WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

durangojim

The site that shall not be named is staying that reservations are not available until July 1. Some are reporting that they can still make June reservations on the Disney site.

Epcotbob

The site that shall not be named is staying that reservations are not available until July 1. Some are reporting that they can still make June reservations on the Disney site.

I'm still holding out for trial openings in the parks in June. Maybe for Locals and AP holders......

It never made sense to me that they would open up resorts before trying out the parks first.

Touchdown

For anyone hoping for huge discounts when they open, canceled June trips are being offered 25% off a room through August 31, 2020

Wow how generous of you to extend the discount you announced before Covid, and continue to exclude the Fall...

Just stop your dreaming now, Disney will be giving you less at a minimal discount.

Last edited:

Lilofan

For anyone hoping for huge discounts when they open, they are currently offering 25% off a room through August 31, 2020

Wow how generous of you to extend the discount you announced before Covid, and continue to exclude the Fall...

Just stop your dreaming now, Disney will be giving you less at a minimal discount.
May not tell you that the resort pools are probably going to be closed.. So that upgraded look view room is not worth it.

Last edited:

Peter Pan's Shadow

For anyone hoping for huge discounts when they open, canceled June trips are being offered 25% off a room through August 31, 2020

I got 20% off room and quick service dining plan. Great for me.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Maybe they're full enough to accomplish the 50% capacity in June and don't want to over book?
That’s a possibility. The only problem is they probably don’t know how many will cancel vs keep existing reservations.

I do think that they avoided canceling the May reservations all at once to space out the calls to guest services. They will probably do the same for June. I wouldn’t expect a mass cancellation of all June reservations any time soon even if they know the park won’t open.

Touchdown

If you were Disney and you wanted to reduce capacity at your resorts in June would you:

A: take rooms out of circulation but still allow bookings provided they were below those numbers

B: Stop all bookings, tell travel agents they can’t book anymore

Disney doesn’t think they are opening in June.

peter11435

If you were Disney and you wanted to reduce capacity at your resorts in June would you:

A: take rooms out of circulation but still allow bookings provided they were below those numbers

Or A-2: their existing bookings for June already exceed those numbers.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Probably, but let the people keep their hopes :)

brianstl

Existing June reservations haven’t been canceled at this point. The offer you are referring to is the same one they have been running since before the shutdown for new bookings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom