WDW To Enforce FP+ Rules

Colter

That's basically what I was told. When I stopped by the Poly check-in desk last month to get my room number as I'd not received the text yet, the CM commented on the lonnnnng list of MBs in my MDE account and remarked that it was smart of me to deactivate most of them, since having that many bands active causes issues. And now that they've upgraded to the new readers, I had to basically redo the band I was wearing.
Good to know, my sixty day window is tonight at midnight...think I will deactivate the previous three years of bands

drizgirl

So they're buying extra park tickets just for FPs? That can't be right. I'm missing something.
What has happened up until now is that they bought a set of extra tickets and just let them sit in their account for fastpasses. They didn't use that set of tickets for park entry and were able to use that one set of tickets over and over and over for FP on different trips without ever using the park entry benefits. If those tickets no longer work for extra FP they will now just use them on a future trip for park entry. Lots of gain with no loss.

All I heard that got addressed yesterday was the ability to get same day FPs with unticketed bands. Honestly, I don't think that was ever a huge issue since those were pulled from inventory that had been picked over already for 60 days. Those were not high demand FPs.

No word at all on whether they closed the loophole on requiring a band to be used for park entry before you could use it for FP. Those are the accounts that were getting extra FPs at 60 days out. Those are what people were using to ride both Pandora rides in one day by FP. I still think there's a chance Disney hasn't figured out a reliable way to do that and was just making empty threats (which would be pretty silly given the prevalence of social media).

And it appears from what I read elsewhere that there is still a workaround still functioning.

So lots and lots of bluster, but not much real fix from what I've seen so far.

tomu570

No, the rules were not the same with paper FP because that would have been impossible. It doesn't matter how you personally see it, you agree to Disney's terms of service when you enter the park. People using SDFP are nothing more than thieves. They were taking something that they were not entitled to take without payment.

There is nothing in the ToS that prohibit a guest from purchasing a new MagicBand from a retail location inside the park, opening the package and proceeding to a kiosk to link FastPass+ entitlements. It's not stealing. It's called being creative.

Kingoglow

Some people actually want to sleep in those campsites?

Typically, in-state AP holders will book a campsite for $30-$60 so that they have access to the Fastpass+ 60 day window if they plan on going to the park during a particularly busy season. They would just never check in.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Original Poster
What has happened up until now is that they bought a set of extra tickets and just let them sit in their account for fastpasses. They didn't use that set of tickets for park entry and were able to use that one set of tickets over and over and over for FP on different trips without ever using the park entry benefits. If those tickets no longer work for extra FP they will now just use them on a future trip for park entry. Lots of gain with no loss.

All I heard that got addressed yesterday was the ability to get same day FPs with unticketed bands. Honestly, I don't think that was ever a huge issue since those were pulled from inventory that had been picked over already for 60 days. Those were not high demand FPs.

No word at all on whether they closed the loophole on requiring a band to be used for park entry before you could use it for FP. Those are the accounts that were getting extra FPs at 60 days out. Those are what people were using to ride both Pandora rides in one day by FP. I still think there's a chance Disney hasn't figured out a reliable way to do that and was just making empty threats (which would be pretty silly given the prevalence of social media).

And it appears from what I read elsewhere that there is still a workaround still functioning.

So lots and lots of bluster, but not much real fix from what I've seen so far.

That loophole is also supposed to be closed, according to Disney. If the MB/card you use at the ride FP+ touchpoint wasn't used to enter the park, your FP+ will be declined, i.e., you get blue Mickey instead of green Mickey. I'm assuming the ride CM will send you to GS to resolve? I know messages pop up on their little screen at the FP entry.

drizgirl

There is nothing in the ToS that prohibit a guest from purchasing a new MagicBand from a retail location inside the park, opening the package and proceeding to a kiosk to link FastPass+ entitlements. It's not stealing. It's called being creative.
Apparently that will now only work if they have tickets attached to that band.

drizgirl

That loophole is also supposed to be closed, according to Disney. If the MB/card you use at the ride FP+ touchpoint wasn't used to enter the park, your FP+ will be declined, i.e., you get blue Mickey instead of green Mickey. I'm assuming the ride CM will send you to GS to resolve? I know messages pop up on their little screen at the FP entry.
So I've heard. I'm just saying it could have been all bluster and am waiting to hear some confirmation.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Original Poster

However, the new rules will prevent that.

BRADYSKY

First, if this is a normal and not comped or special event ticket you should be able to upgrade your 2 day pass to a 3 day pass for much less than the cost of an additional 1 day ticket.

Second, if you still decide to go with 2 different tickets, it will use the ticket you used to get into the park that day.
It's a 10 day no expiration pass from a previous trip that she had left over. Do you think we could still add a day to that?

Kingoglow

Because even though they generally turn a blind eye to it, it's technically against the rules.

Q. Can other people use my MagicBand or card?

A. No. Your MagicBand or card is unique to you and only you are authorized to access the benefits associated with it—including linked tickets, FastPass+ experiences, touch-to-pay purchases and other entitlements. Once a MagicBand or card is linked to your Disney account, it cannot be transferred to another person.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/bands-cards/transferring-to-friend/

Thanks for posting this.
The next logically step in cleaning up this mess is is to restrict grandma from sharing her magic band with her family to use on Mine Train. As we have seen today, Disney wont turn a blind eye for long. After all it is not hard to change Grandma's fastpass to Peter Pan (at the 60 day mark) while everyone keeps their Mine Train fastpass.

Anything they can do to shore up the system so that your MDE is for you alone.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer

You should try actually reading the ToS before you comment about it.

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 8.31.58 AM.png

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-experience-terms-conditions/

LAKid53

Premium Member
Original Poster
It's a 10 day no expiration pass from a previous trip that she had left over. Do you think we could still add a day to that?

Didn't I read somewhere that Disney wasn't going to allow you to do that anymore with the no expiration tickets? I'd call just to make sure.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Thanks for posting this.
The next logically step in cleaning up this mess is is to restrict grandma from sharing her magic band with her family to use on Mine Train. As we have seen today, Disney wont turn a blind eye for long. After all it is not hard to change Grandma's fastpass to Peter Pan (at the 60 day mark) while everyone keeps their Mine Train fastpass.

Anything they can do to shore up the system so that your MDE is for you alone.

I personally think it should be OK to use someone's band who is in the park with me to FP+ a ride they no longer want, but I don't make the rules. :)

LAKid53

Premium Member
Original Poster
In other words, people, just play by the rules like the rest of us do. Right now, Disney's just threatening to lock your MDE account and revoke FP privileges. What's to prevent them from cancelling your AP/ticket and refunding the unused balance if after that you continue to violate ToS? As @RustySpork has repeatedly posted, you ARE violating the ToS you've agreed to by purchasing a pass/ticket and using it. And Disney can do what they want in that case. Won't that light up that other forum? ;)

Maybe now some FP for FoP will become available....

Kingoglow

I personally think it should be OK to use someone's band who is in the park with me to FP+ a ride they no longer want, but I don't make the rules. :)

Ya, they don't let us advise them on these things. But by the language that you linked from Disney, that is strictly not allowed and given the current climate of pointing fingers and calling out people who had been abusing the system, I think it would be best not to advise anyone to do this for a while (poor grandma).

Personally, I don't care what people do. There was a system in place. At some point someone figured out that you could buy a holiday party ticket and access the fastpass system seperate from their normal account. They got to have fun with their family in their own way (similar to the grandma example above). But today we call them out as cheaters and hackers; which is hilarious because we are talking about people just taking a vacation from work.

Disney should just close the entire loophole on this whole thing and use biometric finger prints (or ID cards for small children) to access Fastpasses.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Original Poster

I would agree. But if Disney's now going to enforce their rule, then they should allow you, through the app or kiosk, to transfer that FP that would be wasted to another guest in the party for the FP in question. How many people really think about cancelling a FP they're not going to use, especially if they are leaving the park and returning to their resort? I don't....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom