WDW Spirited Quickees

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Ignorant isn't a insult - it's a description of someone's knowledge in a subject/area. You should only take offense to it if you were to take offense to someone saying 'you don't know..'

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - Confucious

And just how do you know what is or isn't insulting to others?

Lee

Adventurer
Wow...not much to add to this train wreck.

'74 has not crossed any legal or ethical lines in this thread or elsewhere. He asks pointed questions, to be sure, but never makes accusations. Lots of "what if..." Questions, but never once did anyone say "Blogger X is an alcoholic pedophile." Never happened.

What HAS happened is a serious discussion about Disney's social media policies. That also involves calling into question the quality and appropriateness of the bloggers and "lifestylers" who put their name out there and essentially make themselves their own "brand". Scrutiny of these people is fair, whether or not some may wrongly see it as unfair.

'74 indeed has an agenda here. So do I, for that matter. That agenda is to see Disney stop shelling out thousands of dollars to low-level bloggers and lifestylers who are looking to make their name, and in some cases their livelihood, off of the mouse's gravy train. It also includes the desire to see Disney stop allowing certain people to behave in ways that are detrimental to the company, to guests, and to Disnry's own IP.

Wannabe, you obviously are trying to deep-six this whole discussion. This is likely due to your own agenda, which has always been to stifle any criticism of the company, especially when it comes from '74.

M.rudolf

To everyone here, this my personal plea, please stop with all the name calling and professing to know this law and that. Sometimes we all have to know when a battle can be won, we also must hold ourselves to a higher standard than the trolls who sometimes frequent here. So can all speak to one another with civility and agree that the common ground we stand on is our love of a place called Disney, a place where all dreams can come true. Can we all agree to let everyone's personal stances not be ridiculed or belittled, agree we may not have the same outlook but we are looking for the same result a better Disney. I'm not saying this sarcastically or trying to be mean spirited, do you honestly think that anyone's agenda here will see fruitation. Disney reads these blogs but a lot of the people here have shot themselves in the foot with their bickering and arguing back and forth. Again can we all agree to disagree

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I really don't know if you're being honest with your question or simply trying to deflect the core issue. I have a feeling it's deflecting, but I'll assume it's not.

I think you can tell the difference in the levels of "say something bad" in the context of this thread. Or, maybe you haven't read the whole thread. There's a big difference from what has been said in this thread to saying "_____ should tell his readers that he got a night free." I don't really have a problem with that, even though some do that out of malice. We all know that. Overall, I don't agree the perk issue is a huge deal as I make a simple assumption that any review may have been influenced when it was written and I think most people do.

But some have went way beyond posting about perks and into the realm of vague accusations of unethical and illegal activity. I don't think that has any place on this forum. If someone wants to make that type of accusation, do it on their own website or on some public site like Facebook or Twitter. It seems some have made it their "calling" to try and find and post anything they can that can financially hurt others they don't like - many times without facts, just with innuendo. It's obvious when it happens and I think most here are intelligent enough to see the difference!

I am 100% serious.

You are drawing a line, and it makes no sense to me.

Do you spend time on MLB websites defending Roger Clemens? Barry Bonds?

You, for some reason, think "Disney Celebs" are above criticism. They are public figures, exploiting that fact for their own gain. That leaves them open to criticism, and yes, questions about their behavior.

The Empress Lilly

That is the very nature of all Disney forums. I envison most forum members have serious medical issues that prevent them from performing real work and they burn up their idle time pontificating on Internet forums.
That's an evil lie! I do not have serious medical issues that prevent me from getting a life and a job. I am simply too lazy.

I've instructed my lawyer, Lou, to sue you for defamation in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, of which he is an expert.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That is the very nature of all Disney forums. I envison most forum members have serious medical issues that prevent them from performing real work and they burn up their idle time pontificating on Internet forums. I see it as a healthy outlet for them. There are also a lot of children on the Internet with idle time as well. Most children grow out of it.
After reading this stuff I do have a serious medical condition. My head hurts.

CountryBearFan

don't jeopardize this forum's reputation or its owners.

This forum's reputation has already been jeopardized.

The Mods need to take a stronger stand against the overly-negative posters. I think they even need to go so far as to delete EVERY single post on this forum to clean out all the contaminants and give the site a much-needed clean sweep.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

The Mods need to take a stronger stand against the overly-negative posters. I think they even need to go so far as to delete EVERY single post on this forum to clean out all the contaminants and give the site a much-needed clean sweep.

Well, since you're volunteering.....

And again, they continue to let you post here, reputation be d@mned.....

Taylor

Ok want to volunteer. Oh the irony

bubbles1812

That would make this place the equivalent of Disboards... that place sucks. You can't discuss anything of substance at all.

And pleaaaase, this forum's reputation hasn't been jeopardized at all. Only in your Pixie dust addled brain has it been jeopardized. By your logic, the overly positive posters (the delusional ones) would/should be removed too...which would include yourself. I've seen a lot of ridiculous posts here and especially made by you but this one takes the cake.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Take it up. I have no problem with that.

I already have. I will continue to do so as long as you stalk my posts and take personal shots at me due to some bizarre online hard-on you possess for me. At least JT can be entertaining. You bring nothing.

So you work on behalf of Disney now? Let them take care of any HR issues. You have no say in that, but you are trying to cause harm to people. You have an agenda and it's clear for anyone that doesn't fall over themselves to suck up to you.

No, I don't. I guess a consumer, critic and shareholder that I'm not entitled to ask questions about things that appear underhanded while you can simply take shots at me ... you aren't doing anything it harming my cred wannabe. You just appear like a little yapping purse dog after my posts

You stopped being critical a long time ago and have switched gears to take on people personally. It's obvious and you know it. You have made it clear for people to look for anything and send information to you. You make accusations, you quote accusations and you push those accusations. You know most are vague innuendo, but you encourage it to continue. You similarly make the claims of illegal behaviors, you drop the little pedophile quips and you strive to paint people you don't like in some nasty caricature. Be a man and own up to what you post. Make those same posts and put your name on it.

Yes. I seek information. Much like you want to expose my personal life here, which would result in legal trouble for you and the site. I am seeking info on what Disney is giving to whom and who really is in charge of social media. I have some and will keep looking for more. I have said very little about ... but I'm sure you feel a $600 tab for three women and a todller at Jiko is fine since one Mommy is a blogger.

AND STOP LYING!!!

I haven't made a claim about anyone being involved in illegal activity. Do you think if you repeat the same lies over and over again (like a politician or FOX News) that it somehow becomes reality?

I don't drop pedophile quips because I don't find the subject laughable myself. I've simply stated that it is fair to believe that a company that attracts children and attracts child lovers, might just have a pedophile or two in its social media ranks. I believe that.

And, no, wannabe, I have no intention of putting my name to anything. Rest assured, in the real world, I am not afraid to go to the right folks and use my name. An Internet board that attracts all sorts (some as vile as you) is not a place for my personal info.

But if you'd like to tell us your name, where you live, if you have a family who they are, where you work, what your credit score is, what your sexual proclivities are, by all means ... go for it. Otherwise, shut the eff up. The only one you're entertaining beyond yourself (and the social media whores who read every word I write) is the Country Bear Child, who also apparently can just say whatever he wants.

Seeking attention is one thing, asking for some anonymous poster with an agenda to make accusations is another.

BS. These people simply want the positive attention of being labeled 'media', but are unwilling to take the negatives. Guess what? It don't work that way. Whether you're a Bill O'Reilly or a Rachel Maddow or Ed Schultz or Anderson Cooper or Piers Morgan, you often get hate mail and vile messages and posted.

These Disney Social Media whores can't handle basic questions about their businesses without playing victim. It's sickening.

You're not the one to question them and this is not the right place to question anyone legally. I don't care about Lou, I don't read or watch or listen to him. I would make the same statements no matter who you're talking about.

You don't get to tell me what I can or can't do. And I am not questioning anything legally. I am questioning things on an ethical basis and from a media perspective. Do you not have the brain power to understand the differences? Not really nuanced.

Wow, pot, kettle, black. I have never asked about anyone's personal information. But you have done so in this thread and you have asked people to look more and send you stuff.

Yes, you have in the very post I quoted. You seem to feel I'm on the same plane as a Lou Mongello or a Jeff Lange or a Phil Holmes ... they could only wish.

What are you afraid of? You know I'm getting info that proves much of my hypothesis about how WDW Co operates with Social Media.. So are you worried that I'm close to publicizing things and causing great embarrassment to some in and out of Disney?

Why don't you stick to the 'which moderate resort is best for my toddler' threads if the powers see a reason for you to remain here?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom