WDW To Enforce FP+ Rules

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Yes, before yesterday you could use any magicband that wasnt linked to the admission media you used for park entry to make a same day FP+ . That loophole was closed.

Phantoms (either bogus people in your MDE party, or AP holders that will not pass the turnstiles into a park that day) are another source of FP+ abuse.

I love the shut down their account aspect of this, not only would it stop the bad behavior, but it would also render all of their magic bands worthless since they can't be transferred.

Kingoglow

Did anyone else read the insane thread on a competing board? Booking campsites and buying multiple APs to get more fastpasses?! I'm honestly glad that Disney is threatening account shutdowns.

I find it perfectly acceptable for anyone (especially AP holders) to book and pay for a campsite in order to have access to the 60-day Fastpass window. That is not a loophole.

Viget

I find it perfectly acceptable for anyone (especially AP holders) to book and pay for a campsite in order to have access to the 60-day Fastpass window. That is not a loophole.

Ok, fine, but isn't the problem when the app doesn't limit the number of hangers-on that can also get FPs? Because it doesn't.

You could literally have 50 AP friends on the MDE site/app, and all 50 of them would be eligible to book FPs at 60 days for the grand total of $39. They DON'T need to be physically listed on the reservation. That seems like abuse to me.

At least with hotel rooms, you can only have so many people in a room.

Viget

Honestly I wonder if one of the reasons for this is that TDO is realizing they are running out of FPs in Pandora much faster than the number of predicted guests would otherwise suggest. I mean they probably know now with some degree of confidence exactly how many individual guests will visit each day, and how many would be resort vs. non-resort, so they must know to some precision when in the booking windows they SHOULD run out of FPs, and I'd guess it's happening a lot sooner than they expect!

PrincessRachelT

It's totally fine if you pay for it, but some use it as a burner room. They pay for it, get what they want out of it (fastpasses at 60 days, or dining reservations 180+10 days out) and then cancel the site. Not all do it that way, but some do, which isn't right.

Delgado

Frankly I'm surprised that anyone is surprised this loophole has existed for several years now. It's not uncommon to see someone pull out a zip lock bag with multiple MB's in it, fishing around for one to use at a tap-style in full view of the CM's. The practice has simply become so widespread that it must be impacting FP distribution in a big way and WDW is being forced to deal with it.
I have seen it a couple times and wondered why they would have that many. It seems stupid to me that Disney didn't have the fp linked to admission. That just made sense to me. Kudos to those that realized this I suppose, they must have really felt the need to get their money's worth but to hell with everyone else.

Delgado

However, the finger biometric scanner wouldn't work, unless it was a never used pass/ticket/magicband.

I'm expecting, in the future, that our photo will be tied to our MDE account. We won't be able to see it, but a CM will. I know that currently if your MB didn't work at the entry points after several attempts, a CM with a tablet would ask to either take your photo or send you to GS...at least that was my experience. I opted for GS - that's when I discovered that you should have no more than 4 or 5 MB active on your MDE account.
4 or 5! Oh my gosh I didn't know that I have about ten!!! Whoops.

Delgado

I wonder if they will do something to stop the FastPass + Child Swap loophole... I mean, I'm okay with some people in the group getting to re-ride if you have to split the group up due to Child Swap reasons, but if you're going to enter through the FastPass line, I think everyone who is riding should need to have a FastPass for their first ride on the attraction...
if there's a family of four, mom dad, brother, and sister...sister won't ride space mountain so mom gets a fastpass to ride he teacups with sister and dad and brother have a fastpasses to ride space and get child swap, you don't think mom should get to ride space mountain with a child swap with brother ???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom