WDW Spirited Quickees

bubbles1812

Sorry. I'm saying there is not a big difference between this website and what you guys seem to identify negatively as "social media whores." WDWMAGIC is on Twitter with nearly 14,000 followers. That's comprable to Inside the Magic, Touring Plans, Attractions Magazine, Lou Mongello, etc. There were several posts about lifestyle bloggers that are creepy because they visit the theme parks all the time. But this website, WDWMAGIC, visits just as often if not more often. And takes just as many pictures, if not more pictures, than any of those websites. Just look at the news from the past three or four days. You've got videos, pictures, reviews, etc. from what must have been multiple visits. And most of the other stories (WiFi change, Candlelight Processional narration, Country Bear Jamboree addition to evening emh, etc) are directly from The Hub.

I'm not saying WDWMAGIC is bad by any means. It saves me from having to log in to the Hub to see if something's been updated. But I'm not sure why we're looking so harshly at other Disney news websites, when this one practices many of the same things.

Do you work for Disney? Sorry. Confused. Just since you can log in... There are quite a few stories on here than just what comes from there, just saying.

Okay, maybe I'm wrong here guys? How is WDWMAGIC's 14,000 Twitter followers, pictures from the theme parks every day, stories sourced from The Hub any different than another website that does the same thing? What's different?

menamechris

Okay, maybe I'm wrong here guys? How is WDWMAGIC's 14,000 Twitter followers, pictures from the theme parks every day, stories sourced from The Hub any different than another website that does the same thing? What's different?

I could attempt to discuss it - but that would potentially put an end to your highly entertaining posts. I may be a "creep", but watching someone shoot themselves in the foot amuses me.

bubbles1812

Please answer the question. Do you work for Disney and in what capacity? (Obviously you don't have to give details). You say you have access to the hub...why?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Perhaps the fact that the owner of this site has not allowed himself to be influenced by Disney? Or that he has encouraged open (including negative) discussions about all facets of the TWDC? Or that he doesn't parade around the Disney parks with a laptop, camera and entourage, pretending to actually be part of the "Disney experience?"

Just a few minor differences....

Lee

Adventurer
First thing that comes to mind is that this site doesn't behave in a way that would make you believe it is affiliated with the company. Never seen anyone from here presenting themselves in a way that would incline one to believe that they are a CM.
Also, to my knowledge, this site doesn't receive any compensation (in the way of free trips and such) that many of the lifestylers/bloggers do.
And finally...this site is not afraid to be critical of the company.

I'm not talking about any of the users on this forum. menamechris, I realize you don't visit the theme parks every day taking pictures for WDWMAGIC. I'm talking about the 'home' website and how it's different from any other site with a (relatively) large Facebook/Twitter following and pictures/video of the theme parks every day.

No I don't work for Disney.

I wonder if Disney has ever offered to fly the owner of the website to a Disney theme park? And if they did, would that offer be turned down? I don't think it would behoove him to admit to such things, since the userbase here seems to equate two comped nights at the Animal Kingdom Lodge a few months ago to being bought off for the year. As far as negativity on the main WDWMAGIC.com site, there isn't a whole lot from what I've seen. Perhaps you could point me to something particularly scathing.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Well, considering the owner of this site is based in the U.K., I'm fairly certain he's not in the parks every day taking photos either. But is he gracious and lenient enough to allow forum members to post them here.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I wonder if Disney has ever offered to fly the owner of the website to a Disney theme park? And if they did, would that offer be turned down? I don't think it would behoove him to admit to such things, since the userbase here seems to equate two comped nights at the Animal Kingdom Lodge a few months ago to being bought off for the year. As far as negativity on the main WDWMAGIC.com site, there isn't a whole lot from what I've seen. Perhaps you could point me to something particularly scathing.

And I'm curious why you're so interested in trying to discredit him?

And if you want negativity, take a look around the forums at some of the various threads. A bit of research before passing judgement, if you will....

Yes, I realize that. But the pictures don't take themselves. There's someone local that takes them, unless Disney provides them. I'm too lazy to check the EXIF data to see if the pictures are taken with the same camera.

bubbles1812

Sooooo...now you are implying that the owner here is possibly lying about receiving and/or taking up offers from Disney? Cause I'm not sure how else anyone is supposed to take the sentences you just wrote... if you'd like to ask that, just ask it.

As has been my impression, many of the photos come from members who post of their own free will. And some do get taken to the main page. Someone else can correct it if I'm wrong.

And if you want negativity, take a look around the forums at some of the various threads. A bit of research before passing judgement, if you will....

I don't care about the forums or its users. And I'm not trying to discredit the owner of the website. I'm simply pointing out that WDWMAGIC.com has 14,000 Twitter followers, a strong Facebook presence (just look underneath the reply box to find a "Like" button or the "Tweet" button or the "+1 button!), and has people in the parks seemingly every day documenting changes. These are the things that seem to disgust most of you.

Sooooo...now you are implying that the owner here is possibly lying about receiving and/or taking up offers from Disney? Cause I'm not sure how else anyone is supposed to take the sentences you just wrote... if you'd like to ask that, just ask it. Just saying.

No implication. I'm sure the owner will come on here and tell us if WDWMAGIC has ever been offered or accepted perks. I honestly have no idea. And if the answer is "no," I'll certainly believe it.

bubbles1812

Agreed. Take a look at other Disney forums. Most of what is talked about here would never be allowed at other forums. I use Disboards as an example. That's about as sanitized and white washed as it gets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom