WDW Resorts Reopening Thread

ryguy

Problem with the deluxe resorts are their price points. Its hard to justify the price when half the stuff is closed. Who are we kidding its hard to justify the prices when the resort is fully open. I would think the value and moderates would have better success attracting guests in this climate.

ToTBellHop

Problem with the deluxe resorts are their price points. Its hard to justify the price when half the stuff is closed. Who are we kidding its hard to justify the prices when the resort is fully open. I would think the value and moderates would have better success attracting guests in this climate.
Release 40% off deluxes to all and people will show up. Doesn’t help to only offer that to APs while you can’t buy an AP.

dreday3

I am currently under the impression that when Coronado opens they will only be opening Gran Destino and maybe some Casitas rooms if demand requires it (unlikely). With that, expect limited amenities (likely only the feature pool and maybe one quiet pool open), except for maybe restaurants. There seems to be a real reluctance to re-furlough CM’s at the restaurants that would be most likely to not reopen to guests due to demand. As of now, the only lock is the Quick Service (after that’s when there becomes a lot of either/ors, like Toledo vs. 3 Bridges and Barcelona vs. Dahlia).

Any updates to this particular rumor?

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Any updates to this particular rumor?

I noticed this week that this pops up when I choose CSR for November but doesn’t when I choose POP:

F0285F8C-BF54-44A8-8EF1-56AC36ACA5BF.png

Perhaps this isn’t new and/or it could mean nothing but it just seems weird for it to flag for only certain resorts. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Magic Feather

Original Poster
I noticed this week that this pops up when I choose CSR for November but doesn’t when I choose POP:

View attachment 496488

Perhaps this isn’t new and/or it could mean nothing but it just seems weird for it to flag for only certain resorts. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I’m assuming that flag is on any resort that isn’t actually open yet. To be honest, the fact that Yacht opened is about all the proof I need that some part of CSR will reopen as it confirmed my “they don’t want to reclose resorts” info

monothingie

I ❤️ Bob
Premium Member
I’m still searching for the leprechaun...

But, I’m DVC. Not much use, I suppose.
Same boat here with DVC. Under normal circumstances I'd be eating these up. But I'm going to wind up with a bazillion DVC points that I need to burn in the next two years so for right now the PIN offers are just being moved to the trash can.

ToTBellHop

Same boat here with DVC. Under normal circumstances I'd be eating these up. But I'm going to wind up with a bazillion DVC points that I need to burn in the next two years so for right now the PIN offers are just being moved to the trash can.
I understand the need but HATE the restrictions on borrowing over 50% of points. There’s no demand right now. I’d rather use points ahead and book bigger rooms or more desirable resorts, but not allowed. Boo.

But that’s a bit off topic.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

dreday3

This is what someone reported seeing on HUB (?):

Dhalia Lounge opens at 4:30 until 10 or midnight, not sure
Barcelona - opens morning only until 11 am I think? Probably not many people day drinking in the lobby to keep it open all day
Three Bridges opens at 4:30 until 10 or midnight, not sure
Rix Bar/Grill- I think breakfast hrs, lunch hrs and dinner, but I'm not sure of exact times
Siestas - I don't know times

dreday3

Wondering if the quick service isn't opening because it's owned by another restaurant group - maybe they haven't hired people back yet or are waiting for union stuff...who knows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom