WDW selling broken pieces of SpectroMagic as a pin

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Because it's a non-descript sliver of some kind of material that's clearly unrecognizable. To me, that's crazy.

You know how they could have done this? And made a FORTUNE? Take a bulb from the float and suspend it inside a glass Christmas ornament. Put small pictures of the floats around the bottom of the ornament. Or maybe just the picture of the float if came from. Have a series of them with bulbs from each float. Charge me $50. I'd be first in line for something like that. Hell, if they could make it so it could plug into my string of lights on the tree and actually WORK?????? I'd pay TWICE that. To have 5 ornaments with lit bulbs from sprectromagic? That would be "owning a piece of the magic". THAT would be showing your fans you care. This is a shameless cash grab from pixie dust snorters.

Once again, TDO could have done something very right and instead did something JUST enough to sell.

THIS

MaryJaneP

An alleged piece of a trashed parade that was only trashed due to TDO negligence in storage. No thanks. What's next, turkey leg remnant pins? "Actual" pieces of bones, ligaments, and "meat"? Wow. Tasteless and SOP come to mind.

BaconPancakes

Don't you trust this face?

0.jpg
So that's what the infamous Meg looks like. Yikes...

AintNoOtherMan

I don't actually hate the idea... I hope (and doubt) that the intentions would be to satisfy guests, but it really is probably to make money off of the fans. I probably won't buy the pin myself, as I wasn't a crazy Spectro fan (Great parade, but I don't mind moving onto different parades), but I would buy it if I were a huge fan, even if the idea was cheap.

dreamfinder

I wouldn't be surprised if most of the remnants are actually from costumes/props rather than parts of the floats themselves. According to the Feb pin here -> http://disneyparksmerchandise.com/pins/piece-of-disney-history-series-february/ that one has a piece of a trumpeters cape.

Because it's a non-descript sliver of some kind of material that's clearly unrecognizable. To me, that's crazy.

You know how they could have done this? And made a FORTUNE? Take a bulb from the float and suspend it inside a glass Christmas ornament. Put small pictures of the floats around the bottom of the ornament. Or maybe just the picture of the float if came from. Have a series of them with bulbs from each float. Charge me $50. I'd be first in line for something like that. Hell, if they could make it so it could plug into my string of lights on the tree and actually WORK?????? I'd pay TWICE that. To have 5 ornaments with lit bulbs from sprectromagic? That would be "owning a piece of the magic". THAT would be showing your fans you care. This is a shameless cash grab from pixie dust snorters.

Once again, TDO could have done something very right and instead did something JUST enough to sell.

They did that when they first "retired" MSEP. Boxed up the bulbs in little display cases and then sold them at DLR. You can still pick them up on eBay, usually for under $20.

Mouse_Trap

"Hey, this tiny piece of Metal on attached to this pin comes from our parade that we let rot for years!" Besides, I thought all the floats were destroyed...did they really dig around in the remains for some tiny shards they could sell? This is depressing. :c

Then shipped the shards half way around the world (and back) to China to be put into a pin......

luv

Then shipped the shards half way around the world (and back) to China to be put into a pin......
I thought of that, too! I assume the pins are made in China and wondered exactly how they were assembling them to get the real pieces of Spectro in there. :)

Still, I'm going to get one if they sell them.

rael ramone

And when they run out of Spectro shrapnel, they'll sell tshirts depicting the 'Spectro Shrapnel Pins'...

More proof that the TWDC is part of the Ferengi Alliance?

(Anyone good w/ photoshop who wants to put Quark ears on the Weatherman?)

midwest_mice

Wonder if they'll sell pieces of the castle float once it is finally(hopefully) scrapped? That float's been in quite a few parades!

Hobnail Boot

Supposedly the pins were released yesterday. They don't seem to be available online (yet?) so I might try the merchandise number to see if I can get them that way since I won't be down until next month. Anyone ordered through them before? I've got the sku numbers ready to go.

asianway

Supposedly the pins were released yesterday. They don't seem to be available online (yet?) so I might try the merchandise number to see if I can get them that way since I won't be down until next month. Anyone ordered through them before? I've got the sku numbers ready to go.
It's limited you need to wait either two weeks or a month can't recall which

dreamfinder

It's limited you need to wait either two weeks or a month can't recall which

Pretty much. Most of the LE merch doesn't show up on mail order until a few weeks after it gets released in the parks. And only a small subset of stuff ends up on line, and typically when LE does get sold online from the parks (IE Vinylmations) it's only a fraction of the total edition size. They are releasing more of these throughout the year, I believe the second pin cones out in another 2 weeks.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
And when they run out of Spectro shrapnel, they'll sell tshirts depicting the 'Spectro Shrapnel Pins'...

Well Disney does follow rule of acquisition # 1 once you have their money never give it back and # 67 Enough is never enough...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

The Grand Nagus Zek MIGHT have accepted the weatherman, Since Rom became Grand Nagus and the Weatherman is even more untrustworthy than his brother Quark....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom