News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
This is correct no charge for UK package visitors until 2020. And we get special 14 days tickets, park hopping, water parks, golf, memory maker for $484 (when slightly discounted via UK ticket retailers). Disney UK have also been giving hefty discounts at Old Key West and Saratoga (sometimes at least 25% off rack) in addition to free dining nearly all year.
One downside, in school vacations it costs us $4500 just to fly to Orlando for family of 4.

Is the $484 per person for the entire trip? Wow, that's quite a deal Disney gives you.

YorkshireT

That's what I meant, sorry I wasn't clear. That's still an amazing discount on 14 day tickets that include park hopper, water parks, golf AND memory maker.
That's what I meant, sorry I wasn't clear. That's still an amazing discount on 14 day tickets that include park hopper, water parks, golf AND memory maker.
Yes official price is £369 ($1.4 to the £ at the moment - it was even cheaper in dollars at $1.20s until recently), but I got mine from an official seller last week at £345. They also threw in free GatorLand tickets (the seller not Disney).

21stamps

So, I guess I should post this again.

I was at SSR almost exactly one month ago and they were not charging for marshmallows or the stick.

So perhaps this is a recent change or maybe a misunderstanding of what was being charged for?

@flyerjab not trying to be Captain Call Out, but could you tell if it was the kit or the actual marshmallow?

I'll admit, I'm not really familiar with how much rage I should generate for splitting that hair.

Here’s the response that I received from a poster..

I can personally confirm that on my last stay at Kadani Village during Christmas 2017, they were charging for marshmallows at Jambo House. My family and I were surprised as they were free during our July 2017 trip and stays before that.

21stamps

This is correct no charge for UK package visitors until 2020. And we get special 14 days tickets with park hopping, water parks, golf, memory maker for $484 (when slightly discounted via UK ticket retailers). Disney UK have also been giving hefty discounts at Old Key West and Saratoga (sometimes at least 25% off rack) in addition to free dining nearly all year. Unfortunately they over estimated Saratoga inventory this year, so have upgraded quite a lot of people for free to Beach Club and Wilderness lodge.
One downside, in school vacations it costs us $4500 just to fly to Orlando for family of 4. So when you see a Brit feel sorry for us and offer to buy us a drink please.

Deal, if Brits and all Europeans do the same for all Americans who travel abroad? ;) I’d also like an even exchange rate on my money, can that be thrown in too?lol

flyerjab

Ok...

I’m back to clear up some facts regarding the serious news topic of marshmallows. Our flight was delayed this afternoon so we hung out at the GF pool. I noticed when the cast members setup the fire pit so my kids and I decided to do some investigative reporting. The way it works is similar to what others have said: marshmallows are complimentary, but they do sell kits with chocolate and graham crackers. So I guess there still is something free at WDW

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Premium Member
Just wondering to myself what this parking thing is going to look like in 5 years. Right now we're at 13/19/24. If I project forward with say a 3% increase annually (which is generous as inflation is projected low to mid 2's - but looking at a worse case)

In 5 years time we should be at 15/22/28. Something tells me it will be more like 25/38/50

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Just wondering to myself what this parking thing is going to look like in 5 years. Right now we're at 13/19/24. If I project forward with say a 3% increase annually (which is generous as inflation is projected low to mid 2's - but looking at a worse case)

In 5 years time we should be at 15/22/28. Something tells me it will be more like 25/38/50
But you'll still get free marshmallows...

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Here’s the response that I received from a poster..
It appears we were not fully informed as we did not fully read the sign about the charge (and did not ask) and interpreted the sign to mean Marshmallows too. My mistake and misunderstanding of the sign. There appears to be no charge for marshmallows. SORRY:-? It was not my intent to mislead or misreport.

disneyflush

If WDW didn't raise parking fees for a few years would we think it benevolent and generous?

jakeman

It appears we were not fully informed as we did not fully read the sign about the charge (and did not ask) and interpreted the sign to mean Marshmallows too. My mistake and misunderstanding of the sign. There appears to be no charge for marshmallows. SORRY:-? It was not my intent to mislead or misreport.
No worries, mate.

It's a failure on Disney in communication as you aren't the only one to misinterpret what's going on there.

If you can't communicate what product you're selling, it's not unreasonable to expect your customers to get frustrated and and not understand what they should buy.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
No worries, mate.

It's a failure on Disney in communication as you aren't the only one to misinterpret what's going on there.

If you can't communicate what product you're selling, it's not unreasonable to expect your customers to get frustrated and and not understand what they should buy.
We were just popping over from our room at Kadani for our Boma reservation. Since we were early and the firepits were going, we decided to do a quick roast having done it on prior trips and stays at Kadani or Jambo. When we saw the sign, we did not want to spend money right before eating Boma:) so we backed out (actually thinking "what the heck?!?!" they didn't charge before!").

SoupBone

This is anecdotal of course, but in speaking with several different resort customer service reps last week, Disney is still getting major push back from guests on this issue. I laughingly said, 'you know if they just hid the price in a ticket increase, no one would have cared, or cared little then moved on'. The responses were basically, 'yeah, we've been saying that too'. I personally saw several people complaining to the front desk reps about it while waiting to speak with the front desk in Coronado Springs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom