WDW Traditions

jeffk410

Original Poster
hopefully this has never been done before. But i would like to hear some other peoples traditions when they are at the best place ever. If staying off grounds we always do a happy honk when we go through the gates haha. Also we always go to Ghiradellis and most importantly start every MK day off with splash mountain even if its freezing cold!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Dinner at Le Cellier at least once every trip. I'm actually missing out on Le Cellier in February, it'll be my first [and hopefully last] break with that tradition. It's a short-notice trip and although my intent was to join a friend who has an ADR, they now have a date and dates trump friends [as well they should].

Beyond that no real specific traditions, unless buying a large amount of Disney clothing [mostly Polos] every trip counts! :lol:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
MUST have a Dole Whip Float and a Minnie's Strawberry popcicle on every trip. Also, even when staying off property, WDW Transportation must be utilized just once for the smell, magic and ambiance.

:D

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender

Attachments

• Frowny Face Splash.JPG
    Frowny Face Splash.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 61

krankenstein

My traditions:

At MK I always grab a Space FP and than ride CoP first.

A Mickey Premium is a must!

I eat as many Casey's hot dogs as possible. :lol:

I have to eat at The Electric Umbrella at least once so I can enjoy the FoN while I eat.

Edit: I forgot WONKA BARS!!!! I always have to have as many of those things as possible!!!!! :slurp:

NemoRocks78

Seized
My traditions:

At MK I always grab a Space FP and than ride CoP first.

A Mickey Premium is a must!

I eat as many Casey's hot dogs as possible. :lol:

I have to eat at The Electric Umbrella at least once so I can enjoy the FoN while I eat.

Edit: I forgot WONKA BARS!!!! I always have to have as many of those things as possible!!!!! :slurp:
Wonka Bars > everything else :king:

dgtolbert222

we always throw a quarter right in front of the Hippo on its a small world, my dad made me do it 15 years ago on my first trip and I made my kids do it on our 2 trips

maggiegrace1

Do Fantasyland first morning there...have been doing that since I was a kid and did that when it was just Drew and I and now we do it with Maggie..:)

Have a Lapu Lapu at Polynesian and sit in a hammock on the beach with Drew and watch the fireworks..:)..and just enjoy the scenery

Go in every store in World Showcase even though we do it every time and see the same things..it just needs to be done..:)

Sit on Main Street waiting for the 3:00 parade and people watch..

People watch in World Showcase..does not matter where in World Showcase..a few places usually and just enjoy every second..

There are really too many things that I do..not that I need to but we always just do it anyway..:)

yankspy

Well, as far as food goes, Casey's hot dog is a must, school bread, Dole whip, pretzel, sugar cookies, and a sixty dollar spree at the confectionery.

Other traditions, TTA at night has to be done, HM is usually the first ride, and throwing coins in the water at IASW and making a wish. I also make it a point to stop at the hub at night and just stare at the castle for a half hour or so.

As far as souvenirs, usually a t-shirt and a coffee mug.

BriLee

My family has several traditions:
  • Me and my sister eat one Mickey's Premium Ice Cream (vanilla ice cream with a hard chocolate covering in the shape of Mickey) per trip
  • We get a charicature done in different Disney attire (pirates, princesses, etc.)
  • When we go to the MK for the day we eat breakfast at the Bakery
  • And we always get that little red pass thing that they give guests to measure the wait time on the rides. thats kind of a tradition that we have no control over, but in 5 visits we have yet to not get it! haha
theres probably others but I can't think of them right now. lol

kimmykimmy

My family has several traditions:
  • Me and my sister eat one Mickey's Premium Ice Cream (vanilla ice cream with a hard chocolate covering in the shape of Mickey) per trip
  • We get a charicature done in different Disney attire (pirates, princesses, etc.)
  • When we go to the MK for the day we eat breakfast at the Bakery
  • And we always get that little red pass thing that they give guests to measure the wait time on the rides. thats kind of a tradition that we have no control over, but in 5 visits we have yet to not get it! haha
theres probably others but I can't think of them right now. lol

You forgot the first one!

• Eating dinner at Tony's Town Square the first night we're there!
And...

• Caramel apples & chocolate covered marshmallows!

CLandrum

Cry! At least once a day. I never got to even leave my home town when I was a kid so I never thought in a million years I would be going to WDW every year and sharing it with my daughter. Seeing her face light up at everything makes my eyes well up.

Oh Dumbo is our first ride everytime.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom