WDW To Enforce FP+ Rules

Kingoglow

I would agree. But if Disney's now going to enforce their rule, then they should allow you, through the app or kiosk, to transfer that FP that would be wasted to another guest in the party for the FP in question. How many people really think about cancelling a FP they're not going to use, especially if they are leaving the park and returning to their resort? I don't....

With proper planning, that seems unnecessary. At 60 days out, book Mine Train at 1-2 for everyone in your group. Then change Grandma's fastpass to Peter Pan at 1:30-2:30 and tell everyone to meet up at Village Haus afterwards.

We are talking about gaming the system for gains here. Obviously, magicbands should not change hands as it contributes to the problem that we are discussing. Whether or not my fastpasses are wasted does not matter. For all Disney knows, I could be booking the most popular rides every day of my trip during the busiest tie of day (the 3 mountains for exmaple). Meanwhile I and just chillin' inside Country Bears while laughing.

drizgirl

With proper planning, that seems unnecessary. At 60 days out, book Mine Train at 1-2 for everyone in your group. Then change Grandma's fastpass to Peter Pan at 1:30-2:30 and tell everyone to meet up at Village Haus afterwards.

We are talking about gaming the system for gains here. Obviously, magicbands should not change hands as it contributes to the problem that we are discussing. Whether or not my fastpasses are wasted does not matter. For all Disney knows, I could be booking the most popular rides every day of my trip during the busiest tie of day (the 3 mountains for exmaple). Meanwhile I and just chillin' inside Country Bears while laughing.
If they would just get on the ball and roll out the implanted chips already none of this would be an issue!

gorillaball

I personally think it should be OK to use someone's band who is in the park with me to FP+ a ride they no longer want, but I don't make the rules. :)

I agree, if grandma has a ticket and grandma is in the park and grandma doesn't want to ride rides and grandma lets someone else take them, I don't see an issue.

It's quite different than someone tricking the system to use more than 3 FP per paid admission to the park on that day.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I would agree. But if Disney's now going to enforce their rule, then they should allow you, through the app or kiosk, to transfer that FP that would be wasted to another guest in the party for the FP in question. How many people really think about cancelling a FP they're not going to use, especially if they are leaving the park and returning to their resort? I don't....

You can change party, but I'm not sure if that would work since they have the 3FP gate. Maybe if it was lifted in the case of a transfer, but that potentially opens opportunity for abuse. I agree with you though that it should be something that's possible to do.

Kingoglow

@gorillaball I just think that you should consider that we are talking about the fact that people have been cheating the system.

There is no difference between the loophole was just closed and a non-offical tour guide (i.e. 'some grandma') handing out her magic band with pre-booked fastpasses to her customers ('family') that paid her a fee to take them around the park.

Just because it is something that most of us do, that doesn't make it right, okay, or legal in the easy of Disney.

The rules say that your magicband can only be used by you.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
@gorillaball I just think that you should consider that we are talking about the fact that people have been cheating the system.

There is no difference between the loophole was just closed and a non-offical tour guide (i.e. 'some grandma') handing out her magic band with pre-booked fastpasses to her customers ('family') that paid her a fee to take them around the park.

Just because it is something that most of us do, that doesn't make it right, okay, or legal in the easy of Disney.

The rules say that your magicband can only be used by you.

That's the sad truth.

sjhym333

I thought the old legacy system 2.0 fixed this so that verification between park ticket entry and fastpass did occur.

I agree, MDE accounts shouldn't be automatically locked due to one fail, given the historical issue with verification. Another failure after that the same day, lock account to send guest to GS to determine what the issue is. Any problems after that, lower the boom and revoke FP privileges, as the Disney statement said they would do.
The old legacy system 2.0 did fix the glitch. I worked a very popular FP attraction and every morning we would see a parent (usually a dad) who would get up while the family slept in or did breakfast and run to grab FP's for the family. The system would issue his FP then reject the other tickets. When I asked where the family was they would say back at the hotel. We would explain that using the ticket to enter the park opened the ability to get FP's. Often it was an honest mistake by someone who thought they were being smart by getting in early. Sometimes they complained. My next statement was "Think of it this way...right now this park doesn't know that your family member exists since they aren't here so why would it issue them a FP?"

sjhym333

I didn't even realize not following the FP+ rules was a thing. I'm so naive.
It has always been a thing. You would be amazed at how many fake paper FP's we would see during the day. You could almost always spot them because of poor printing, wrong type of paper or missing things. We went through a period when it really got bad and we were told to be extra vigilant.

RobbinsDad

Besides, if you really want an extra FP, just complain a lot. They give them out like candy.

*Edit* They gave them to me like candy. Wife and I actually laughed about it being their first response to any legit complaint.

Cosmic Commando

Typically, in-state AP holders will book a campsite for $30-$60 so that they have access to the Fastpass+ 60 day window if they plan on going to the park during a particularly busy season. They would just never check in.
It was a clumsy way for me to put it, but I was saying that it sucks for people who actually want to use the campsites to actually camp.

Kman101

There is nothing in the ToS that prohibit a guest from purchasing a new MagicBand from a retail location inside the park, opening the package and proceeding to a kiosk to link FastPass+ entitlements. It's not stealing. It's called being creative.

It's not creative.

Cosmic Commando

There is nothing in the ToS that prohibit a guest from purchasing a new MagicBand from a retail location inside the park, opening the package and proceeding to a kiosk to link FastPass+ entitlements. It's not stealing. It's called being creative.
This reminds me of cheesy sports movies where somebody is frantically flipping through the rule book before declaring, "There's nothing in the rules that says a dog can't play football!"

Just because Disney doesn't physically stop you doesn't make it right.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Original Poster
Besides, if you really want an extra FP, just complain a lot. They give them out like candy.

*Edit* They gave them to me like candy. Wife and I actually laughed about it being their first response to any legit complaint.

My daughter and I got one of those "gold" paper fastpasses at DHS our first visit. We got to the park just before 11AM and headed for the board to check both FP availability and wait times. I commented that all the FP for TSM were gone and we'd have to wait to ride it another time. The CM standing nearby overheard my comment and asked if we'd ever ridden the ride. I told her no, it was our first visit to DHS and all my WDW friends had told me we needed to ride it. I said we were okay, it's really a kid's ride and we can try again our next trip. She took us over to that little counter they had near the old chalkboard and handed us two of the all day FP good for any ride. I was stunned...and thanked her profusely. I hadn't complained, was just commenting that we needed to get to the park earlier (more for my daughter's benefit - a morning person she is NOT!) if we wanted a FP to a very popular ride.

Another of my dear late mother's sayings was that old "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar" and she always included "and make sure you smile". She could make the nastiest, meanest, grumpiest person pleasant just by being calm, polite, and friendly. They were like butter in her hands. She'd had a lot of practice with my dad, lol.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
My daughter and I got one of those "gold" paper fastpasses at DHS our first visit. We got to the park just before 11AM and headed for the board to check both FP availability and wait times. I commented that all the FP for TSM were gone and we'd have to wait to ride it another time. The CM standing nearby overheard my comment and asked if we'd ever ridden the ride. I told her no, it was our first visit to DHS and all my WDW friends had told me we needed to ride it. I said we were okay, it's really a kid's ride and we can try again our next trip. She took us over to that little counter they had near the old chalkboard and handed us two of the all day FP good for any ride. I was stunned...and thanked her profusely. I hadn't complained, was just commenting that we needed to get to the park earlier (more for my daughter's benefit - a morning person she is NOT!) if we wanted a FP to a very popular ride.

Another of my dear late mother's sayings was that old "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar" and she always included "and make sure you smile". She could make the nastiest, meanest, grumpiest person pleasant just by being calm, polite, and friendly. They were like butter in her hands. She'd had a lot of practice with my dad, lol.
We had one of those issued to us in Memento Mori last visit. We each had one of the ghostly portraits done and were waiting quietly for the picture to arrive. After about 10-15 mins (we had no idea how quick they develop them) a CM came and asked us what we were waiting for. When we explained we got a free pass for any ride and the phot's expedited.

RSoxNo1

It definitely seems that DisBoards is white washing their forums of these discussions. They removed a 144 page thread and just locked a 100 page thread after deleting several posts. I had a comment deleted that questioned some of the exploitation practices within the last 24 hours, and I see several other posts missing that weren't mine.

I'm curious if @wdwmagic has been given similar instructions to curb these discussions.

RobbinsDad

True enough.
But it serves the point that FP are given away fairly frequently, even in the new system. I suppose it doesn't cost Disney anything and it goes a long way with guests.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Original Poster
It definitely seems that DisBoards is white washing their forums of these discussions. They removed a 144 page thread and just locked a 100 page thread after deleting several posts. I had a comment deleted that questioned some of the exploitation practices within the last 24 hours, and I see several other posts missing that weren't mine.

I'm curious if @wdwmagic has been given similar instructions to curb these discussions.

I can understand scrubbing discussions of the "hey, guys, I just found a way to get around xxxx and this is step by step how to do it...make sure to pass it on", but honest discussions about why something is being changed due to cheating, what and how it happened and could the change impact innocent guests because of bugs that need to be ironed out perfectly okay. Until several explain how SDFP selection worked at the kiosks and the lack of verification with park entry, I was puzzled. And I was gobsmacked at the length people went to to cheat...purchasing an extra ticket, making a one night resort reservation, paying an exorbitant fee for a "tour guide", all for a few extra fastpasses. But then, that's the same mentality that paid disabled people to get to the head of the line under GAC...

*shakes head*

Malrora73

Wow! I can't believe how ungrateful some people are. The reason the Fastpass system was created in the first place was to make the parks more enjoyable for the guests because before it was in place you literally had to wait two to three hours just to get on one of the more popular attractions everyday. Then you have to wait around two hours just to get a good spot for parades or fireworks. This way you are guaranteed a way to get on at least three attractions without waiting in line for hours meaning you have more time to get on other attractions and experience more. This way you may have an hour and a half to spend on a nice dinner at a nice restaurant with your family. There are far more positive aspects to the fast pass systems that people seem to take for granted more and more while they focus even more intently on the negative aspects. There are some families who save for 10 years to be able to come to the parks and it for those people especially that the fast pass system was put in place so they would be able to do more. I hate this attitude of me, me, me that most people seem to have.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom