WDW To Enforce FP+ Rules

Jeffxz

When you say "Green FP+ cards" do you mean RFID ticket cards? That is what we used on our trip last month wince we didn't want to buy Magic Bands.

This is the card I was referring to:

IMG_1976.JPG

FigmentJedi

They should make the system a little smarter in terms of knowing which ticket cards you're using while they're at it.

Had to take a trip to Guest Relations to get things sorted out on the second day because while my Dad used his One Day Magic Kingdom ticket on the first day, the system took it as being the One Day Parkhopper for his second day (For whatever reason our AAA office doesn't sell Two Day Disney Tickets anymore) because of how the My Disney Experience app's weird "Ticket Prioritization System" works and me not realizing that the Hopper had taken said priority slot.

Daveeeeed

Something tells me they are initially going to be very lenient as tons of people will be mistakenly "accused" as they still have to tinker it. Just wait until everything is pretty much 100% fixed, then we'll know how many people are still doing it.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
The discussion on that other site has been deleted due to violation of ToS. I actually found a post that gave detailed instructions on cheating the system. It even told how to set up a phantom profile in your MDE account with attached extra tickets.

Some people.....

That other site which shall not be named just hit everyone on that discussion with a "terms of service" warning. I guess the Mouse whispered sweet nothings into thier ears.

Uncle Lupe

Should have been done a long time ago. If you get caught and are locked out of MDE or lose Fastpass+, no sympathy from me.

Is the one day reservation loophole fixed? Booking a throwaway reservation but staying offsite for your stay just to get the 60 day window for the entire trip.

Cosmic Commando

Well some actually do. Not really camping when you have ac units and cots. Less expensive and quieter than cheer central.
There's also cable TV in every campsite... it's still camping, though. If you want the rustic stuff, there's a group camping area without any amenities other than a nearby comfort station.

monykalyn

I opted for GS - that's when I discovered that you should have no more than 4 or 5 MB active on your MDE account.
Seriously? so getting bands for several trips will set that off?

Using a never used ticket would double your admission price to Disney. I doubt even Disney would have a problem with that. They'd probably roll out the red carpet for anyone who wanted to purchase multiple tickets for each day.
Yeah-if you want to shell out extra money for tickets-isn't this just a version of "paid" FP+?

I meant the physical ticket media. I'm an AP - I can either use my AP card or MB to enter the parks. I've never used my current card to enter, so theoretically, I could give the card to someone else to enter one park while I'm at another. Same would apply to any MB I've not activated.

I think the photo is the best option, and I would agree that it should have to be added by a CM, and not be changeable by the guest, as you stated.
So I get FP+ for my family of 5, only 3 of us want to ride RnR coaster on that day (prebooked)-why can't we just switch bands so 2 more of our party can ride? We used the ticket for media, already booked per the "rules" etc.

That it the way it happens at Universal (they actually have separate Child Swap "rooms" near the load platforms of many bigger rides... quite nice rooms actually with changing stations, TVs, sometimes play areas... everyone waits through the line, then when it's time to ride, part of the group rides while everyone else waits in the child swap room, then, when the first group is done, they swap out and the second group immediately rides
Uni actually has it ALL OVER disney with child swap!!! Way way way better system. And the rooms to wait in with anxious/antsy toddlers-way way better than hanging outside in elements!

You add extra people to your reservation - phantoms. They are linked to you in MDE but you pretend they are with you. You booked them fps in advance and because they would get bands, you could use their bands in the park.
can ONLY book in advance IF they have active/current tickets. Period. this has never been different.

Did anyone else read the insane thread on a competing board? Booking campsites and buying multiple APs to get more fastpasses?! I'm honestly glad that Disney is threatening account shutdowns.
Think this was referring more to the "unoffical tour guides" who were doing this. But not like AP's are cheap.

You could literally have 50 AP friends on the MDE site/app, and all 50 of them would be eligible to book FPs at 60 days for the grand total of $39. They DON'T need to be physically listed on the reservation. That seems like abuse to me.
Only for same day Fast pass booking and how many of you have actually seen anyone pull out baggies of MB at a kiosk? I think the bloggers perception of this is way way waaaaaaayyyy overblown by how many people actually did this.

What about when members of your party have a fastpass and dont want to ride,will they stop you from using their magic band to ride again.
Hope not as legitimate ticket media has been used to enter the park-which is what the Disney ToS says..

And how many on these (and other boards) used to talk about using FP at Disneyland (super users prior to parks being linked) or working the system with legacy FP? Awful lot of judgement for people who probably have worked a system to their knowledge in the past (Disney or otherwise)...

Would be easy enough to close "loophole" on campsites by requiring physical checkin and activation of bands per person prior to use if over say-5 people per site. Or if room/site cancelled prior to checkin then MB are disabled. But if people want to book a night anywhere onsite, pay for it, not cancel but not use-why would anybody care? Disney is still getting the money, and users are within ToS per Disney. Again-a version of "paid" FP with advance booking.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
So I get FP+ for my family of 5, only 3 of us want to ride RnR coaster on that day (prebooked)-why can't we just switch bands so 2 more of our party can ride? We used the ticket for media, already booked per the "rules" etc.

Because even though they generally turn a blind eye to it, it's technically against the rules.

Q. Can other people use my MagicBand or card?

A. No. Your MagicBand or card is unique to you and only you are authorized to access the benefits associated with it—including linked tickets, FastPass+ experiences, touch-to-pay purchases and other entitlements. Once a MagicBand or card is linked to your Disney account, it cannot be transferred to another person.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/bands-cards/transferring-to-friend/

monykalyn

Because even though they generally turn a blind eye to it, it's technically against the rules.

A. No. Your MagicBand or card is unique to you and only you are authorized to access the benefits associated with it—including linked tickets, FastPass+ experiences, touch-to-pay purchases and other entitlements. Once a MagicBand or card is linked to your Disney account, it cannot be transferred to another person.

Were these the same rules with paper FP? Genuinely asking as I think we only went once during that period. So people handing out their "extra" paper passes at end of day (had to have the used for entry ticket ) were all breaking the rules? Don't see this as any different. FP legally obtained, accounted for, just used by someone else also legally in park etc. In no way are these "extra".
How many on these boards have lamented the loss of paper FP (and being able to make "magic") and giving out legacy FP but are absolutely condemning the SDFP users? Or even the above situation?

Rider

What about when members of your party have a fastpass and dont want to ride,will they stop you from using their magic band to ride again.
Not if those family members have entered the park that day. But if they stay at the hotel that day and give you their band you won't be able to use it.

I am Timmy

However, the finger biometric scanner wouldn't work, unless it was a never used pass/ticket/magicband.

I'm expecting, in the future, that our photo will be tied to our MDE account. We won't be able to see it, but a CM will. I know that currently if your MB didn't work at the entry points after several attempts, a CM with a tablet would ask to either take your photo or send you to GS...at least that was my experience. I opted for GS - that's when I discovered that you should have no more than 4 or 5 MB active on your MDE account.
They take a picture for the DAS program now, they didn't use to. So the pic of the person using DAS comes up, and they need to be with you for the FP time. perhaps they will begin doing this for everyone.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Original Poster
However, the finger biometric scanner wouldn't work, unless it was a never used pass/ticket/magicband.

I'm expecting, in the future, that our photo will be tied to our MDE account. We won't be able to see it, but a CM will. I know that currently if your MB didn't work at the entry points after several attempts, a CM with a tablet would ask to either take your photo or send you to GS...at least that was my experience. I opted for GS - that's when I discovered that you should have no more than 4 or 5 MB active on your MDE account.

Seriously? so getting bands for several trips will set that off?

Apparently, have more than 4 or 5 active magicbands in your MDE account can confuse the system - park entry, room access, etc. I have probably close to 60, most are from resort reservations before Disney added the decline option. I just deactivated all of those, all of my old AP bands and any that I've purchased that I don't use on a regular basis. It's not that difficult to activate/deactivate a MB. I'm appreciative that someone in GS told me having 25 active bands might be an issue. It got so bad one time, a manager at the resort I was staying at took nearly 30 minutes to get the band I was using (my AP band) and had used my trip just 2 months prior, to function properly.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Were these the same rules with paper FP? Genuinely asking as I think we only went once during that period. So people handing out their "extra" paper passes at end of day (had to have the used for entry ticket ) were all breaking the rules? Don't see this as any different. FP legally obtained, accounted for, just used by someone else also legally in park etc. In no way are these "extra".
How many on these boards have lamented the loss of paper FP (and being able to make "magic") and giving out legacy FP but are absolutely condemning the SDFP users? Or even the above situation?

No, the rules were not the same with paper FP because that would have been impossible. It doesn't matter how you personally see it, you agree to Disney's terms of service when you enter the park. People using SDFP are nothing more than thieves. They were taking something that they were not entitled to take without payment.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Original Poster

It can, but it has to be done at GS. I purchased 3 MNSSHP bands the first year they were offered at the party. Back then, the CM would link all the bands to the purchaser's MDE, even if you didn't want it done. The other two bands were for my daughter and her then boyfriend (now husband). Our next joint trip, we visited GS in MK - the one that used to be next to Tony's that's now Memory Maker, because that was the GS they sent people to with MB/MDE issues. It took nearly an hour, but the guy unlinked the extra bands from my account and linked one each to theirs. It's not an issue any more because CMs don't link a purchased band unless you ask them to.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer

Apparently, have more than 4 or 5 active magicbands in your MDE account can confuse the system - park entry, room access, etc. I have probably close to 60, most are from resort reservations before Disney added the decline option. I just deactivated all of those, all of my old AP bands and any that I've purchased that I don't use on a regular basis. It's not that difficult to activate/deactivate a MB. I'm appreciative that someone in GS told me having 25 active bands might be an issue. It got so bad one time, a manager at the resort I was staying at took nearly 30 minutes to get the band I was using (my AP band) and had used my trip just 2 months prior, to function properly.

Sounds like it probably messes with the stored procedure somehow.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sounds like it probably messes with the stored procedure somehow.

That's basically what I was told. When I stopped by the Poly check-in desk last month to get my room number as I'd not received the text yet, the CM commented on the lonnnnng list of MBs in my MDE account and remarked that it was smart of me to deactivate most of them, since having that many bands active causes issues. And now that they've upgraded to the new readers, I had to basically redo the band I was wearing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom