News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

wannabeBelle

I like that first option.
Well I dont like it, but I think you are right on track draybrook. Especially at the Moderate and Value levels as I have never had a problem getting a parking space decently close to my room., so numbers dont appear to be the problem. If anything the parking areas for the Deluxes tend to be a bit more of a distance, specially at the GF and Boardwalk. Marie

Last edited:

Minthorne

I think they have done that for a while now. You buy like a "roasting kit" or something like that.

Disney has always charged for that. Funny thing is the Swan and Dolphin were giving you vouchers on check in for their s’mores kits (they also do the campfires) - One for each night. Of course they have a resort fee.

The Resort Service Package includes:

• Unlimited access to the resort’s health club facilities including 24 hour access to Dolphin Health Club

• Unlimited domestic, long distance, and local calls

• 2 bottles of water refreshed daily

• In-room enhanced high speed wireless internet access

• Complimentary daily scheduled fitness classes

• Complimentary daily scheduled recreational resort and pool activities

• $25 off spa services of $100 or more during each day of your visit at Mandara Spa

• Complimentary Swan Paddle Boat rentals

• Complimentary S'mores Fun Kit each day of your stay to be used at our evening Campfire & S'mores event”

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Disney has always charged for that. Funny thing is the Swan and Dolphin were giving you vouchers on check in for their s’mores kits (they also do the campfires) - One for each night. Of course they have a resort fee.

The Resort Service Package includes:

• Unlimited access to the resort’s health club facilities including 24 hour access to Dolphin Health Club

• Unlimited domestic, long distance, and local calls

• 2 bottles of water refreshed daily

• In-room enhanced high speed wireless internet access

• Complimentary daily scheduled fitness classes

• Complimentary daily scheduled recreational resort and pool activities

• $25 off spa services of $100 or more during each day of your visit at Mandara Spa

• Complimentary Swan Paddle Boat rentals

• Complimentary S'mores Fun Kit each day of your stay to be used at our evening Campfire & S'mores event”
I'm amazed that anything in that list is "complimentary" since you're paying for it in your resort fee.

wdwfan757

I'm amazed that anything in that list is "complimentary" since you're paying for it in your resort fee.

Swan/Dolphin refreshes your soaps every day though! The resort fee and the parking fee was always what made us lean to BW/YC/BC over Swolphin. You were usually looking at 250 nt + 30 in fees + 20 in parking, which brought you to the same 300 that you'd find on an AP discount at Disney's local offerings. With the parking fees, it probably gives Swan the edge, especially during this time where i'm filled with petty spitefulness. I'd imagine i'm not the only one who feels that way, especially anyone with marriott/spg status.

Disney Khi

Ok, I was already mad about the parking fees, but the marshmallow charge has just annoyed me even further. We have done the marshmallow roast many times at many different resorts and have never had to pay. It’s never been crowded when we’ve been there, and I’ve never seen anyone hoarding marshmallows. It’s just another way to nickel-and-dime guests who are already paying exorbitant costs for their rooms. I have a trip booked for August, but after that I’m taking a long break from WDW. I’ve finally reached my limit.

beertiki

I took the bus from DS to the Poly at 11am on Tuesday, last week. The bus was 90% full, and I think 75% were using it for transportation to the MK. You could hear them all making their plans. I was going to have lunch and a beer at the Tambo. We stayed at the Poly 3 times in 2017, parking is always a pain. We also go to Trader Sam's at least once a month, sometimes we have to beg security to let us park. At first the parking fee really ed me off, but I now know something has to be done. I hope they figure a way to validate parking for those who stay at the resort or spend money in the restaurants, but those who are trying to avoid the $22 fee at the TTC, need to be put back on the bus to DS. There have been times when I wondered why the bus stop at the Poly was so crowded for such a small resort, and that bus ride from DS really opened my eyes. While I still see it as a greedy money grab, I think some of the blame goes to those that were trying to cheat their way out of paying to park at the parks.

LSLS

I took the bus from DS to the Poly at 11am on Tuesday, last week. The bus was 90% full, and I think 75% were using it for transportation to the MK. You could hear them all making their plans. I was going to have lunch and a beer at the Tambo. We stayed at the Poly 3 times in 2017, parking is always a pain. We also go to Trader Sam's at least once a month, sometimes we have to beg security to let us park. At first the parking fee really ****ed me off, but I now know something has to be done. I hope they figure a way to validate parking for those who stay at the resort or spend money in the restaurants, but those who are trying to avoid the $22 fee at the TTC, need to be put back on the bus to DS. There have been times when I wondered why the bus stop at the Poly was so crowded for such a small resort, and that bus ride from DS really opened my eyes. While I still see it as a greedy money grab, I think some of the blame goes to those that were trying to cheat their way out of paying to park at the parks.

You realize the fee is only for overnight, and doesn't apply to people going for a day visit, right?

Rescue Ranger

Seriously? They want to charge you for a marshmallow now too? Wow. This es me off. Nothing can be done care free anymore.

Watch, there will be fees for Movies Under the Stars soon. But they'll include "free" popcorn to make it seem like they're making it a magical experience. Good grief.

asianway

Not sure if mentioned, but they have turned back on the ability to leave reviews on Facebook. now up to 81k 1 star reviews...
Ive been meaning to say - they must think youre an "influencer". You tagged waltdisneyworld, and wdwtoday jumped in to reply. Never saw that before

jakeman

Seriously? They want to charge you for a marshmallow now too? Wow. This ****es me off. Nothing can be done care free anymore.

Watch, there will be fees for Movies Under the Stars soon. But they'll include "free" popcorn to make it seem like they're making it a magical experience. Good grief.
So, I guess I should post this again.

I was at SSR almost exactly one month ago and they were not charging for marshmallows or the stick.

So perhaps this is a recent change or maybe a misunderstanding of what was being charged for?

@flyerjab not trying to be Captain Call Out, but could you tell if it was the kit or the actual marshmallow?

I'll admit, I'm not really familiar with how much rage I should generate for splitting that hair.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
FYI, not sure if it was mentioned here yet but the Swan and Dolphin just increased (effective April 9th) their overnight parking rates to $23 a night up from $20. Valet is now $33 up from $26.

flyerjab

So, I guess I should post this again.

I was at SSR almost exactly one month ago and they were not charging for marshmallows or the stick.

So perhaps this is a recent change or maybe a misunderstanding of what was being charged for?

@flyerjab not trying to be Captain Call Out, but could you tell if it was the kit or the actual marshmallow?

I'll admit, I'm not really familiar with how much rage I should generate for splitting that hair.

I am honestly not that certain. My soon to be 17 year old noticed it. She thought she saw a price of 65 cents but she didn’t see what that was in reference to.

wendyphant

I am not sure if this has been added in the thread but a visit to a travel agents disney meeting has informed that UK visitors on packages will not be charged for parking. !!!

YorkshireT

I am not sure if this has been added in the thread but a visit to a travel agents disney meeting has informed that UK visitors on packages will not be charged for parking. !!!
This is correct no charge for UK package visitors until 2020. And we get special 14 days tickets with park hopping, water parks, golf, memory maker for $484 (when slightly discounted via UK ticket retailers). Disney UK have also been giving hefty discounts at Old Key West and Saratoga (sometimes at least 25% off rack) in addition to free dining nearly all year. Unfortunately they over estimated Saratoga inventory this year, so have upgraded quite a lot of people for free to Beach Club and Wilderness lodge.
One downside, in school vacations it costs us $4500 just to fly to Orlando for family of 4. So when you see a Brit feel sorry for us and offer to buy us a drink please.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom