WDW To Enforce FP+ Rules

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Original Poster
That's what we've become as a society. We complain and cause a stir until we get our way (I don't, just remarking what I've noticed). And they know companies will give in for fear of it getting out on social media or making someone look bad.

Then that's on the company allowing social media posters so much power. Ignore them. If they threaten not to patronize the company and tell their friends, let them. I'm sure a couple of thousand entitled social media complainers won't be missed at Disney....the rest of us will enjoy the less crowded parks!

One reason why I don't have Facebook, Twitter or any other social media accounts. WDWMagic is as close as I get to social media....

Kman101

Then that's on the company allowing social media posters so much power. Ignore them. If they threaten not to patronize the company and tell their friends, let them. I'm sure a couple of thousand entitled social media complainers won't be missed at Disney....the rest of us will enjoy the less crowded parks!

One reason why I don't have Facebook, Twitter or any other social media accounts. WDWMagic is as close as I get to social media....

I don't post on Twitter but have an account to follow people. Facebook and Twitter comments are honestly something else. Some people are very out there. It's quite ... interesting.

Kman101

My biggest issue with fastpass is how Disney puts the priority for FP ahead of the standby when it doesn't have to or to such an extent. The biggest culprit of this is Space Mountain. If you are going to make an entire half of the ride exclusive to FP riders then you shouldn't send the FP riders into the standby line, which they routinely do. This just makes the standby line wait even longer. That, to me, isn't fair.

I don't love this either.

And with a lot of standby lines they more or less hold the line to let FP holders go by.

peter11435

My biggest issue with fastpass is how Disney puts the priority for FP ahead of the standby when it doesn't have to or to such an extent. The biggest culprit of this is Space Mountain. If you are going to make an entire half of the ride exclusive to FP riders then you shouldn't send the FP riders into the standby line, which they routinely do. This just makes the standby line wait even longer. That, to me, isn't fair.
Fastpass is the priority. Standby is just that, standing by. The cast have ratios to follow that change based on the amount of Fastpass demand at any given time. At space mountain neither side is exclusive to either Fastpass or standby.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I was telling a CM when they implemented the new system that if you wanted to ride something a few times yourself you could just make a FP reservation for people in your party who actually don't want to ride and then just switch magic bands with them and walk through with their bands but would probably get in trouble for it. The ones I talked to about it then laughed and said "yeah we know you can do that because we do it with our friends". There will always be loopholes in things. My question is how did these people even accomplish this? Were they just like hackers or something?

JeffBostock

I read this several times and still not completely clear. Guests have the ability to move FP from one person to another? Loophole or well documented feature?

IMO if this is true, there should be no such ability. Once a FP is booked for a guest, there should be three options...keep the FP and use it, keep the FP and don't use it, or cancel it, so someone else can use it.

I'd still rather get to the parks early and chase paper FP, then do this ridiculously detailed planning months prior to trip.

It'll definitely let you move a FP from one person to another. No loophole, MDE allows you to change your FP party. I had no clue until last week (and I've had an AP for a few years now) that it would let you do this the day of your visit.

My father and his GF joined my son and I on a trip last week. We couldn't get all FPs together because it was a last minute decision on his part to join us (he lives just 2 hrs away). They decided to leave the park early one day to go eat dinner and had an unused FP left for later that evening. I went in to MDE to cancel their FPs so somebody else could benefit from the additional FPs and noticed the ability to change your FP party and I selected my name and my son's and it moved their FPs over to us. Now I had already used all 3 of my initial FPs for that day so maybe that's why MDE allowed it, because you can get a 4th FP after your initial 3 are used.

Not so sure that the system would allow 3 FPs to be moved from one person to another in the same day of the visit.

RSoxNo1

I was telling a CM when they implemented the new system that if you wanted to ride something a few times yourself you could just make a FP reservation for people in your party who actually don't want to ride and then just switch magic bands with them and walk through with their bands but would probably get in trouble for it. The ones I talked to about it then laughed and said "yeah we know you can do that because we do it with our friends". There will always be loopholes in things. My question is how did these people even accomplish this? Were they just like hackers or something?
I really don't think that's a problem at all. At DHS for example, my wife won't ride Star Tours. Sometimes I'll ride it twice in a row, once with my FP and once with hers.

peter11435

You can add or delete guests on a fastpass. However, that may change the FP time if you are adding someone.
You can also change who a Fastpass is assigned to. This will not change the time.

For example if I have a Fastpass for myself for Flight of Passes for 9:00-10:00 tonight. I can transfer that Fastpass to my wife for the exact same time. It doesn't matter if the time is still available for others to book. As long as I have the selection made I can transfer it to anyone I am linked to. As long as the total number of guests booked on your Fastpass is not increasing it will not change the time of your selection.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Original Poster
You can also change who a Fastpass is assigned to. This will not change the time.

For example if I have a Fastpass for myself for Flight of Passes for 9:00-10:00 tonight. I can transfer that Fastpass to my wife for the exact same time. It doesn't matter if the time is still available for others to book. As long as I have the selection made I can transfer it to anyone I am linked to. As long as the total number of guests booked on your Fastpass is not increasing it will not change the time of your selection.

Whenever I've made changes to the party, I had to select new times. I must be doing something incorrect.

peter11435

Whenever I've made changes to the party, I had to select new times. I must be doing something incorrect.
Only if you add guests to the party. If you remove one for each one you add you will not need to change your time. Simply open the Fastpass, select change party, deselect whoever you want to remove then scroll down and select whoever you want to add. Save changes and you're all set. As long as you have not increased the total party size you will keep your time.

You can do this without keeping any guests the same. You could book a Fastpass for guests A and B and then transfer them to guests C and D with no issues.

Lets Respect

Seriously? You complained about something, they give you FPs to everything but 7DMT and then you have the temerity to complain about THAT?!

If I had an issue, I'd be satisfied if they resolved my concern. Any fastpasses would be icing on the cake...and I'd never dare to say, "waaaw, that's not enough"

Man.... :rolleyes:

You don't know what the issue was. It was an issue that could only be resolved with FPs to Mine Train ;)

Actually I said "No Mine Train?" and he said "Would you like some free ice cream?" and I said "I would"

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
You don't know what the issue was. It was an issue that could only be resolved with FPs to Mine Train ;)

Actually I said "No Mine Train?" and he said "Would you like some free ice cream?" and I said "I would"

Sounds like the issue was that you couldn't get an FP for Mine Train and also wanted ice cream. :joyfull:

Man I love Disney. I've been reading threads for probably about three or so years and finally decided to make an account today. You all post great information and normally have some of the greatest info and rumors concerning Disney world and all the wonderful things that it encompasses. But seriously 75% of you all complain about the most unnecessary inconveniences known to man. Come one guys. This a website about DISNEY WORLD. Lighten up a little!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom