WDW To Enforce FP+ Rules

ptaylor

Premium Member
The reason the Fastpass system was created in the first place was to make the parks more enjoyable for the guests because before it was in place you literally had to wait two to three hours just to get on one of the more popular attractions everyday.
That isn't the reason for FP.

FP was created to increase guest spending in the parks. Strategic Planning realized that when standing in line, guests were not able to shop and eat in restaurants. FP was put in place to free up time in lines to allow for a greater spend. It worked, and guest spending has largely been on the increase ever since.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Original Poster
Wow! I can't believe how ungrateful some people are. The reason the Fastpass system was created in the first place was to make the parks more enjoyable for the guests because before it was in place you literally had to wait two to three hours just to get on one of the more popular attractions everyday. Then you have to wait around two hours just to get a good spot for parades or fireworks. This way you are guaranteed a way to get on at least three attractions without waiting in line for hours meaning you have more time to get on other attractions and experience more. This way you may have an hour and a half to spend on a nice dinner at a nice restaurant with your family. There are far more positive aspects to the fast pass systems that people seem to take for granted more and more while they focus even more intently on the negative aspects. There are some families who save for 10 years to be able to come to the parks and it for those people especially that the fast pass system was put in place so they would be able to do more. I hate this attitude of me, me, me that most people seem to have.

I was excited for the new system because it helped guests, like us, who don't want to get up at the crack of dawn to get to a park so we could either get a FP for TSM, Space/Thunder/Splash Mountain, Star Tours, or any of the popular rides or not have to wait in standby or more than 30 minutes. We're on vacation - we don't need to get up at 6:00 am...until the grandkids start arriving...

LAKid53

Premium Member
Original Poster
That isn't the reason for FP.

FP was created to increase guest spending in the parks. Strategic Planning realized that when standing in line, guests were not able to shop and eat in restaurants. FP was put in place to free up time in lines to allow for a greater spend. It worked, and guest spending has largely been on the increase ever since.

You mean, it wasn't for guest satisfaction purposes? ;););)

doctornick

Uni actually has it ALL OVER disney with child swap!!! Way way way better system. And the rooms to wait in with anxious/antsy toddlers-way way better than hanging outside in elements!

Boy, I couldn't disagree more. Uni's child swap is reasonable, but far less accommodating than Disney's and worse to use for families. For starters, the child who can't ride has to wait in the queue and many of the queues are dark/scary and can have long waits -- so you have a child who can be frightened but you have to force them to wait in it if the rest of the party wants to all ride. Otherwise, mom or dad is out of luck in terms of getting a ride.

Second, if you have a young child in a stroller, you have to take them out in order to go through the queue. Particularly bad if you have a child taking a mid-day nap. At Disney, one parent can simply wait with that child in the stroller.

Third, Disney's method allows the non-riding child the opportunity to do something different in the meantime -- ride another ride, eat something, watch entertainment, etc. Instead of that poor child having to wait in a queue and not even get the payoff of getting a ride at the end.

The only real upside I see got Uni's method is that the family gets to stay together for the wait and the non-riding child can experience the queue if they want. But I much prefer Disney's method and it ain't even close.

Cousin Huet

The bottom line is that if you abuse this or the dining reservation system for your own convenience and at the expense of others than you have no integrity. Not only do you make others miss on experiences but you also screw with the plans and scheduling of the business associates with the action and make it hard to collect and use data for future improvements.

This is entitled America where demanding others pay for your food, health, home, schooling, transportation and entertainment is considered normal.

drizgirl

I personally think it should be OK to use someone's band who is in the park with me to FP+ a ride they no longer want, but I don't make the rules. :)
I agree that should be ok. I think the biggest abuse came from booking on a friend or family member's AP then using those to get 2 (or more) sets of 60 day hard to get FPs. (Think bypassing tiers in Pandora). And I'm still not sure that has been stopped since they can apparently(???) now book them on the friend or family member's band, hold them there, then transfer to your own band after using your initial 3. The friend's band would just be a holding spot for them now. If they don't end that, they really haven't accomplished much.

RSoxNo1

I agree that should be ok. I think the biggest abuse came from booking on a friend or family member's AP then using those to get 2 (or more) sets of 60 day hard to get FPs. (Think bypassing tiers in Pandora). And I'm still not sure that has been stopped since they can apparently(???) now book them on the friend or family member's band, hold them there, then transfer to your own band after using your initial 3. The friend's band would just be a holding spot for them now. If they don't end that, they really haven't accomplished much.
This is the problem with advanced booking. If you were only allowed to book Fastpasses once you entered the park, they wouldn't have this problem and WDW's system would be the best in the world.

DisneyJoe

This is the problem with advanced booking. If you were only allowed to book Fastpasses once you entered the park, they wouldn't have this problem and WDW's system would be the best in the world.
If and only if their technical systems could handle it, yes.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Original Poster

I didn't think MDE currently allows you to transfer a FP from someone's account to yours....and that's where the FP sits, on your MDE, not a particular MB. The MB is nothing more than a tool to access the data in your MDE account - hotel, tickets, dining, FP, payment, etc.

nickys

Premium Member
I didn't think MDE currently allows you to transfer a FP from someone's account to yours....and that's where the FP sits, on your MDE, not a particular MB. The MB is nothing more than a tool to access the data in your MDE account - hotel, tickets, dining, FP, payment, etc.

I fear they had already worked out a way to do this by changing the party, but it was "even more complicated" than their original cheat. I think you had to use your own first??? Since they've deleted the huge threads and so-on, at least no one else can find out. Anyway, I hope Disney have closed that loophole too.

From "If you query the morality of this you are challenging our mods and will be banned" to "Any posts on how to cheat the system will be deleted" in less than 12 hours !! Maybe they were threatened with no more Vip treatment. ;)

drizgirl

Stay tuned. We'll know next week how that works when they roll it out at DLR.

djdan888

Let me float this idea. For stays at the resort, is it really fair for the $69 campground site to get the same 60 day FP+ access that the $800 per night Contemporary guest gets? Should it be tiered maybe, or even some of the lower ones getting no advance at all? I know this may sound controversial, but I think it should seriously be considered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom