WDW To Enforce FP+ Rules

djkidkaz

I'm curious if anyone has tried this today and been shut down? I'm sure someone on Twitter somewhere gave it a try just to see what happened and make a blog post about it.

Jeffxz

When you say "Green FP+ cards" do you mean RFID ticket cards? That is what we used on our trip last month wince we didn't want to buy Magic Bands.

I'm not sure if they use them as tickets or not, they seem to be just general usage rfid cards. I can't find any pictures of them on Google, but I have a few at home. I'll upload a picture later tonight.

FullSailDan

I'm surprised it took them this long to clamp down. VIP tours took a HUGE hit in business because local tour companies were abusing the hell out of the system. They bought a few dozen tickets, loaded them up with fastpasses for each tour day, and then never used them for park entry so they never "expired". I'm curious if they will now just hire people to get AP's, go through the turn style every day, and hand over the MB/Ticket to the guide. Seems like a lot of hassle. Ultimately, I'm pretty sure Disney made this change not because of rampant abuse, but a loss revenue.(And I don't blame them!) Thinning out FP lanes is a nice guest satisfaction benefit though!

Viget

This begs another question... it appears they are enforcing against the usage of non-gate admission media-linked FP+ (NGAMLFP+?) at the point of the FP+ queue entry, but are they enforcing against the selection of FP+ in the first place on MDE?

For example, I had no idea that old expired tickets could even be used as "valid admission media" for purposes of making FP+ selections. Even if they're stopping people from using those illicit NGAMLFP+s in the park, that's not stopping people from trying to make the FP reservation in the first place. So there could be an artificial scarcity of FPs at the 30 day window because of this.

Can't the MDE website/app "see" that you don't have any valid admission media for the day you want to ride and thereby deny you FP+ selections? I would think that would be easy to program.

nickys

Premium Member
So it sounds like that the day users are totally abusing the system. I don't understand how someone could use non active MB. So with this loop hole, I go back to WDW. I already have 6 MB. the three I get from booking and the three custom ones I got at the park. So we go back get three more, and link the old one to the account and I could have 27 fast passes?.

No, not the way you described at least. I don't pretend to understand it totally but it seems there are 2 main ways people used to cheat the system:

1. You had to have magic bands that were NEVER linked to your MDE profile. Old bands you'd used are all linked to you so you needed to have another fake or separate profile, or buy bands off someone else. Then you used the kiosks to make fps.

2. You add extra people to your reservation - phantoms. They are linked to you in MDE but you pretend they are with you. You booked them fps in advance and because they would get bands, you could use their bands in the park.

Now they have found some way to cheat by transferring fps from these same fake guests to real guests. Maybe!

rob0519

All NexGen development is done locally in celebration. I used to work just down the hall from them.
Always nice to hear there at still some IT jobs here. Are they Disney employees or Contract Employees? Many companies have hundreds of contract employees provided by offshore partners working in U.S. locations after laying off their own people.

disneygeek90

Now they have found some way to cheat by transferring fps from these same fake guests to real guests. Maybe!

Don’t you need a valid ticket in order to add people to FP+? I’ve sometimes been unable to add my friends to a FP because they had yet to buy a park ticket.

Jedi Stitch

No, not the way you described at least. I don't pretend to understand it totally but it seems there are 2 main ways people used to cheat the system:

1. You had to have magic bands that were NEVER linked to your MDE profile. Old bands you'd used are all linked to you so you needed to have another fake or separate profile, or buy bands off someone else. Then you used the kiosks to make fps.

2. You add extra people to your reservation - phantoms. They are linked to you in MDE but you pretend they are with you. You booked them fps in advance and because they would get bands, you could use their bands in the park.

That is even more messed up than the way I thought it worked. Thanks for the update. Either way, it Fart Tards like them and line jumpers who can kill the magic.

nickys

Premium Member
Don’t you need a valid ticket in order to add people to FP+? I’ve sometimes been unable to add my friends to a FP because they had yet to buy a park ticket.

Yes I think you do.

But the someone has just mentioned expired tickets can be used? I think this is one of the links I was failing to understand lol! So they have a 4 day tickets they have never used, assign it to say their sister, b-I-l and niece and borrow their bands. Because the ticket isn't used to enter a park, it remains active. But the fps attached to it were good to use. Or just use totally fake names and reassign the tickets to them.

TBH, I'm lost trying to get my head round it. I just tried to get the gist of what they were talking about. I'd never even heard of this happening, apart from seeing people say they would link a party ticket to a second version of themselves to get extra fps.

It's the outrage on that board that gets me. And the mods are also saying "if you question the morality of this, we will ban you". Really? :eek:

Viget

Well the phantom guests could all be real friends of yours who have APs who aren't going to the parks that day.

To truly make this despicable, they also can get around the 30 day window by reserving a $39 campsite at FW. The "phantoms" don't even need to be on the reservation, but just be linked to your MDE profile as a friend. So you could get loads of FP+s when the resort guests do.

FullSailDan

Always nice to hear there at still some IT jobs here. Are they Disney employees or Contract Employees? Many companies have hundreds of contract employees provided by offshore partners working in U.S. locations after laying off their own people.

Most of the dev team, corporate IT and IT Security in general, are American. They do have a fair number of contractors as augmented staff (as I was) however they are not imported workers. It's people already legally allowed to work in the US as a citizen(me) or a green card holder. The number of H1B's was exceptionally low. Funnily enough, despite all of the hoopla in the news, most of the workers laid off were hired back on other projects and many were given "priority hire" status based on their skill set. Of those not hired back, a large number were under performers. Sadly Disney also lost a number of good folks because people who got laid off and had marketable skills didn't wait for Disney to find openings.

becca_

People buy tickets for a "phantom" user on their MDE, don't use that MB to get in the park, use the FPs on that magic band. Not sure if this still works or not.

disneygeek90

Yes I think you do.

But the someone has just mentioned expired tickets can be used? I think this is one of the links I was failing to understand lol! So they have a 4 day tickets they have never used, assign it to say their sister, b-I-l and niece and borrow their bands. Because the ticket isn't used to enter a park, it remains active. But the fps attached to it were good to use. Or just use totally fake names and reassign the tickets to them.
I think in that case, they were doing it via kiosk, not pre scheduled FP+ online.

I agree... seems like a lot of deliberate planning to game the system.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Yes I think you do.

TBH, I'm lost trying to get my head round it. I just tried to get the gist of what they were talking about. I'd never even heard of this happening, apart from seeing people say they would link a party ticket to a second version of themselves to get extra fps.

It's the outrage on that board that gets me. And the mods are also saying "if you question the morality of this, we will ban you". Really? :eek:

Yes, before yesterday you could use any magicband that wasnt linked to the admission media you used for park entry to make a same day FP+ . That loophole was closed.

Phantoms (either bogus people in your MDE party, or AP holders that will not pass the turnstiles into a park that day) are another source of FP+ abuse.

nickys

Premium Member
Yes, before yesterday you could use any magicband that wasnt linked to the admission media you used for park entry to make a same day FP+ . That loophole was closed.

Phantoms (either bogus people in your MDE party, or AP holders that will not pass the turnstiles into a park that day) are another source of FP+ abuse.

And this should be closed too, because you are going to have to use the admission media to enter a park in order to use the fastpasses booked on that admission media. That was the cheat that enabled people to book both Pandora rides on the same day, Soarin and FEA etc. So if the AP holder or friend hasn't scanned in at the turnstile and you try using the fp, then they will get blocked!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom