WDW ticket price increases coming June 3rd

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Yes, I understand your sensitive feelings.
Yes, we do have a history of greed.
Yes, greed is driving this country right now.
Yes, I love my country. I can both criticize it and love it at the same time. :)

There is a stark difference between saying there has been a history or currently is greed and saying the American way is one of greed. You can try to downplay the truth all you want, but it's comments like yours that help to foster a hatred of this country that results in tragedy.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Many pages ago on this thread I posted an analysis of the most recent price increase. In summary, the biggest price increases are for longer stay tickets and annual passes. In other words, it appears that Disney is actually punishing its most loyal customers. Like you, I tend to purchase multi day tickets, typically either 10-day tickets with no expiration or annual passes. These are the most expensive tickets and yet Disney has increased the price of these tickets by the highest percentage. I assume Disney has decided that customers like you and I don't spend enough money at the parks or will come to WDW regardless of ticket prices.

It's pretty well established that they're trying to thin out the number of AP's, since that's a demographic that comes into the park for a few hours here and there, and doesn't spend a whole lot of money. Why aggressively market to that demographic when you could convince the family of 5 from Illinois visiting for the one time this decade to spend thousands of dollars over the course of their one week vacation?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Whats the old saying about a fool and his money?

Now remind me again who was boasting about paying big for attending an amusement park.

G00fyDad

Good for you. I wasn't talking about me. You know... It helps reading the actual posts... It helps to know what you're actually talking about. Just sayin.

I have read the posts. I do know what I am talking about. I was responding to you since you felt the need to come at me. Just sayin.

Oh, and btw, when you're enjoying all that added room, enjoy all the rides that get cut down to seasonal and the few CM's walking around to work.

I will. Thanks for the heads up "doom and gloomer". :wave:

And it's not my fault you're the only one here who doesn't realize he's a troll, along with his other "personalities."

I wasn't defending Jimmy. Usually I am appalled at his thought process. It just so happens that I do agree with him, here.

Pumbas Nakasak

.. Why aggressively market to that demographic when you could convince the family of 5 from Illinois visiting for the one time this decade to spend thousands of dollars over the course of their one week vacation?

This is at odds with what was stated earlier.

Perhaps doom and gloomers are right and that as long as someone's in the park and theres no major expenditure theyll coin it in and earn the bonuses, no need for any fancy strategy. That costs.

DisneyFan 2000

Jimmy Thick-People complain about Disney at 89 dollars but not Universal at 88? Something wrong there....
Funny but I will agree with you there... If I'm finding more bang for my buck over at Universal, something is wrong there... Good one, Thick!
Oh, and for the helpful suggestions that I should stop going? I'm pretty sure my signature indicates that I've spent the better part of the last few years going to parks that AREN'T a part of WDW.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
LOL!!!

I won't have to "pick up the slack" by myself, millions of others will do it for me. I'll just go to the parks and enjoy myself, like I always do.

Jimmy Thick-And, get this, I'll have a smile on my face.

I'll have to agree with you here.

It seems like Disney is trying to weed out some of the riffraff and make more room for those that CAN afford to go.

If you can't afford it, then get out of the way.

Pumbas Nakasak

Perhaps Disney could introduce a salary cap, if you dont earn above a certain figure you cant get in. They could also introduce a standard for dress and deportment and a language test.

That would thin out the undesirables. Though I feel that would be harsh on people from New York. I understand its a genetic thing.

unkadug

Perhaps Disney could introduce a salary cap, if you dont earn above a certain figure you cant get in. They could also introduce a standard for dress and deportment and a language test.

That would thin out the undesirables. Though I feel that would be harsh on people from New York. I understand its a genetic thing.

Can we institute for cleanliness requirement also? Deodorant is a requirement not a option.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No

*Giggle*

:wave:

hazeleyes

It's pretty well established that they're trying to thin out the number of AP's, since that's a demographic that comes into the park for a few hours here and there, and doesn't spend a whole lot of money. Why aggressively market to that demographic when you could convince the family of 5 from Illinois visiting for the one time this decade to spend thousands of dollars over the course of their one week vacation?

You are under the assumption that AP holders are Florida residence or are within close driving distance to the parks.
Most Florida residences are not necessarily AP's. They have seasonal passes too. Not all AP's live within driving distance of the parks. We live in NY. Some of us have to fly, so we do stay on property paying for rooms and buy our food from Disney, a few times a year for more than a week at a time. We spend more money at Disney than those who come once every few years. Each year more and more of the perks of having AP's decreases while the prices go up and up. Now not only has the Adult prices increased by $55. but a child's ticket costs as much as the Adults. For those who say, if you can't afford it don't come, you have lost the reason Walt started Disney in the first place. He wanted a place where a family could come and enjoy time with the kids at a reasonable price. I understand that Disney is a business and in it for the profits but when you put profit before everything else and don't keep growing you lose. Tunnel vision must be great.:hammer:

ParentsOf4

For those who say, if you can't afford it don't come, you have lost the reason Walt started Disney in the first place. He wanted a place where a family could come and enjoy time with the kids at a reasonable price.
Everything I have read about Walt Disney supports this. He wanted DL and WDW to be places that anyone could visit with the family. When Eisner took over in 1984 he was shocked at the price of tickets and immediately raised them substantially. As I understand it, Disney's corporate heads (i.e. the people who make the decisions on ticket prices) are among the wealthiest 0.1% and continue to see WDW as a value. They simply can't relate to "Joe Six Pack".

joe80x86

im taking my money elsewhere, i have had annual passes for 3 years plus now.. i have spent 150 days at disney in last three years..( i live in fort lauderdale) but this is the end for me. how rude of them to hurt the florida residents so they are blacked out from going in summer unless they pay for annual passes, 3 and 4 day passes will NOW have same blackout dates as seasonal passes, and to make matters worse. they are going to charge KIDS the same PRICE as adults.. went from 236 seasonal for kids to now 299 ADULTS PRICE.. do the math.. and look at the timing.. this feels like you spouse just came home and asked for a Divorce. and you thought everything was good, :drevil: so long disney , hope your happy counting all that CASH

Seriously lets keep things in perspective if you paid today's AP rate of about $425 x 3 (years) = $1,275 thats a big number. But if you went to the parks 150 times over those 3 years, then you are only paying $8.50 per day to get in!

If you paid the season pass rate for the same thing it is only $5.98 per day.

You can't even buy a movie ticket for $8.50 (atleast where I live).

Pumbas Nakasak

Seriously lets keep things in perspective if you paid today's AP rate of about $425 x 3 (years) = $1,275 thats a big number. But if you went to the parks 150 times over those 3 years, then you are only paying $8.50 per day to get in!

If you paid the season pass rate for the same thing it is only $5.98 per day.

You can't even buy a movie ticket for $8.50 (atleast where I live).

I understand flies eat excreta and sheeps brains are a delicacy in some quarters. My decision to abstain from both is a matter of choice, not too dissimilar to that of where to take my custom.

captainkidd

Why do some people on this board insist on showing off their wit and intelligence by posting messages that only they and anyone in on the secret would understand? It's a public message board. If you want to flirt with one another, take it to PM's.

unkadug

well said .. you just trumped the long boring employess like writing article by the other poster. im taking my money elsewhere and as will many others, and if i go to disney ill be looking to buy tickets from those little booths on side of road and take my chances, ive done in before with no probs, ecspecially water park tix for 25 - 30 dollars.

Wait...what?

I thought you were an AP holder....which is it? A bargain hunter single ticket buyer or an AP member that's trying to get a bargain?

ParentsOf4

Hum. That works out to 50 times a year. Unless you live within a short driving distance and can stop in for a few hours on a Saturday or Sunday, it's hard to see how an AP holder can visit WDW 50 times a year. Maybe if they don't work?

It would be interesting to learn how many times the average AP holder visits the parks but I'm sure that's a closely guarded secret in corporate Disney.

joe80x86

Hum. That works out to 50 times a year. Unless you live within a short driving distance and can stop in for a few hours on a Saturday or Sunday, it's hard to see how an AP holder can visit WDW 50 times a year. Maybe if they don't work?

It would be interesting to learn how many times the average AP holder visits the parks but I'm sure that's a closely guarded secret in corporate Disney.

I personally don't visit that much living near Palm Beach, but according to potatoheadfan's post he visited 150 times in the last 3 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom