WDW Spirited Quickees

nytimez

It requires a username and password.
I suppose any registered CM could let someone use their login info.
Actually seems like something I need. Not sure why it hasn't occurred to me before...

Ah, gotcha. I thought he was suggesting that anyone can get access to the Hub. I wanted in on that!

Lee

Adventurer
Ah, gotcha. I thought he was suggesting that anyone can get access to the Hub.
Nope...
hub.jpg

Captain Chaos

And if you do manage to have such a friend, that friend better hope Disney never finds out they gave their username and password out... Cause the first words your CM friend will be hearing will be:

flynnibus

Premium Member
OK... by "acquisitional," I'm going to guess you meant "accusational," because otherwise your post makes even less sense. But I honestly am not quite sure what you mean by "call into question the association the labeling of the association claimed," or what exactly "publicized associations" are. Yes, I'm sure those are simply typos born of haste, but I don't think correcting them would really change your post much, given that the parts I do understand barely merit a response.

Sorry, I was actually watching football while typing that and apparently not reading close enough what the browser was sub'ing with the spell check. You figured it out easy enough. The messy sentence was due to the reuse of association with different definitions in the same sentence.. sloppy.. but not inaccurate. Your 'questions' were challenging what the association between these entities really was... challenging the advertised link (or 'association') you found published, as if it wasn't legit and hence a lie or misleading. Then, calling out lawyers as if claiming working remotely must be some scam... which if you knew many lawyers.. you'd understand just how ignorant of law work that is and potentially insulting to those people.

If you seriously think that raising a series of questions on a message board about a public figure (something that happens countless times every single day with regard to pretty much any public figure you can think of) is similar in any way to the act of openly challenging a co-worker's productivity or work ethic in a shared professional setting, then... I really have no response

If you feel the distance and anonymity of a discussion forum gives you carte blanche to treat people differently then I suggest you revisit the golden rule. And Lou M is not just some 'public figure' - he's part of the Disney community, just like you. So yes, it is just the same as calling out your coworker or neighbor. If you think just because he doesn't post here, he is somehow now someone not worthy of the same respect and now fair game.. then you are far less the man than I gave you credit for. If you wouldn't say it to someone's face - you shouldn't post it.

This isn't over. Just waiting for more interesting clientele to appear. I'm actually going to a cast member preview tomorrow (or today) at 8am so will prob just stay up.

Captain Chaos

This isn't over. Just waiting for more interesting clientele to appear. I'm actually going to a cast member preview tomorrow (or today) at 8am so will prob just stay up.
Well thanks for warning us you are going to pollute this thread with more nonsense... Allows us to put you on ignore so we don't lose brain cells reading your posts...

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
You also don't see the owner of the site out there promoting his own name and trying to build up his personal reputation, like virtually every other Disney site out there. He's not trying to shill books, or overpriced resale merchandise that you can buy over the phone direct from Disney without the surcharge, or make himself out to be some premiere blogger.

This site doesn't need all that - because it's recognized on it's actual merits -".

I've been a member for about a year here and have a small post count, another place so much longer. I could not have said it better and have been looking for a more neutral home as I'm in the letting go phase of my old home. I found my old place getting irksome because everything presented by Disney was declared awesome. I'm sorry, I am a long time fan of the World, however nobody likes everything. Worse owners should not be presenting themselves as an attraction at WDW parks. Meet Ups should be fun and getting to know each other face to face. Something about queuing up to have my photo taken with a sight owner is a bit creepy.

I find this sight to be more about topics and not about turning the owner into a self appointed WDW Celebrity. I don't understand that cult mentality some members have of worshiping owners like they are Walt reincarnated and stalking them.

Just my observations from a pretty new member that isn't overly invested just yet. : )

flynnibus

Premium Member
And the number of followers on Twitter or Facebook has little to do with the independence of the site owner, his being influenced by Disney, or whether or not this site is "creepy." Not does having people voluntarily submit photos documenting changes at the parks. All of which is a far cry from many other sites and forums out there.

And if you don't care so much, and aren't employed by Disney, then why the effort to discredit this site and its owner?

You guys are missing his original point...

The disney dominated lifestyle, obsessiveness, the 'no life...' aspects of many of the disney community is popular to mock here by people.. including a favorite spirit. His point was this site couldn't be what it is without the contributions of people who must spend similar amounts of time at the parks as well. wdwmagic has it's local 'contributors' and Steve doesn't get day breaking photos and detail across the board with just lucky crowd sourcing volunteering their photos. It's obvious that people contribute on their own, but he must also have some regular crew.

So its more of 'dont throw stones...' type of point. The site couldn't being what it is without people of that type putting in their efforts. The topic of independence or not is something separate and really was going no where :)

flynnibus

Premium Member
I am not really sure how the discussion here differs from consumer product endorsements on blogs. The theme parks are essentially a product. Would the question be whether these bloggers are hobbyists or media? Any lawyers/FTC experts out there?

They should be covered by the refined FTC requirements and would require disclosure if they were granted access or product beyond what a normal customer would expect. This should be made clear and if not, it should be disclosed. If you don't feel its represented that way, contact the FTC. It should only take you and 30,000 other complaints to actually make a ripple large enough for the FTC to blink... unfortunately.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Me too!!! Please entertain us in how you managed to acquire one without working for Disney. I haven't quite seen this claimed before.

Disney has tens of thousands of employees... a huge portion of which work for menial pay and work just to have a job, not out of some fierce loyalty. It probably wouldn't be hard to convince some teenager to let you use their credentials in trade for some perk or access to something.

Its my understanding though that there are tiers where only some services are available with remote access vs onsite access to the intranet.

bubbles1812

You guys are missing his original point...

The disney dominated lifestyle, obsessiveness, the 'no life...' aspects of many of the disney community is popular to mock here by people.. including a favorite spirit. His point was this site couldn't be what it is without the contributions of people who must spend similar amounts of time at the parks as well. wdwmagic has it's local 'contributors' and Steve doesn't get day breaking photos and detail across the board with just lucky crowd sourcing volunteering their photos. It's obvious that people contribute on their own, but he must also have some regular crew.

So its more of 'dont throw stones...' type of point. The site couldn't being what it is without people of that type putting in their efforts. The topic of independence or not is something separate and really was going no where :)
I'd say he was making it about that as much as the other aspects of the conversation everyone has been having. i don't think anyone even has a problem with the idea of there being a "regular crew" that contributes to the site. It again comes back to how many of the disney lifestylers/bloggers operate....they do it specifically to get Disney perks. I'd say many started out with integrity but many of them have lost that now and have become much closer to being paid Disney shills than anything else. This site doesn't operate that way as far as I can tell, nor would I assume the "regular crew" who helps by posting pics. Really unsure why you'd defend him when he's managed to insult/attack Steve and most of the board.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom