WDW Resorts Reopening Thread

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

DisDadWoz

We’ve been at Riviera almost two days now. Masks worn everywhere with the exception of the pools. We went to Beaches & Cream tonight and It’s a ghost town there. Crazy. No music playing, no activity, nothing. It was kind of creepy in that we walked up from the parking lot and there was nobody around. No greeters, bell hops, nothing. It literally looked like we we weren’t going to be able to go in. After B&C we walked on the Boardwalk and again, nobody. When we returned to Riviera it was somewhat bustling with people walking around etc. but not busy at all. It’s been nice having the resort pretty much to ourselves.

Magic Feather

Original Poster
I’m surprised that nobody (not even the blogs from what i’ve seen) have been covering the recently opened JW Marriott Bonnett Creek. I think they welcomed their first official guests yesterday.

I had a family member swing by to check it out (he sent me a video too), and my impression of the place doesn’t seem to be great. To the point where I am feeling bad for people transferred there from Swolphin.

The resort itself is very far away from the already far away Bonnett Creek properties. You have to drive through a bunch of secluded nature just to end up at a hotel that’s pressed up against I-4. Once inside, it’s the standard modern hotel decor. Nothing all that special (it makes the Swolphin renovations look whimsical). Unfortunately, this resort was built as a convention hotel, so the lobby, lower lobby, and pool are all cluttered with mostly shuttered bars and restaurants. Their rooftop bar/restaurant hasn’t even opened, which is a shame. Similarly, the pool is modern and bland (aka it’s not really made for families). The hotel also doesn’t really have any “grounds” (the hotel is mostly a tower, convention center, and pool) which is really a shame.

Two final notes are that the tower is oriented to where the two “views” are both just okay, instead of going the way that the Hilton and Waldorf are with one great side and one bad side. Effectively, both views are I-4 & ________. Also, there is a giant pad next to it that is clearly meant to be another tower hotel. While COVID may have delayed its construction, once it is under construction I expect it to be not the best circumstances for the JW hotel.

Overall, this seems like a nice, modern convention hotel, but I really struggle to see it as an adequate Swolphin substitute, and have an even harder time finding a way to count it as a “Disney” hotel.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Honest question:

What’s the price?

Some of these tickets won’t hold nearly as much value...has anyone bothered to point this out?

...ehhh, nevermind.

Magic Feather

Original Poster
With the exception of people looking to get tickets for existing hotel reservations between now and mid-August, I’d strongly caution against getting caught up in tomorrow’s hullabaloo, and definitely avoid the call lines. There should still be plenty of availability for resorts by the end of tomorrow (that said, while I doubt park passes will completely run out for the early weeks, I was proven wrong with AP’s, so I’m not making any calls about that system.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
With the exception of people looking to get tickets for existing hotel reservations between now and mid-August, I’d strongly caution against getting caught up in tomorrow’s hullabaloo, and definitely avoid the call lines. There should still be plenty of availability for resorts by the end of tomorrow (that said, while I doubt park passes will completely run out for the early weeks, I was proven wrong with AP’s, so I’m not making any calls about that system.
When 2021 tickets/rooms went on sale they were live on Undercover Tourist and others within a couple hours. If one needs to avoid the Space Mountain fail screen, one might try a 3rd party site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom