WDW selling broken pieces of SpectroMagic as a pin

GeneralKnowledge

I don't mind the idea of selling the pieces. It's better than them throwing the whole thing in the trash, and let's be real, those are our only two options. I do however hope that they don't make too much money in doing this because I could totally see them adding the revenue to a life cycle cost analysis for attractions, showing a boost in revenue at the end of an attraction's life. We don't need them to have more incentives to close down and raze more attractions.

Next thing you know they'll come out and decide that rather than continue to run the theme parks indefinitely, they've decided to demolish everything and capitalize on the burgeoning scrap metal pin market.

Buried20KLeague

I think it's a cool idea, why not own a little piece of the magic?

Because it's a non-descript sliver of some kind of material that's clearly unrecognizable. To me, that's crazy.

You know how they could have done this? And made a FORTUNE? Take a bulb from the float and suspend it inside a glass Christmas ornament. Put small pictures of the floats around the bottom of the ornament. Or maybe just the picture of the float if came from. Have a series of them with bulbs from each float. Charge me $50. I'd be first in line for something like that. Hell, if they could make it so it could plug into my string of lights on the tree and actually WORK?????? I'd pay TWICE that. To have 5 ornaments with lit bulbs from sprectromagic? That would be "owning a piece of the magic". THAT would be showing your fans you care. This is a shameless cash grab from pixie dust snorters.

Once again, TDO could have done something very right and instead did something JUST enough to sell.

Last edited:

Buried20KLeague

I don't mind the idea of selling the pieces. It's better than them throwing the whole thing in the trash, and let's be real, those are our only two options. I do however hope that they don't make too much money in doing this because I could totally see them adding the revenue to a life cycle cost analysis for attractions, showing a boost in revenue at the end of an attraction's life. We don't need them to have more incentives to close down and raze more attractions.

Next thing you know they'll come out and decide that rather than continue to run the theme parks indefinitely, they've decided to demolish everything and capitalize on the burgeoning scrap metal pin market.

They already do that. Sadly.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Maybe they will be using the profits to build a new parade? Or even to buy the original Dreamlights from Tokyo? We need an upgrade of some sort...

LMAO

here's where the profits from this remnant pin go:
bob-iger.gi_.top_.jpg

"Check out my new bottle!"
jennifer-hudson-cruise-ship.jpg

"New watch"

disney-ceo-bob-iger-there-are-no-guarantees-about-keeping-abc.jpg

"New BFF LULZ YOLO"

BobIgerGeorgeLucas.jpg

Last edited:

rioriz

But seriously though, you can't fault them for doing something unique for the pixie snorters.... #noteverythingisbad

Tom Morrow

I'm on the fence on this one, it's shameless but its better than just throwing it away. But I also agree that selling the actual bulbs would have been much smarter.

Can we go yet?

"Hey, this tiny piece of Metal on attached to this pin comes from our parade that we let rot for years!" Besides, I thought all the floats were destroyed...did they really dig around in the remains for some tiny shards they could sell? This is depressing. :c

scoobygirl39541

If the piece was recognizable, I'd buy it in a second. Heck even if they said which float it came from, I'd consider... but its just a tiny piece of random metal. I'll pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom