WDW to Raise All Buffet Prices By Almost 50%?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You obviously never did the dining plan 10 years ago. You could easily come out ahead without trying hard at all.

Exactly and you did not even NEED to order the most expensive items and it was CONVENIENT and the value proposition was evenly balanced between the guest and Disney.

Being long term DVC i've never had 'Free' Dining I've always paid for it.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Annnnnnnd you just lost all credibility. ;)

Up here in the frozen north Outback is not bad for a low priced steakhouse it's not gourmet just solid middle of the road steaks, Though I generally avoid their pasta dishes which are not great but their salads are decent. Is it different in Orlando?

hopemax

Yes, those were the days when it was in its infancy. Appetizer, meal, dessert, AND 18% gratuity all built into the DDP. And it was like $35/adult/day for one table, one quick, and one snack. And pretty much all the good restaurants but a few were 1 table service.

The funny thing is, at that time, people thought character buffets were a bad use of 1 credit! The buffets were about $25, which was less than the cost of an appetizer, entree and dessert at many restaurants. It was "smarter" to pay OOP for your character meal, and then you could use that saved credit on another night, giving you two, which then you could use for a signature dining option.

To imagine, that a decade later we are talking about character buffets becoming 2-credit meals, with a price point to justify it...Madness.

asianway

The funny thing is, at that time, people thought character buffets were a bad use of 1 credit! The buffets were about $25, which was less than the cost of an appetizer, entree and dessert at many restaurants. It was "smarter" to pay OOP for your character meal, and then you could use that saved credit on another night, giving you two, which then you could use for a signature dining option.

To imagine, that a decade later we are talking about character buffets becoming 2-credit meals, with a price point to justify it...Madness.
Back then, they were a horrible use of credits. QS at Pepper Market baby!

GeneralZod

Up here in the frozen north Outback is not bad for a low priced steakhouse it's not gourmet just solid middle of the road steaks, Though I generally avoid their pasta dishes which are not great but their salads are decent. Is it different in Orlando?
No clue in orlando, but here in the midwest Outback is a bit of a joke. Interesting to see the perspective from other regions.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
No clue in orlando, but here in the midwest Outback is a bit of a joke. Interesting to see the perspective from other regions.

Of course in the midwest you guys have great LOCAL steakhouses which blow away places like Outback, When I'm in Texas there are so many great hole in the wall steakhouses, Murphy's in Winchester TX immediately comes to mind. Sodalak's in College Station is pretty good too.

In the northeast we have great dairy products and seafood, Of course we have the abomination known as 'Red Lobster' up here which most of us mock because the local seafood houses are so much better and use fresher products.

Lirael

Maybe the glitch wasnt the sign of a significant price raise, but a tired system for using DDP?

Example: restaurant X is usually worth 1 table credit, but form now on if you buy the dining package of restaurant X + show Y, you'll have to use 2 table credits on it.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
To be honest Disney does need to do something about crowd control. I have been coming for over 15 years and I'm here right now and it seems like every time I go it gets worse. So does the fun unfortunately with the new trends

lebeau

To be honest Disney does need to do something about crowd control. I have been coming for over 15 years and I'm here right now and it seems like every time I go it gets worse. So does the fun unfortunately with the new trends

Option #1: Raise prices and cut costs until only the rich and people foolish enough to overpay are still going.

Option #2: Increase capacity

Disney under Iger seems to prefer option #1.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Rumor #1 - Character Dining Buffets will now be 2 TS credits

Rumor #2 - All buffets will increase in price 1 October 2016 to 59.99 for Adults, 39.99 Children.

A pox on Disney's house if either or both turn out to be true.

My daughter can't eat $5 worth of food and it's not worth $34.99 more for a few seconds of interaction with characters I can see elsewhere for general admission

For the most part buffets food are not all that great (exceptions of course).

I'm curious what will occur if EITHER of these rumors are true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom