WDWMagic Imagineering's 20th Anniversary: The Platinum Celebration - Information Thread

Disney Warrior

I want to share a recent idea (came up with today) for a potential new comp/season 7 episode 1 of the one sentence comp (one sentence platinum would be season 6 episode 4). It would be Olympic themed (I know, they just ended today, but this could happen in early 2022 around the time of the Beijing Olympics). Prompts would be themed around different countries, starting with Greece (adding a Hercules ride to any Disney park) and would end in China with multiple prompts (new land for Shanghai, new hotel for HK, new Disney springs for HK, new second gate for either park, something for universal). I’m not experienced at all with hosting comps, so someone else could host this (I think maybe @tcool123 or @spacemt354 could as a distraction from OLS 3, unless I change my mind). So how’s this idea? Would it fit well into 2022?

tcool123

Original Poster
Logo.png

The Imaginarium is a legacy competition that has history expanding far back into the forum's history with ties to The Imagineer and shockingly enough So You Want to be an Imagineer, which at the time was hosted on a whole different website. Now that a decade has passed since the Imaginarium first started, and now it is time to reenter the realm of the Imaginarium and restore imagination to the world!

- Gameplay -

Imagineers will be set into teams dependent on how many players sign up for the competition. The minimum amount of players needed for the competition will be eight, and the maximum will be twelve players. Teams will have on average a week or so to complete the challenge brought towards them, and satisfy the criteria for each challenge. Challenges will explore different aspects of the theme park experience including attractions, dining, lodging, merchandising, entertainment all while being open ended enough to allow for players to allow their creativity to flow. Players will expect to visit theme parks located at the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Florida Resort, Disneyland Resort, and a few other surprises around the world. While this may seem daunting each challenge has been designed to allow for plenty of fun to be had by players to ensure of a slew of ideas and a flurry of all of your wonderful ideas.

Eliminations will be handled in a way different from the rest of the competitions that have occurred so far in the Platinum Celebration. The losing team's chief imagineer and the two bottom players chosen by said chief imagineer face the chopping block for each challenge. The entire losing team will then vote on who to send home from those in the bottom three taking into account all of the factors such as the chief imagineer possibly dropping the ball with leadership, or perhaps one of the other two imagineers really messed up in what they were supposed to do for the project. This elimination method causes this competition to focus on a mix of both Imagineering and strategy. This strategy can take form in different ways from forming alliances and pacts to taking into account the track record for each player for the elimination. The elimination period will last until every player sends in their vote or for 24 hours whichever occurs first. Voting for the eliminated player will occur after the results for each challenge comes out, and the votes must be sent in via a one on one PM that will be set up with the Imaginarium's host, @tcool123 .

This elimination style may seem threatening to some, but that is where the final component of the gameplay comes well into play! After each main challenge players will have the option to individually submit into an OPTIONAL immunity challenge that will be as complex as something out of the most recent One Sentence Competition. The immunity challenges will be posted in the main thread of the competition, but they must be submitted into the one on one PM that players to cast their votes. Immunity Challenges will open after the main challenge ends allowing for all players to submit an idea, and the Immunity Challenge will end when the voting period ends. Players who win immunity will find out if they won when all the votes are tallied and announced.

- Types of Challenges -

Standard Challenges
Standard challenges will be whole new prompts created for this competition. They can vary in scope and size, but will focus on teamwork alongside inspiring players to let their creativity flow through fun and unique prompts. Challenges will be due at 10 PM EST.

REDUX Challenges
First introduced in the most recent season of the One Sentence Competition, REDUX Challenges allow for prompts that have occurred quite some time ago to be revisited with a fresh new set of eyes. In a twist of the REDUX challenge occasionally players will actually add onto the ideas that were presented in that particular competition and challenge. Players can expect the following competitions to be REDUXED: The Imagineer, WED99's Think Different Challenge, Around the World in 80 Days, and other surprises yet to be unveiled! Challenges will be due at 10 PM EST.

Immunity Challenges
Immunity Challenges will open after the main challenge ends allowing for all players to submit an idea, and the Immunity Challenge will end when the voting period ends. Immunity Challenges will have a two sentence and one image maximum for submissions unless otherwise noted in the challenge rules. Players who win immunity will find out if they won when all the votes are tallied and announced.

August 31st - September 2nd

- Start Date -

September 3rd

Last edited:

Disney Warrior

Time for some shameless self-promotion!
Disneyland Germany is back after a burnout, and I’m posting here because I don’t think many of you know it’s back. As of 8/11/21, the first two lands of World of Myths have been posted.
Come check the resort out here!

tcool123

Original Poster
200.gif

For those who enjoy reading about history of the forums, and exploring old competitions then is there a treat for you! As part of a way to get everyone familiar with the competitions that have built this community and have inspired all of the competitions to this day Legacies will have a slew of new posts all about competitions from days gone by. The first of which has just been posted which is centered all about The Imagineer series which started back in 2010, this post can be found here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/legacies-20-years-of-armchair-imagineering.973327/post-9943719 . The link also includes a directory to every challenge posted for the competition that is available for us to view so feel free to peruse all of the challenges and projects.

For those wondering what other competitions will be included I can let you know that there will be many more covered, but all in due time! I hope you all enjoy the reading :D

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
200.gif

Three pieces of news today! In a continuation of efforts over at the Legacies thread @JokersWild was able to clue us all in on the mythical third season of The Imagineer! It seems that it never had a proper winner, but still seemed like there were a lot of great prompts, for more please read here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/legacies-20-years-of-armchair-imagineering.973327/post-9943739

A second competition has now been spotlighted in Legacies, this one being WED's Think Different Challenge! Here we saw a rather unique competition as it used a point based system to determine who was eliminated with plenty of points given out through trivia questions, and points being detracted for having superfluous posts. To read more on this unique competition as well as check out every single challenge click here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/legacies-20-years-of-armchair-imagineering.973327/post-9944536

Lastly
Whose Park Is It Anyway? has officially started! All users are welcome to play and join the fun! As of writing this we have just started Scenes From A Hat! For more information, and just to check out the game in general click this link here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...nyways-starts-august-13th.974450/post-9945369

tcool123

Original Poster
200.gif

Let's start off with some housekeeping! Was fiddling around with the directory, and I found out that the link to SYWTBAI's Main Thread took you to the Imagineering Jam. That has been fixed!

As some of you may or may not be aware the most recent iteration of Whose Park Is It Anyways has come to an end, and I must say I'm so thankful for the turnout it received! If I crunched my numbers right it would appear that this has been the most active weekend of the game so thank you all for your participation. There is currently a feedback survey out for the game, and it would be great if everyone who participated or watched would fill out. You can find the survey here: https://forms.gle/YtHAd9LE68PagdWN6

The next item in this bulletin is the start of The Imaginarium Hype Thread! This marks the first time in many years where three simultaneous Hype/Discussion threads were occurring. Please stop by the Imaginarium Hype Thread for information on The Imaginarium, an Orange Bird comic, daily questions, and much more! Sign ups for The Imaginarium will occur on August 31st, and the competition itself will begin on September 3rd. You can find the hype thread here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-imaginarium-hype-thread-sign-up-august-31st.974483/

Finally, keep an eye out on the Legacies the next competition retrospective may be dropping down from its world wide journey soon 😉

Disney Dad 3000

Is there another season of One Sentence Comp in the works out there? Haven't seen it any further on the Platinum list or heard anything unless I missed something. If there's an appetite for one this fall/winter or closer to first of the year, I've had an idea/theme for one brewing for a year or so in my noggin.

Will be looking at Great Movie Ride II w/ @D Hulk picking up next Aug/Sep I suppose after the Imagineering Race concludes, but would be open to giving it a whirl.

spacemt354

Chili's
Is there another season of One Sentence Comp in the works out there? Haven't seen it any further on the Platinum list or heard anything unless I missed something. If there's an appetite for one this fall/winter or closer to first of the year, I've had an idea/theme for one brewing for a year or so in my noggin.

Will be looking at Great Movie Ride II w/ @D Hulk picking up next Aug/Sep I suppose after the Imagineering Race concludes, but would be open to giving it a whirl.
KQM9DIQ.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
Haha. The Marvel Disney+ series nobody saw coming.

Should clarify, GMR2 definitely in the plans. Was open to giving OSC a shot at some point over next few months.
I say go for it! Ironically @Tegan pilots a chicken and myself were thinking of starting one up soon in conjunction with Imaginarium, however (and I think she would agree) it would be awesome to see what you have in store considering you've never hosted one!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom