WDW Spirited Quickees

brb1006

I agree with it all, but what will be the cost to Disney when one of its favorite whores gets arrested for domestic abuse, child , prescription drug fraud ... I dunno ... setting up a charity to use as your family's personal piggybank?

I've been down this road for quite a while now and it isn't like Disney isn't reading every word I type on this matter. They just don't give a f--k YET .... but, one day, when it all comes crashing down (maybe one of their bloggers is a Jerry Sandusky type ... really hard to imagine, right?) and the company gets nailed for it, they'll be wishing they had someone like ... I would hate to be the only volunteer here ... running social media and vetting every loser with a blog/wesbite/podcast as much as they'll be datamining your value as a customer (and your children as well) with Next Gen.

And with that, I'm going to get some sunshine and some grub. Y'all have MAGICal days!:)
FBGFcNlXMAUZ13J.jpg

jpeden

In the Parks
No
What's going in with DISBoards? I hadn't used that site in years.

Pete Werner was accused of sexual assault of two employees of the DIS - both of which he was in a relationship with. He is also being sued by American Express for over $900,000 in unpaid bills between his personal and Dreams Unlimited cards. Additionally it has come out he promoted an extremely toxic workplace, openly demeaning employees in front of others, etc.

Apparently other employees also knew about his sexual assaults/drugging of at least one of those employees and kept it quiet as he didn’t want to lose his job (the employee who knew was living with Pete at the time when Pete told him).

Pete has resigned from DIS/Dreams Unlimited and they are in the process of divesting his ownership. It’s pretty awful stuff to be honest.

doctornick

I mean, was he? This guy did some ****ty things but he isn't accused of anything 'Spirit' said there, except possibly the domestic abuse, but even that isn't really as specific as what the actual reported incidents are/were.
Yeah, I don’t think anything in that WDW1974 post is really all that prophetic. You have a huge number of Disney bloggers, the likelihood of at least one of them being busted for unscrupulous behavior at some point is pretty much 100%

Kamikaze

Except this is the original Disney blogger. That site was one of the original message boards and podcast. I believe they were the first on you tube. Dreams Unlimited Travel was a side growth of their board and is one of the larger Disney Travel Agencies. I’m not sure there is a bigger blogger to be accused of this.
Right, but again, he didn't do any of the things Spirit said ... he did awful things, but they were *different* things.

Yeah, I don’t think anything in that WDW1974 post is really all that prophetic. You have a huge number of Disney bloggers, the likelihood of at least one of them being busted for unscrupulous behavior at some point is pretty much 100%
Its the Nostradamus style of prediction. Make it vague enough that they can apply to tons of different situations, and then someone will do so.

doctornick

Its the Nostradamus style of prediction. Make it vague enough that they can apply to tons of different situations, and then someone will do so.
More specifically, the post was really about whenever some blogger inevitability gets busted for something bad - which again was going to happen sooner or later - how that would negatively affect Disney the company due to the close relationship with bloggers. And from what I can tell, there hasn’t particularly been any blowback towards TWDC regarding this individual. So ironically despite this zombie post, it doesn’t really seem like the concern expressed by WDW1974 on this topic was warranted.

Last edited:

hopemax

More specifically, the post was really about whenever some blogger inevitability gets busted for something bad - which again was going to happen sooner or later - how that would negatively affect Disney the company due to the close relationship with bloggers. And from what I can tell, there hasn’t particularly been any blowback towards TWDC regarding this individual. So ironically despite this zombie post, it doesn’t really seem like the concern expressed by WDW1974 on this topic was warranted.
It’s probably too soon to make this judgement. The East Coast based team was all headed to CA for some major planned event at DLR, that neither party would have wanted to pull the plug on, last minute. Plus, people on the gossip site where the news broke only started talking this morning about if there should be a letter writing campaign to Disney about this. Apparently this happened with another vlogger, for lesser offenses and Disney pulled their media credentials.

Everyone had been in limbo waiting for Pete’s business partners to make their move. If they can make a fast and clean break and keep things quiet (out of the media sites that have been going to Pete for comments for the last 25+ years) that would be one thing. But if it gets contentious, the letter writing happens and Disneys feels like they have to pull credentials and / or it spills out in the open… all bets are off.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I liked listening to some of Pete’s rants at times because a lot of us felt the same way towards Disney decisions, however you could tell he was arrogant and talked often about all the expensive things he did and bought (numerous dvc contracts too) and with the ~$900k Amex debt thing I think we now know how. Pretty insane how someone can be that crazy and that’s not even counting the worse things he’s accused of.

Amex is gonna want their money back so that may tank the company. Not sure how that’ll work out.

JoeCamel

It’s probably too soon to make this judgement. The East Coast based team was all headed to CA for some major planned event at DLR, that neither party would have wanted to pull the plug on, last minute. Plus, people on the gossip site where the news broke only started talking this morning about if there should be a letter writing campaign to Disney about this. Apparently this happened with another vlogger, for lesser offenses and Disney pulled their media credentials.

Everyone had been in limbo waiting for Pete’s business partners to make their move. If they can make a fast and clean break and keep things quiet (out of the media sites that have been going to Pete for comments for the last 25+ years) that would be one thing. But if it gets contentious, the letter writing happens and Disneys feels like they have to pull credentials and / or it spills out in the open… all bets are off.
This V V V V V
Amex is gonna want their money back so that may tank the company. Not sure how that’ll work out.
Yeah that is company debt from money spent by a principle so bankruptcy would be my guess with sale of assets

Touchdown

If AMEX let them run up a 900k bill before demanding repayment then they definitely had a decent yearly profit. That said don’t know how they repay that, I doubt if the other owners sued Pete they could recoup even a fracture of that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom