WDWMagic Imagineering's 20th Anniversary: The Platinum Celebration - Information Thread

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I was thinking someone a little more despicable...
Marvel Studios GIF by Disney+
AH YES!!! Ol Mr Toxic Masculinity himself 😂😂😂

D Hulk

I will also change my avatar with the name change, it will also be from the MCU (it’s not Thanos, or any villain for that matter,if you’re wondering)
It will be Captain America
captain-america-recruits-the-hulk-2.jpg

HULK WILL SMASH FOR YOU!
(Please don’t tell them that I’ve just changed my mind, and that Captain America won’t be my future avatar, it will be something from another series, non-Disney)
NOOOO!!!!!! 😡

tcool123

Original Poster
One Sentence: Platinum Edition - A 20th Anniversary Special

vbwUC0u.png

What would be a celebration of the Imagineering forum without the One Sentence competition? It originally debuted in summer 2013 helmed by @Turtle going on to have a great success and becoming one of the longest running competitions on the forum. While there have been many iterations the core concept has remained the same: to keep it simple and fun. Much like the previous seasons each challenge will be a simple Imagineering elevator pitch based on a given prompt, with only 1 or 2 sentences required per post along with a supplemental image.

In this season expect plenty of new prompts that are fresh and unique while at the same time perfectly matching new REDUX prompts. REDUX prompts are prompts from some of the first seasons of One Sentence that were big hits back in their day, and deserve to make their return for a fresh new take with 2021 vision. Regardless if its a REDUX or regular prompt expect a a short constructive review for each project, and plenty of points to be thrown around. . Everyone who participates will get 1 point. Then, the top three will receive bronze (1 point), silver (also 1 points), and gold (2 points) medals. Plus, each round will have an "Honorable Mention" for an idea that excels in one area that deserves a special shout out, but wasn't in the top 3 overall for whatever reason. Whoever has the most points at the end of the game wins bragging rights and a really cool gif surprise!

Regardless of who wins or loses the goal is just to have plain old simple fun! The brevity of this competition returns June 2nd, but in the meantime why not take a peek at this amazing amazing retrospective put together by @Pi on my Cake : https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...spectives-on-past-seasons.968905/post-9424741

Discussion Question: Do you have a favorite prompt or personal from the One Sentence Competition? If not then what are you looking forward to with the One Sentence Competition?​

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I really don’t know for this, but I am excited to participate and read some prompts
You’ll enjoy it! You could think of 1S comp as “elevator prompts.” As in, you’re in an elevator with your fellow imagineers and you’re asked to make a pitch that lasts as long as your elevator ride; short and simple. The rounds go quickly as well! There will typically be 2-3 per week and the entire thing will only last about a month.

spacemt354

Chili's
One Sentence: Platinum Edition - A 20th Anniversary Special

View attachment 560256

What would be a celebration of the Imagineering forum without the One Sentence competition? It originally debuted in summer 2013 helmed by @Turtle going on to have a great success and becoming one of the longest running competitions on the forum. While there have been many iterations the core concept has remained the same: to keep it simple and fun. Much like the previous seasons each challenge will be a simple Imagineering elevator pitch based on a given prompt, with only 1 or 2 sentences required per post along with a supplemental image.

In this season expect plenty of new prompts that are fresh and unique while at the same time perfectly matching new REDUX prompts. REDUX prompts are prompts from some of the first seasons of One Sentence that were big hits back in their day, and deserve to make their return for a fresh new take with 2021 vision. Regardless if its a REDUX or regular prompt expect a a short constructive review for each project, and plenty of points to be thrown around. . Everyone who participates will get 1 point. Then, the top three will receive bronze (1 point), silver (also 1 points), and gold (2 points) medals. Plus, each round will have an "Honorable Mention" for an idea that excels in one area that deserves a special shout out, but wasn't in the top 3 overall for whatever reason. Whoever has the most points at the end of the game wins bragging rights and a really cool gif surprise!

Regardless of who wins or loses the goal is just to have plain old simple fun! The brevity of this competition returns June 2nd, but in the meantime why not take a peek at this amazing amazing retrospective put together by @Pi on my Cake : https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...spectives-on-past-seasons.968905/post-9424741

Discussion Question: Do you have a favorite prompt or personal from the One Sentence Competition? If not then what are you looking forward to with the One Sentence Competition?​
Very excited for this!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom