WDW Traditions

coltow

Our traditions are mostly picture spots. We always take a family picture on the liberty square bridge. We always take a picture of the kids at certain spots too, but never miss one at the snowman outside mama melrose.

We also eat as much disney popcorn as we can, there's just something about it that we all love.

bgraham34

My wife and I have so many traditions. For one we always eat at Ohana's for dinner and Crystal Palace is always for breakfast. We always get a Dole Whip and Have Caramel Apples with the nuts on it. We usually always have a Margarita in Mexico after having lunch in Germany.

MousDad

Well, as far as food goes, Casey's hot dog is a must, school bread, Dole whip, pretzel, sugar cookies, and a sixty dollar spree at the confectionery.

Is all this before lunch or dinner?

My personal traditions are the choke up moments. I currently have 4. I'd tell you what they are, but then I'd :cry:.

wvdisneyfamily

I second that!

And go on Tower of Terror as many times possible.

Uh...I'm hoping since these are not in the same park that it's not one right after the other. :ROFLOL:

Cry! At least once a day. I never got to even leave my home town when I was a kid so I never thought in a million years I would be going to WDW every year and sharing it with my daughter. Seeing her face light up at everything makes my eyes well up.

Oh Dumbo is our first ride everytime.

Me, too. I'm watching a YouTube of the MK Good Morning Show and feeling a little teary right now. :cry:

My personal traditions are the choke up moments. I currently have 4. I'd tell you what they are, but then I'd :cry:.

Only 4?! I have like 40! :ROFLOL:

Our Traditions
1. First day @ MK
2. Cry the first day and last day I see the Good Morning Show at MK
3. Last day @ MK
4. Last dinner @ Liberty Tree Tavern
5. Next to last dinner @ Le Cellier
6. Close down Epcot and eat a Kringle as we watch the park clear out
7. buy new pins
8. ride Space Mountain first every trip
9. cry when I leave :mad::cry:
10. buy gas at MK Hess because it is cheaper than gas at home and take picture of sign with gas price to prove to everyone back home that gas at WDW is in fact cheaper than gas at home

yankspy

:lol: I tend to walk a lot when I am there so my appetite becomes voracious. I also try and deprive myself of sweets about a month before we go. I will admit that I do engage in a little gluttony when on vacation.:slurp:

docandsix

We always take a photo of the whole family in front of the Miss Piggy fountain by Muppet-Vision 3-D. It's been interesting to see the evolution of our family from two in 1992 to seven (and counting?) in 2008 and beyond.

Blackie Pueblo

I don't know if it can be considered traditions really but there are certain rides we always go on. Spaceship Earth, Haunted Mansion, and even Pirates, even though I'm one of the few that isn't crazy about the changes. And we never leave with out getting the fudge for whatever deal they are having when we are there that day.

"The important thing is the family."
---Walter Elias Disney

maryszhi

there are so many. we always go to cinderellas royal table and min. one other character meal. we always get new mickey ears, get on ride pics, and always make a wish in cinderella wishing well . i could go on.....

smk

First and last park every visit....MK

Corn dog nuggets at Casey's, a must.

Ride TTA a million (okay, a few) times, just to catch my breath and relax.

Steer away from anyone with a turkey leg :hurl:, always.

Sit in Italy at Epcot.

Eat in France, eat again in Germany. :slurp:

Eat a churro during Illuminations or.....pecans (which I couldn't find in October! :()

If we are staying in FW, drive around in our cart each and every waking minute we are not sleeping or in the parks. So much fun!

Visit each and every shop in the parks, DTD and as many resorts as we can get to. As has been said before by maggiegrace, the "things" in each shop are the same, but I have to look at everything I can, it just makes me happy.

Buy Mickey cheddar crackers, eat them while watching the fireworks from the beach at the Poly or FW.

Convince myself that I will be back soon when I leave the park the last day of our visit. I start talking about a return trip by the time I am walking down Main Street to leave. If I don't convince myself by the time I leave the park I get sad :cry:, real sad :cry::cry:.

We tend to go straight to Haunted Mansion first thing, then round to Splash and Thunder, then back to Pirates.

Was amazed this year, however of the amount of photos we got with characters, first thing in the morning at MK. It was like a circuit, just walking from one to the other with little to no wait.

lilmagic

Everytime I go with my family, we always leave our house at about 4:30 in the afternoon. Eat Crackle Barrel supper around 7:00. Get to Disney at 6:00am. Check in with the hotel (usually one of the All-Stars) and then head straight for the Magic Kingdom.

We always eat a Crystal Palace breakfast at least once. At Animal Kingdom we get fastpasses for Kali and then go eat at the Rainforrest Cafe. I always eat as many Itzakadoozies as possible. And while waiting for our Space Mountain fastpasses we ride the TTA.

:)

Another of our traditions is to go to the counter service at Hollywood Studios, next to Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, for a BBQ Pulled Pork Sub for lunch, every time we go.

DisneyLindz

• We always eat breakfast at Caribbean Beach, even though we don't stay there anymore (DVC members now). Started when my sister and I were little. We eat then feed our leftovers to the birds by the little beach. :lookaroun
  • Eat dinner at Boma's. Love this tradition!
  • Take picture next to the horses on Main St. in MK.
  • Either lunch or dinner at Le Cellier. Yummy!

jeffk410

Original Poster
aha

wow was at hollywood studios all day yest and just came home from vaca sadi ly =[ but 6 more weeks and ill be back. But great posts !!! i love hearing traditions.

DisneyPirate85

When we enter MK 1st thing we do is Pirates.
DTD Ghiradellis chocolate
EPCOT Vanilla cone from France
Everything else is just played by ear:wave:

koolaidmoms

Our traditions are very similar to most of yours:

1. Must eat a frozen banana at AK
2. Must have lunch at CP
3. Must ride SSE first when visiting Epcot
4. Must ride the monorail even if we are not staying at a monorail hotel or we drive.

We have tons of other little ones but those are our four "Musts." :)

Magic Kingdom first park to visit, last park when we leave
Splash Mountain, first ride, last ride.
Must do every magic hours (need all the time in Disney i can get)
Must eat at Liberty Tree (dinner)
Must beat my mom in BUzz Lightyear (easy, do it everytime at least by 150000 points lol)
Must see Fantasmic (Best show to me, gives me chills)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom