WDW Resorts Reopening Thread

vikescaper

"Disney has just announced that they plan on keeping Disney’s Polynesian Resort closed until Summer 2021 as they complete refurbishment work."

"As we continue to reopen additional Disney Resort hotels to Guests, we are modifying the reopening date for Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort which will reopen next summer. This schedule adjustment also allows us to complete some refurbishment work at the Resort hotel, including enhancements to the Great Ceremonial House and Guest rooms. We expect work to begin in early October and look forward to sharing more about these changes in the future. The Villas and Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort will remain open during this refurbishment."

My family and I usually stay at Shades of Green and are currently there so we walk over to the Polynesian frequently. We went over there the other night and it was really eerie how quiet the resort is on the non DVC side.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I'm holding out for the Incredirooms in Contemporary!
LOL. I like the IP rooms personally (especially at the Contemporary which I think desperately needs a theme upgrade from "1960s vision of 2000 that we have stomped on the authenticity of 100 times already"), but I know they'll go over with lead balloons on this forum.

If a hint of a Moana theme helps keep the Poly's rooms from becoming effectively unthemed like so many other resorts, small price to pay. The kids will love it.

techgeek

"Disney has just announced that they plan on keeping Disney’s Polynesian Resort closed until Summer 2021 as they complete refurbishment work."

"As we continue to reopen additional Disney Resort hotels to Guests, we are modifying the reopening date for Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort which will reopen next summer. This schedule adjustment also allows us to complete some refurbishment work at the Resort hotel, including enhancements to the Great Ceremonial House and Guest rooms. We expect work to begin in early October and look forward to sharing more about these changes in the future. The Villas and Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort will remain open during this refurbishment."

I don't know how you spin this as anything other than what it is, it's not because they want to leave the place shut down for a refurb. This is the Poly. It's a core deluxe property. They bent over backwards just a few years ago to keep it online with massive renovations.

This isn't at all like 2002 when Port Orleans was taken off-line, or like in 2008 when there were systemic 'refurbs' to portions of resorts around property to close-off buildings. This is the Poly. I mean, wow. This is perhaps one of the most mind-blowing indicators yet to me that TWDC's read on future bookings is nothing short of dire.

rowrbazzle

LOL. I like the IP rooms personally (especially at the Contemporary which I think desperately needs a theme upgrade from "1960s vision of 2000 that we have stomped on the authenticity of 100 times already"), but I know they'll go over with lead balloons on this forum.

If a hint of a Moana theme helps keep the Poly's rooms from becoming effectively unthemed like so many other resorts, small price to pay. The kids will love it.
The Lilo and Stitch bed in the DVC room is a huge hit with my kids. I think it's the only IP in the room and you only see it when the bed is folded out.

I wouldn't mind seeing something Moana-related at the resort. It's certainly appropriate to the setting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom