News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Again, you have not given any proof that what you assume is actually what happened. As I stated, it is much more likely that someone just made a mistake - unless you are someone who always assumes the worst of a company - which you have shown over and over when discussing Disney.

And why on earth didn't at least one person have a printout of the reservation? Anyone who travels frequently brings a copy with them because they know mistakes do happen.

I'm sorry that they couldn't find enough extra rooms at the same level to accommodate your large group. Again, it was a busy weekend - should they have thrown people out of their rooms? But it would have been good customer service if they had covered your extra expanse in having to find rooms at a different hotel - if things happened as you said, and they couldn't find rooms for all of you at the same resort on WDW property.

But I do agree that the universe might be telling you that it's time for you and Disney to part ways. Perhaps you would be happier if you eliminated all things Disney from your life - including forums and websites where people spend so much time talking about it.

The Mom

Premium Member
Didn’t know where else to stick this and didn’t want to start a new thread. And this is not a joke, but it definitely falls under nickel and diming.

At the Grand today and saw the fire pit going with the marshmallows roasting. We happened to walk right by and saw that they are actually charging for this activity! Now, I am most definitely in the pixie dust category, especially within the rank and file of this site. That being said, even I will admit that this is ludicrous. Can’t a guy get a free marshmallow at least?

I suspect - but don't really know - that people might have been wasting marshmallows when they were free? I have recently noticed the kits being sold at various hotels where there is a fire pit.

flyerjab

I suspect - but don't really know - that people might have been wasting marshmallows when they were free? I have recently noticed the kits being sold at various hotels where there is a fire pit.

I’ve heard others say that. I equated it to the removal of the serve yourself Dole whips at the Poly. When people started filling coolers with Dole whip, no more serving yourself. It still gets you when you see it the first time.

The Mom

Premium Member
I’ve heard others say that. I equated it to the removal of the serve yourself Dole whips at the Poly. When people started filling coolers with Dole whip, no more serving yourself. It still gets you when you see it the first time.
Just like so many little special touches that have been eliminated due to abuses by guests. Or just another way to nickel and dime guests - depending on your POV. ;)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

They used to have self serve Dole Whips at the Poly?! 😟

A pox on those people who continually make us not have nice things. :mad:

Last edited:

VaderTron

Except it’s not in Disney’s interest to deflate the cost of resale points. If anything there has been a concerted effort to raise the cost of resale along with elimination of “perks”.

Of course it's not. It also wasn't in the interest of homeowners, construction companies...in fact the entire world, to build overpriced new houses with cheap materials constantly raising the price and giving out loans until finally the whole system crashed. Doesn't mean there weren't a handful of guys and gals that walked away from the dumpster fire with millions and not a single ounce of remorse for the lives they ruined. When the Disney bubble bursts your $50,000 DVC is not going to be worth squat. That won't stop Bob and friends from taking their annual multi-millions in bonuses as they head to the exits.

21stamps

Didn’t know where else to stick this and didn’t want to start a new thread. And this is not a joke, but it definitely falls under nickel and diming.

At the Grand today and saw the fire pit going with the marshmallows roasting. We happened to walk right by and saw that they are actually charging for this activity! Now, I am most definitely in the pixie dust category, especially within the rank and file of this site. That being said, even I will admit that this is ludicrous. Can’t a guy get a free marshmallow at least?
I think they have done that for a while now. You buy like a "roasting kit" or something like that.

Wow! This is new to me. Disappointing to hear. I don’t want to buy an entire roasting kit for my kid to roast one or two marshmallows. It was ‘free’ in November of ‘16.

21stamps

Of course it's not. It also wasn't in the interest of homeowners, construction companies...in fact the entire world, to build overpriced new houses with cheap materials constantly raising the price and giving out loans until finally the whole system crashed. Doesn't mean there weren't a handful of guys and gals that walked away from the dumpster fire with millions and not a single ounce of remorse for the lives they ruined. When the Disney bubble bursts your $50,000 DVC is not going to be worth squat. That won't stop Bob and friends from taking their annual multi-millions in bonuses as they head to the exits.

I don’t know if that’s a fair comparison. Disney hotel prices aren’t going to suddenly plummet. And people don’t buy a timeshare for the same reason that they buy a home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom