WDW Spirited Quickees

Kamikaze

WDW1974's prediction wasn't a hail mary or nostrodamus. It was saying the things that others wouldn't. It was commentary on the kinds of people running in those circles and pointing out that eventually some will get exposed. Seen over and over many of the types that throw themselves into the lifestyle 24/7 aren't exactly the most stable folks.
Thats exactly what Nostradamus did. He made vague predictions that could be applied to tons of different scenarios. Then the interpreters of those predictions later applied them where they saw fit. In this case 'Spirit' was very specific and said domestic abuse, prescription drug fraud (whatever that is), setting up a fake charity, and a 'Jerry Sandusky type'. None of those things are true in this situation as reported.

That was ALL I was pointing out, that saying he was 'correct' isn't exactly accurate.

The overall message that a blogger can get in trouble, yes that's absolutely true and applies in this case. But you can say that about literally every profession.

Last edited by a moderator:

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Ryan would be me. I was moderator on the disboards. I started to question the hierarchy and how things operated. Pete didn’t like that. The webmasters didn’t like that. I resigned, Pete told me I was a worthless human and then I was banned.

I stopped watching DisUnplugged many years ago when it became clear that Pete had no issue berating people who worked for him when they disagreed. If he didn't mind doing it in public I knew that there was no way he wasn't doing it in private, and having worked for a boss like that I wasn't going to support his company anymore.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Ryan would be me. I was moderator on the disboards. I started to question the hierarchy and how things operated. Pete didn’t like that. The webmasters didn’t like that. I resigned, Pete told me I was a worthless human and then I was banned.
Hate all that happened to you but glad to have you on here now.

It’s a shame what’s happened over there in so many ways.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
But I’m the mean time you had the greatest avatar change in the history of the site.
image0.jpg

CastAStone

The WM's over there have always been yikes. I was a member for almost 15 years.
It percolates. If the guy at the top is banning everyone for the smallest perceived slights, he needs to 1) justify that to the webmasters and get them to agree, and 2) get them to do it independently of him. That then translates down to the moderators.

One thing that’s unquestionably true about that place is that 90% of the rank and file posters who have brought substantial, unique, above and beyond labors and analysis to the site - for no compensation - were eventually banned. That is a WILD way to run a website.

hopemax

@Rteetz do you think Corey has the chops to clean things up, for real and long term?

Given what is happening tonight, I wonder if they accidentally stumbled into a Bad Cop / Good Cop situation? The opportunity to "do something" presented itself, Corey can throw down a hammer and then point to this as proof that things will be different. When a few weeks, months or a year down the road, it's back to the moderating behind closed doors, biases on full display and an unspoken list of things that can't be talked about.

I've been on the DIS since 2000. First stop was the Collectors board when pin trading started, which led to Rumors & News. Sara (Sarangel) and Luis (lrodk) were mods at that time, and they let us pretty much have free reign at the direction of Pete (since he used to post there and was sympathetic to the posts that were critical of Disney). A group of us took off, about 2004ish, to a smaller board because we were tired of rehashing the same arguments but wanted to get deeper in them (more like WDWMagic discussions now). I stuck around the DIS for scrapbooking and random stuff. Recently, it's been mostly Budget Board, Universal board, and a little on the Community board. But I'm wondering if it's time to be done with it.

Last edited:

Rteetz

@Rteetz do you think Corey has the chops to clean things up, for real and long term?

Given what is happening tonight, I wonder if they accidentally stumbled into a Bad Cop / Good Cop situation? The opportunity to "do something" presented itself, Corey can throw down a hammer and then point to this as proof that things will be different. When a few weeks, months or a year down the road, it's back to the moderating behind closed doors, biases on full display and an unspoken list of things that can't be talked about.

I've been on the DIS since 2000. First stop was the Collectors board when pin trading started, which led to Rumors & News. Sara (Sarangel) and Luis (lrodk) were mods at that time, and they let us pretty have free reign at the direction of Pete (since he used to post there and was sympathetic to the posts that were critical of Disney). A group of us took off, about 2004ish, to a smaller board because we were tired of rehashing the same arguments but wanted to get deeper in them (more like WDWMagic discussions now). I stuck around the DIS for scrapbooking and random stuff. Recently, it's been mostly Budget Board, Universal board, and a little on the Community board. But I'm wondering if it's time to be done with it.
In my experience prior and now post my Dis time Corey has been nothing but great to me. Of anyone I do have faith in him. Now I do think there is some “politics” involved. Of them all since what has happened Corey has been the most transparent and visible in a sense. A true change will take some cleaning house tho. Corey can only really control the web side on that front.

hopemax

In my experience prior and now post my Dis time Corey has been nothing but great to me. Of anyone I do have faith in him. Now I do think there is some “politics” involved. Of them all since what has happened Corey has been the most transparent and visible in a sense. A true change will take some cleaning house tho. Corey can only really control the web side on that front.
Thank you. I've never been a podcast person or used Dreams, so it's the forum that is of most interest to me. And out of the loop compared to earlier days, so it's hard to judge sincerity.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I agree with it all, but what will be the cost to Disney when one of its favorite whores gets arrested for domestic abuse, child , prescription drug fraud ... I dunno ... setting up a charity to use as your family's personal piggybank?

I've been down this road for quite a while now and it isn't like Disney isn't reading every word I type on this matter. They just don't give a f--k YET .... but, one day, when it all comes crashing down (maybe one of their bloggers is a Jerry Sandusky type ... really hard to imagine, right?) and the company gets nailed for it, they'll be wishing they had someone like ... I would hate to be the only volunteer here ... running social media and vetting every loser with a blog/wesbite/podcast as much as they'll be datamining your value as a customer (and your children as well) with Next Gen.

And with that, I'm going to get some sunshine and some grub. Y'all have MAGICal days!:)

Dropping a quarter in the Spirit was right jar. @WDW1974 adamus

Spirit couldn't have been talking about Pete. Pete has a bunch of horrific accusations against him, but nothing involving children. And nothing about a fraudulent charity. (So far.)

The accusations do have Pete abusing his domestic partners (including drugging one he wanted to be partners with). Pete has had admitted addiction for which he supposedly received treatment.

Spirit seems to be referring to a different popular vlogger, and that shoe hasn't dropped yet.

CastAStone

Spirit couldn't have been talking about Pete. Pete has a bunch of horrific accusations against him, but nothing involving children. And nothing about a fraudulent charity. (So far.)

The accusations do have Pete abusing his domestic partners (including drugging one he wanted to be partners with). Pete has had admitted addiction for which he supposedly received treatment.

Spirit seems to be referring to a different popular vlogger, and that shoe hasn't dropped yet.
I took it as giving a list of potential concerns that may not all be packaged in one person.

the.dreamfinder

Not Pete. Those are two different individuals.

The one with the kid was someone who got pulled over for a DUI with a child in the back seat.

The charity one… well you definitely know that person.

Splash4eva

Not Pete. Those are two different individuals.

The one with the kid was someone who got pulled over for a DUI with a child in the back seat.

The charity one… well you definitely know that person.
Why cant we talk names and specifics if this is what seems like “common knowledge” to some? I would love to know who they are to make sure im
Not supporting any of them in any way shape or form

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Why cant we talk names and specifics if this is what seems like “common knowledge” to some? I would love to know who they are to make sure im
Not supporting any of them in any way shape or form
The original post was from 11 years ago.

That's quite a bit of time for these things that seem to be well known to a few people back then to finally become known to all.

E.g., if there was someone who got a DUI with a child in the car, that child might already be an adult or older teen, and any fall out from that is just history.

If someone was running a fraudulent charity, then someone should have dropped a dime on them. Even a famous politician had to face the music over doing that same thing.

I don't have a clue who these accusations refer to, even if I do know the name if it was ever spoken.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom