WDW Taking a Hit Over Gator and Massacre ...

wdwfan22

For the first time in forever.. Wait, not the song or the ride, but the PIN code.. Got one in my email today and was able to use on our November booking (11/5-11/13) for Pop. Room for $99.00/night. Also got an ad in the email for free dining, but did not go outside of the dates already offered which was a bummer. But this does tell me they are actively seeking a surge in bookings..

SAVE UP TO 30%*
on rooms at select
Walt Disney World Resort hotels.
For stays most nights 8/26–11/22/16 and 11/26–12/23/16.
Book through 8/31/16.

Pin codes are nothing new and just because you received one doesn't mean they are actively seeking anymore than usual. And the up to 30% still isn't that great when you consider how much the rooms went up this past year.

CJR

Okay. That's why I was careful to say "in this context". The JC joke says basically parents need to watch their children or the crocs will. While the joke is about a different species I don't think anyone here was against its removal because it's about a different species. Same with the chomping croc in the EWP "swimming" around SSL.

Right. It's about respect, since it's recent. In time, I think it'll be fine to revert back to the way they were because of the species. IMO, it would have been way worse if it was an actual gator float/joke.

Real point is, in an attempt to bring this thread back on topic, the actual incident is going to keep some people from going to WDW. The float or joke isn't likely to impact people's vacation decisions or how much money they spend. Disney was already forecasting an attendance decline before the incident, but it's going to be worse now.

Jason1980

We have a family trip planned for next week. My mom told me last week that she wishes we would cancel and that she's worried! I then reasoned that Disney had identified and reported the Orlando terrorist weeks before his attack,

Did I miss this in the news? Did Disney know about the planned attack and report the Orlando terrorist beforehand? Is this what Spirit has eluded to and the reason for the increased security?

IanDLBZF

Please Spirit, would you stick to Disney and leave your gun control opinions at the door.
69032759.jpg

Dubman

Pin codes are nothing new and just because you received one doesn't mean they are actively seeking anymore than usual. And the up to 30% still isn't that great when you consider how much the rooms went up this past year.

I stand corrected. I was simply stating I haven't seen one in a very long time. On top of that I already had a booking. Guess I am reading too much into it with timing etc..

Miceberg

The removal of anything alligator related extended to Disneyland and California Adventure. According to Management in the stores, a slew of complaints were received by irate guests who were offended by t-shirts, plush, etc. with the image of Tic Toc or Louis. Items were pulled from the shelves immediately.

Last edited:

JohnD

The removal of anything alligator related extended to Disneyland and California Adventure. According to Management in the BV street stores, a slew of complaints were received by irate guests who were offended by t-shirts, plush, etc. with the image of Tic Toc or Louis. Items were pulled from the shelves immediately.

Now that has me SMH. Things in the actual vicinity of the attack are one thing. This is just overreactive.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The removal of anything alligator related extended to Disneyland and California Adventure. According to Management in the BV street stores, a slew of complaints were received by irate guests who were offended by t-shirts, plush, etc. with the image of Tic Toc or Louis. Items were pulled from the shelves immediately.
Sadly, idiot guests now outnumber the intelligent ones but their cash is just as green.

COProgressFan

That's just bizarre and unnecessary.

SorcererMC

Did I miss this in the news? Did Disney know about the planned attack and report the Orlando terrorist beforehand? Is this what Spirit has eluded to and the reason for the increased security?

To answer your question (this was talked about in another thread): It's known from cell phone data that the gunman was at Disney Springs prior to the attack, and visited in April. The syntax of some news reports suggested that Disney alerted the authorities in April. One or two days later, the FBI quickly stated that the gunman had no other targets than the nightclub.

TikiTorch

I haven't heard anybody report that they had any info about a planned attack. But it was reported (I think originally by a local reporter in Orlando) that Disney's security team alerted the FBI at some point; apparently they felt like he was acting suspiciously. I'm guessing that "out of an abundance of caution" they alert law enforcement at the local, state, and federal levels frequently based on observations of individuals' behavior on their property.

Captain Neo

So when are these grand Floridian rooms going to become available again? There should be plenty of inventory if everyone is cancelling. So we can actually see if WDW1974 is full of it or not.

TLtron

Mice were responsible for more deaths in California over the past decade, than alligators were in Florida.
http://grist.org/climate-energy/mic...fornia-scaring-away-subway-riders-in-britain/

I am offended & irate that Disney did nothing to remove Mickey & Minnie from the parks, to keep from being disrespectful.

rob0519

I've actually always found this very funny.

They're the same way with their movies. Instead of selling thousands of copies of relatively unpopular movies for $5 each, they'd rather sell hundreds at $20.

For a bunch of people with MBA's, Disney leadership sure does suffer some serious lack of common sense. "But, that would lower the value." So, naturally, people find ways to watch something they could have paid for free.... and book a room down the street instead.

Actually, discounting empty rooms does lower their value and creates customer satisfaction issues as well. The cruise line industry is not going through the same practice. They would rather sail empty than heavily discount cabins close to the sailing date as in years past.

CJR

Actually, discounting empty rooms does lower their value and creates customer satisfaction issues as well. The cruise line industry is not going through the same practice. They would rather sail empty than heavily discount cabins close to the sailing date as in years past.

I've noticed that about the cruise line. I still don't agree with it though, seems stupid to me. These are people that could be eating at the restaurants and buying the merchandise. I'm not talking about free nights either, $200 a night is still a lot of money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom