WDWFreak53, car discussion

WDWFREAK53

That looks like an impressive line-up.

It's frustrating that GM got hit with the one-two punch of gas prices followed by recession at a point they were getting their s*** together and had some promising cars in the pipeline.

Now every self important nit-wit in Washington thinks they know more than Bob Lutz . . . even tough they have trouble picking their own nose without six congressional aides.

. . . anyway, on the 370Z front, it looks like my car may be on the way and here next week . . . but I've been told so many different things over the past couple days that I'll believe it when I see it.

Tell me you're getting the electric blue! :lol: I love that color.

You'll probably get something boring...like silver or charcoal ;) (Mine was Silverstone).

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Tell me you're getting the electric blue! :lol: I love that color.

You'll probably get something boring...like silver or charcoal ;) (Mine was Silverstone).

Silver.:lookaroun

. . . though I always wanted a blue car . . . but I scratched that itch with the Cobalt.

In this case I said: "Any color except yellow or red - silver as a first choice if it's available."

WDWFREAK53

Since GM can't seem to make a decent minivan, I will disagree with this one :)

Let them make a good crossover and keep it at that.

I would try to make a minivan on the Traverse platform and offer it with the same AWD system.

Also, I have another car to add to the list.

Chevy Nomad.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I would try to make a minivan on the Traverse platform and offer it with the same AWD system.

Also, I have another car to add to the list.

Chevy Nomad.

Yes! I assume you mean the concept built on the Solstice platform . . . though a full-sized version built on the G8 platform would also be cool.

If I could have one wish for the future of GM vehicles, it would be for them to make the next generation Solstice platform versatile enough for a variety of light-weight, rear wheel drive vehicles.

They're talking about making the Cruze more "upscale" - which makes some sense in a world that will likely shift toward smaller, more fuel efficient cars.

. . . but a Cobalt with heated leather seats isn't going to do it.

But a 1 series type coupe along with a 4 door variation and the Nomad - all lighter weight and less expensive than the 1 series coupes - could really give them something.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Infiniti Essence:

03-infiniti-essence-press.jpg

04-infiniti-essence-press.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/03/geneva-2009-consider-the-show-stopped-infiniti-rolls-out-its-e/

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Looks like Chrysler Crossfire (@$$ end) meets Fisker (rest of the car).

Hmmmmm....

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Looks like Chrysler Crossfire (@$$ end) meets Fisker (rest of the car).

Hmmmmm....

My first thought was "Fisker" when I saw it. He has certainly had a huge influence on the design of sport-touring coupes - not only with his current projects, but with the work he did before starting his own company.

I'm a little mixed on this one. I've always been a sucker for a classic sport-coupe - long hood, short rear - and I like the general flow and shape.

I could do without the chrome, and the whole thing just seems too big.

Rather than a V-6 with electric motor, why not make it smaller and lighter. Lose 500 pounds and use a 4 cylinder with electric motor to match the performance of the larger car?

Lexus (and I guess I should segregate Lexus and Infiniti - though for some reason I've always lumped them together:shrug:) has annoyed me with their philosophy of making big, honking, gas guzzling cars, but because they're "hybrids" they market them as great for the environment.

So you've made a car that gets 20 mpg instead of the the 17 it would get without the hybrid system.

Great . . . but it's still a pig.:lookaroun

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Hey look. Is Brian's car in here?

camaro-delivery-crop.jpg

Congratulations Shawn Higbee for 5th place Daytona 200 finish. Best Buell Daytona finish to date:

Higbee2001236442673.JPG

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Well Brian, unless you've got something to tell us, I think I beat you:

n1399203865_30133190_1674942.jpg

n1399203865_30133191_3338130.jpg

n1399203865_30133192_1729608.jpg

n1399203865_30133193_1344751.jpg

Awesome car! Incredibly responsive. It does feel a little heavier than a boxster, but also more solid and MUCH more powerful (at least compared to the base Boxster I drove).

maggiegrace1

Awesome car! Incredibly responsive. It does feel a little heavier than a boxster, but also more solid and MUCH more powerful (at least compared to the base Boxster I drove).
:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Gorgeous Gary!..Congrats!..and Happy Birthday!:D

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
NIIIIIICE!!!
ole.gif

It's funny, a while back I remember you and I were discussing the idea of me getting a new car and I said I'd treat myself to one for my birthday.

. . . I wasn't really planning it that way, but I ended up getting it on my actual birthday.

. . . anyway, you said I could.:D

figmentmom

It's funny, a while back I remember you and I were discussing the idea of me getting a new car and I said I'd treat myself to one for my birthday.

. . . I wasn't really planning it that way, but I ended up getting it on my actual birthday.

. . . anyway, you said I could.:D

I DID. Tell Linda. :D

WDWFREAK53

I TOLD YOU that Z was a great car! Frankly, if I didn't have a little one on the way, I'd be in one too.

Congrats and good luck with it. (Be careful with the CD player, I found that when it got to be frigid temperatures...it would skip constantly...even with two replacements). That was the only problem I had with it and I'm sure it's not the same stereo.

Have you "punched" it with the traction control off yet? (Man, that car is FUN!)

(I still wish you got the blue :lol: )

How does Linda like it?

EDIT: Why did they put the steering wheel upside down on yours? :lookaroun

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Have you "punched" it with the traction control off yet? (Man, that car is FUN!)

(I still wish you got the blue :lol: )

How does Linda like it?

YES!! Do this!!! And I want video of it! :king: :D :lol:

Gratz Gary... very sharp ride :sohappy:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband

I've been trying to take it easy until I've reached the recommended break-in miles (I've got to check the manual to see what they call for).

I've only had it up to 5,000 RPM tops, but it pulls like crazy in that range, so I can't wait to get it up to 7500.:D

How does Linda like it?

She seems to really like it. She was checking out the GTR. She thinks that would be more "practical" since, you know, that's got a back seat and everything.:lookaroun

:lol: When I was taking the picture, I thought: "Should I straighten out the front wheels so it doesn't look so stupid in the photo?"

. . . but I decided, "Nah, why bother?".

. . . I mean it's not like anyone would care . . . or be obnoxious enough to say anything.:lookaroun

:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom