players give their funniest response back! Multiple scenarios will be posted during the segment. Example:

Giving confusing directions in the Magic Kingdom

"Ok so first you go past the castle into the colony area, past the house, through the area with the giant tower, into the big courtyard, around the castle, down the path, and walk straight down the street, and that's how you leave." - @mickeyfan5534

Things You Can Say About _______, but Not About Your Significant Other

2bda5e6dd39bf7f26a7283a584e796f3c1-24-disloyal-man-meme.rsocial.w1200.jpg

Much like the activity from Whose Line Is It Anyway this improv routine asks a very valid thing, what are things you can say about something, but not about your significant other? Like the title suggests players state somethings that's perfectly acceptable for the subject matter, but if they said it to their significant other well they may just end up sleeping outside for the night. Example:

Things you can say about Splash Mountain, but not about your significant other?

"I don't want to wait in line for 50 mins to ride you" - @spacemt354

Questions Only

tumblr_na95wuGHdN1tq4of6o1_500.gif

In Questions Only a topic or scenario is given out and players communicate with each other utilizing only questions building up humorous scenarios that are always varied. Example:

... and many more games to still be revealed!

Platinum Weekends: Whose Park Is It Anyways? begins August 13th

Brer Panther

image-jpg.55773

Platinum Weekends: Whose Park Is It Anyways?

Tired of all the hustle, the bustle and stress of an Imagineering competition? Then why don't you take a load off, and let your own laughter take over for the weekend! Returning for the first time after a long three year hiatus and the popular and hilarious Whose Part Is It Anyways returns to the Imagineering forums for a one weekend limited time engagement. Throughout the weekend expect various off the wall games that encourage odd yet comedic answers from everyone even those that are passing by as this isn't a game for first place, rather its an opportunity to bond with your fellow members of the forum! So what can you expect to happen during this game? Well look below for a recap of some of the fun activities coming your way!

Scenes From A Sorcerer's Hat

View attachment 577534

Inspired by Scenes From a Hat, this fun activity sees various scenarios that are picked out of a Sorcerer's Hat, and players give their funniest response back! Multiple scenarios will be posted during the segment. Example:

Giving confusing directions in the Magic Kingdom

"Ok so first you go past the castle into the colony area, past the house, through the area with the giant tower, into the big courtyard, around the castle, down the path, and walk straight down the street, and that's how you leave." - @mickeyfan5534

Things You Can Say About _______, but Not About Your Significant Other

2bda5e6dd39bf7f26a7283a584e796f3c1-24-disloyal-man-meme.rsocial.w1200.jpg

Much like the activity from Whose Line Is It Anyway this improv routine asks a very valid thing, what are things you can say about something, but not about your significant other? Like the title suggests players state somethings that's perfectly acceptable for the subject matter, but if they said it to their significant other well they may just end up sleeping outside for the night. Example:

Things you can say about Splash Mountain, but not about your significant other?

"I don't want to wait in line for 50 mins to ride you" - @spacemt354

Questions Only

tumblr_na95wuGHdN1tq4of6o1_500.gif

In Questions Only a topic or scenario is given out and players communicate with each other utilizing only questions building up humorous scenarios that are always varied. Example:

... and many more games to still be revealed!

Platinum Weekends: Whose Park Is It Anyways? begins August 13th

I love Whose Line Is It Anyway?, so I definitely want to participate in this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom