WDW Resorts Reopening Thread

Magic Feather

Original Poster
I noticed that the reopening of resorts and hotels themselves didn't have their own thread, which I felt would be semi-important.
As of now, the only confirmed resorts reopening are DVC resorts (sans Jambo House) and Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground, all of which are scheduled to reopen on this Monday, June 22. With the lack of confirmation of other resorts opening, many people are being contacted about moving their reservation to a different resort either for an upcharge or complimentary. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with being moved and, if so, from which resort to what resort?

Disney Dad 3000

I wonder if that’s because they realized the ramifications of the leak, or if the final one will be different.
You'd think they'd want people to know if their resort is even going to be open before having them go through the reservation party tomorrow. We have a split stay at ASM and BW 7/18-28 we are probably canceling but would be nice to know officially if trying to book a park those days is worth the effort.

monothingie

I ❤️ Bob
Premium Member
With the lack of confirmation of other resorts opening, many people are being contacted about moving their reservation to a different resort either for an upcharge or complimentary.
From stuff posted on Twitter that I saw, guests with moderate and value reservations were given two options, pay to upgrade to a DVC or cancel.

God I also just saw Tom The Clickbaitor CoreLESS also has posted something similar, so maybe I'm doubtful now.

Last edited:

Gravydeen

Well we are at Pop starting July 10th and have not been moved. I called Disney 3 days ago and asked about it and he said he would put in a request for which DVC they would be moving me to so I could decide to accept or cancel. They would get back with me within 72 hours which would be today. Now I see this rumor about Pop being open on the 10th. My big question is if I don’t hear from them today am I still eligible to make park reservations tomorrow as I should be with Pop still my resort if the rumor is false and Pop is not going to open? I would hope so.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
As a data point, Disney called me about week before opening. I've been offered to move from Beach Club hotel woods view to Beach Club villas one bedroom complimentary upgrade. Moving dates would require paying rack rate. Offer is good same day and could be different tomorrow. I'm sitting on it curious about soft opening news.

Magic Feather

Original Poster
What are thoughts on resorts not included? Both Port Orleans, WL, Jambo hotel (mentions villas)?
Exactly what it says on the bottom.
Port Orleans and the All Stars (with the exception of Coronado) are the two most isolated resorts from an ops perspective, making them almost a no-brained to keep closed. WL is almost entirely DVC (I think only the atrium rooms and the West Wing are still non-DVC), so opening its non-DVC is really unnecessary. Except for the resort having a greater percentage of regular rooms (but a closer ratio when Kidani is included) AK Lodge is the same situation at WL.

The only thing that surprises me is Coronado having an established date for coming back online, which I can only assume is to get ROI on the recent Reno.

Magic Feather

Original Poster
I wonder how reservations will work for restaurants opening tomorrow for non-resort guests. Will walk ups be permitted, or will only resort guests be allowed to dine?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom