WDW To Enforce FP+ Rules

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Original Poster
For those of you who are social media gurus (this forum is about as close to social media as I get), can you please update us with what you see on Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms? As someone who regularly enters an attraction close to the end of the FP window, I sure don't want to get that message and then have to trudge over to GS, missing my window. I'm concerned that the reason @Master Yoda mentioned they turned off the verification when implementing FP+ may crop up...and with my luck, I'll be stopped.

BRADYSKY

My wife has a 2 day no expiration pass that we are going to use on our August trip and then we are buying a 1 day pass for our third day. How will the system no which pass to assign on a paticular day?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My wife has a 2 day no expiration pass that we are going to use on our August trip and then we are buying a 1 day pass for our third day. How will the system no which pass to assign on a paticular day?
First, if this is a normal and not comped or special event ticket you should be able to upgrade your 2 day pass to a 3 day pass for much less than the cost of an additional 1 day ticket.

Second, if you still decide to go with 2 different tickets, it will use the ticket you used to get into the park that day.

rct247

For those of you who are social media gurus (this forum is about as close to social media as I get), can you please update us with what you see on Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms? As someone who regularly enters an attraction close to the end of the FP window, I sure don't want to get that message and then have to trudge over to GS, missing my window. I'm concerned that the reason @Master Yoda mentioned they turned off the verification when implementing FP+ may crop up...and with my luck, I'll be stopped.

Arriving too early or too late shouldn't trigger a locked account. It's only if you made a Fastpass selection on ticket, but the ticket didn't "enter" the park. Even then, it may not even prevent you from using it, but once you do use it, it will then trigger the lock.

RSoxNo1

This was a glitch that existed during the paper Fastpass days as well. I'm glad they're closing it, but I also think "locking accounts" is going to be more trouble than it's worth unless it's after so many failed attempts.

This also doesn't change the fact that advanced bookings are a problem. Drop it to 1 advanced, 1 day of and allow both to be revolving. That can also allow the removal of Fastpass+ where it's unnecessary (shows, high capacity rides on many days of the year, most b-tickets).

LAKid53

Premium Member
Original Poster
Arriving too early or too late shouldn't trigger a locked account. It's only if you made a Fastpass selection on ticket, but the ticket didn't "enter" the park. Even then, it may not even prevent you from using it, but once you do use it, it will then trigger the lock.

I think you misread my post. My concern was getting locked out due to verification problems with entry ticket... and then missing the FP window because I arrived 5 minutes before the window closed and had to get the verification problem between entry ticket and FP+ touch point resolved at GS.

Go back and find @Master Yoda's post where he talked about the verification problems between park entry tickets and the old paper fastpass system. And his conclusion was that Disney turned this off when FP+ was implemented because of that prior issue. And now because they've discovered some folks hacking the FP+ selection process and will turn this feature on, that old problem may happen again to guests... and you won't know until you get to the ride. Which means a visit to GS if the CM can't or isn't authorized to resolve it at the ride.

rct247

I think you misread my post. My concern was getting locked out due to verification problems with entry ticket... and then missing the FP window because I arrived 5 minutes before the window closed and had to get the verification problem between entry ticket and FP+ touch point resolved at GS.

Go back and find @Master Yoda's post where he talked about the verification problems between park entry tickets and the old paper fastpass system. And his conclusion was that Disney turned this off when FP+ was implemented because of that prior issue. And now because they've discovered some folks hacking the FP+ selection process and will turn this feature on, that old problem may happen again to guests... and you won't know until you get to the ride. Which means a visit to GS if the CM can't or isn't authorized to resolve it at the ride.

The lock won't happen until the end of the day. So if it gets fixed after you ride, I wouldn't think you would have any issue.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Original Poster
This was a glitch that existed during the paper Fastpass days as well. I'm glad they're closing it, but I also think "locking accounts" is going to be more trouble than it's worth unless it's after so many failed attempts.

This also doesn't change the fact that advanced bookings are a problem. Drop it to 1 advanced, 1 day of and allow both to be revolving. That can also allow the removal of Fastpass+ where it's unnecessary (shows, high capacity rides on many days of the year, most b-tickets).

I thought the old legacy system 2.0 fixed this so that verification between park ticket entry and fastpass did occur.

I agree, MDE accounts shouldn't be automatically locked due to one fail, given the historical issue with verification. Another failure after that the same day, lock account to send guest to GS to determine what the issue is. Any problems after that, lower the boom and revoke FP privileges, as the Disney statement said they would do.

disneygeek90

I would hope they would have it figured out with a second implementation. I'm sure if you did have to go to GS to get it resolved, they would still get you on your FP, whether it be a GS FP or the like.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Original Poster
The lock won't happen until the end of the day. So if it gets fixed after you ride, I wouldn't think you would have any issue.

But am I going to have to visit GS or can the ride CM fix it? That's my question.

disneygeek90

But am I going to have to visit GS or can the ride CM fix it? That's my question.
Obviously we wouldn't know that until it happens live. But I'm not sure why you're assuming failure. Maybe you show your ID and if it matches with your band they'll let you through, as you're obviously in the park.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Original Poster
Obviously we wouldn't know that until it happens live. But I'm not sure why you're assuming failure. Maybe you show your ID and if it matches with your band they'll let you through, as you're obviously in the park.

I've had issues at the FP touchpoints, the most recent in April. The reader showed I had no FP left and I had to show the CM the FP selection in my MDE account before he'd let me through. Murphy's Law follows me where ever I go, it seems. But I'm not returning until August, so whatever problems occur with today's implementation should be resolved by then.

May wander over to that other site and see what the chatter is. Probably scorching...

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I've had issues at the FP touchpoints, the most recent in April. The reader showed I had no FP left and I had to show the CM the FP selection in my MDE account before he'd let me through. Murphy's Law follows me where ever I go, it seems. But I'm not returning until August, so whatever problems occur with today's implementation should be resolved by then.

May wander over to that other site and see what the chatter is. Probably scorching...

I try to always have screenshots of my selections handy just incase.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Original Poster
I try to always have screenshots of my selections handy just incase.

I've thought about that, but I'd get the CM who would say, "but you could have taken that yesterday and changed it. How do I know it's real?" So I just pull it up on my phone via the app.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I've thought about that, but I'd get the CM who would say, "but you could have taken that yesterday and changed it. How do I know it's real?" So I just pull it up on my phone via the app.

"Nope, it's photoshopped but I did it today." :hilarious:

You've got a point there though. I haven't had much trouble with CMs, but my FP+ interactions have been pretty reliable.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Original Poster
The discussion on that other site has been deleted due to violation of ToS. I actually found a post that gave detailed instructions on cheating the system. It even told how to set up a phantom profile in your MDE account with attached extra tickets.

Some people.....

becca_

So they're buying extra park tickets just for FPs? That can't be right. I'm missing something.
That's what I read on other boards. I don't know who would spend money to get more FPs, just to risk not being able to have any more FPs.... I don't understand the using "dead" magic bands either.. Why don't people just play by the rules?!

Jeffxz

if you had to go to guest services and it was a mistake on Disney's end the guest services cast have the ability to add a "Gold/Wildcard" FP to your account to make up for it. In a worst case scenario they can also manually write up fast passes that can be used on specific attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom